Print

Author Topic: Peach is Very Out-of-Character in the Strikers Series  (Read 12896 times)

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 11:04:26 PM »
I've always thought of Mario to be more out-of-character than anyone else in this game. I mean, look at him!

he is able to keep a cheerful, forgiving personality when Bowser kidnaps Peach over and over, but he gets all angry and serious in a soccer game? Where was all that energy when he was fighting evil villians and such?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 12:20:08 AM »
It's a spinoff, remember?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 12:28:55 AM »
Eh, I was being very sarcastic. Yes, spin-offs seem to ruin characters general personalities. Sometimes, anyways.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »
I've always thought of Mario to be more out-of-character than anyone else in this game. I mean, look at him!

he is able to keep a cheerful, forgiving personality when Bowser kidnaps Peach over and over, but he gets all angry and serious in a soccer game? Where was all that energy when he was fighting evil villians and such?

Haha, you're right about that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:41:01 PM by Super-Jesse »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »
Don't forget that soccer is the source of 30% of the world's anger.

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 06:50:06 PM »
Well, it's an ethnically diverse sport for starters.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 08:11:17 AM »
What, is Mario racist, or something?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 08:19:52 AM »
"Soccer is the source of 30% of the world's anger."

Some people dislike others who come from different ethnic backgrounds. The fact that soccer is ethnically diverse attributes to the (ahem) "anger" that Suffix was speaking of.

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
A Mario Volleyball game? That arleady happened....

in a mini-game in Mario Party 5. And Peach ain't wearing a bikini in that game...she has her dress on!

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 07:02:51 PM »
Wasn't that Mario Party 4?

That minigame was really fun, too. Played it a lot.

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »
Ditto. I enjoyed the hockey game from Mario Party 5 too. Same can be said for the basketball game in Mario Party 6.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »
Back on topic I guess, I found Peach's design totally okay. I mean, yeah, it looked like a skimpy battle suit straight out of every RPG, but it's a change of pace, or something. It also opens the possibility of Mario in a thong, which is even better than Sonic in SSBB.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »
"Soccer is the source of 30% of the world's anger."

Some people dislike others who come from different ethnic backgrounds. The fact that soccer is ethnically diverse attributes to the (ahem) "anger" that Suffix was speaking of.

Suddenly, Glorb, I am not interested in changing the subject back... PaperLuigi, ethnic diversity is not what I was talking about. I was talking about sore losers, rowdy fans, and insults. It happens in such a sport, and the sport is worldwide.

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 07:57:54 AM »
Actually, that comment was just a sad, sad attempt at making a joke. :P

But yeah, since soccer has all that and is worldwide (as opposed to say, football) it is a pretty angry sport.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »
Ah, but football is worldwide.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print