Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1709876 times)

« Reply #6090 on: October 01, 2009, 05:50:10 PM »
You've got a peanut allergy there, Toad? That sucks.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #6091 on: October 01, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »
I know it's a reaction that goes away. I've been getting them for as long as I can remember. That doesn't stop it from hurting while it's here though.. :( :( :(

Peach, I'm sorry to hear about your arthritis too. I meant to say something sooner.

Yeah Weegee. It does suck. It's no wonder I was sick all the time when I was younger though..
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:53:45 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6092 on: October 01, 2009, 08:58:27 PM »
I've never had arthritis, but I'm sure it's very painful and annoying to have. Sorry to hear that you have it, Peach. :(

Usually when I have a sore throat, I gargle with salt-water and after a few days, the soreness is gone. To be on the safe side, Toad, it's probably best not to feed your children anything that contains peanuts. They might be allergic to it too. :(
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6093 on: October 03, 2009, 08:26:11 AM »
You know when you get an itch that feels like it's way in your ear and in the veeeery back of your mouth... and you can never pinpoint it?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6094 on: October 03, 2009, 08:31:41 AM »
Yes. Freaking hate those and I always think I'm going to die when I get it.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6095 on: October 03, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
there's this one giant one that my tongue can't help but rake against my teeth, causing more pain and angst.
I know what that's like. I've had it happen a few times. I've also had cases where my wisdom teeth pinch/bite the heck out of my cheek.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #6096 on: October 03, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »
I'm sincerely disappointed with Nintendo Power, or at least their new management: A few days ago I purchased their new 2009/10 calendar, only to realize that Christmas, Easter and Good Friday had all been omitted while all the secular holidays remained. Such an apalling act of political correctness is too major to have been a mere oversight. It's not enough to make me unsubscribe from the magazine, but I've lost some serious respect for the folks at NP.

« Reply #6097 on: October 03, 2009, 06:59:04 PM »
I have ANGST because it seems like the rest of the world is subscribing to this new train of thought, just as Nintendo Power did. The Australian government's at the forefront of such retarded activities, of course; trying to implement an internet filter to slow our comparatively-terrible net speeds down whilst blocking some sites without illegal content (sure, I don't go on 4chan or anything like that, but to take away our right to see it just because of some power-hungry politician's whim is nothing short of moronic).

Oh, and they're banning sale of Left 4 Dead 2 as well... why can't the government loosen up, ffs? I'm almost glad Anonymous hacked our PMs website, if this is the sort of idiocy us Australians can come to expect.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6098 on: October 03, 2009, 07:21:43 PM »
Now that you mention it, Weegee, I'm not too happy with Nintendo Power either. The magazine has gone downhill since the aforementioned change of management. But now that I've moved, new problems have surfaced such as having an issue completely skipped.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6099 on: October 03, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »
Nintendo Power's been exponentially sucking for years, but removing Christmas from the calendar? Typos and an ugly layout are one thing, but this goes beyond editorial trifles in a videogame magazine and into a political issue with some far-flung implications. Who else has done this?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6100 on: October 03, 2009, 08:10:46 PM »
It seems as though Nintendo Power unwisely exchanged their trademark kitsch for a generic "hipness" in the year leading up to and since their move to Future US. Gone are the days of a substantial fan art section, cheat/walkthrough features, and permanent writers with personality. That being said, I've only been a subscriber since 2003, but the decline in quality is noticeable nonethless.

EDIT: Bowser X is impossible. Urgh.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:52:08 PM by Weegee »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6101 on: October 03, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »
I always thought their new logo looked too much like EGM's.

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6102 on: October 03, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »
Well, everyone knows that they were trying to be a little like them. Of course, now that EGM's dead (yes, I know it's supposed to be returning), maybe they figured that was their cue to try even harder to do themselves in. ;)

Part of the reason I'm so bitter is because I was a subscriber since issue #103.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:28:40 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6103 on: October 03, 2009, 11:50:59 PM »
EDIT: Bowser X is impossible. Urgh.

Holy crap.... are you friggin' serious? You mean you have to fight Bowser X after freaking Class 7? [darn]... I knew he'd show up somewhere... man, I can't get past Class 7. What the hell, Alpha-Dream, what the hell.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #6104 on: October 04, 2009, 11:27:02 AM »
I unsubscribed from NP a few years back. It wasn't interesting enough to beg my mother for (as I had insufficient funds).

Also, I was weight lifting at least 3 days ago and my upper arms are still hurting. I didn't warm up like an idiot.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print