Print

Author Topic: Mario Universe Voice Acting Mysteries, Etc.  (Read 40773 times)

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2010, 01:10:18 AM »
It's a shame, Leslie Swan was the best voice Peach ever had. She actually sounded like a princess and not a Britney princess.

What did Luigi say when he gets a birdie (or is it eagle) in Mario Golf? Sounds like "I'm gonna shoot myself for fun! Pretty good!"
You didn't say wot wot.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2010, 02:42:53 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, Jen Taylor (SM64 Peach voice actor) provided Luigi's high, annoying voice in Mario Party 1 and 2, I believe.

Why in the WarioWare Factory would they get a female to voice Luigi?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2010, 03:08:35 AM »
They're idiots?
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2010, 06:19:01 AM »
Actually, Leslie Swan also voiced Peach in Super Paper Mario, if I'm not too much mistaken.  Not that, you know, it'd be easy to notice in that context.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2010, 09:11:50 AM »
Leslie Swan was the best voice Peach ever had.

Never heard anyone agree with me on that.  I almost wish that Wario had kept his Japanese MK64 voice, as recent games almost seem to show it heading that way again (or maybe it's just MKW, the voice acting in general in that game was horrible)
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2010, 10:33:14 AM »
I think Luigi's high voice is also Martinet.
That was a joke.

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2010, 10:48:29 AM »
Why in the WarioWare Factory would they get a female to voice Luigi?

Bart Simpson and Buttercup (the Powerpuff Girl) are both voiced by females, as is Peppy Hare (and Toad, iirc).

Also, do you have to mention the factory every time you point out something you don't like or disagree with? It's getting really old.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
This is probably an old issue, but:

In SM64 when Mario throws Bowser around he says, "So long _____, Bowser!" What's the missing word?
Blargg.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »
Men have died trying to solve that mystery."Gay", "eh"... who knows.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »
I thought it was "so long, eh Bowser?" But with his accent it's probably "so long-a, Bowser!"

Peppy Hare's voiced by a woman? In what games?
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2010, 12:19:07 PM »
In no games.
Also, Slippy is only voiced by a girl in Star Fox 64.
That was a joke.

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »
Lucas, Pit, Roy (iirc), and three of the Koopalings in NSMBW are voiced by women.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2010, 12:47:07 PM »
Leslie Swan and other the other localizers did the character chants in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2010, 01:24:31 PM »
My best guess was always, "So long there, Bowser!" But I was wanting other fans' input too. ;-)
Blargg.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:48 PM »
It isn't a word. It's an extra syllable. So long ə, Bowser!
That was a joke.

Print