Print

Author Topic: I Don't Like BMX Anymore...  (Read 3781 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: July 03, 2004, 08:31:38 PM »
*sigh* I mean... I still DO like it, but I have 0% motivation, I can't do crap, AND EVERY FRICKIN' PERSON I KNOW IS A JERK THAT RIDES, AND IF I KNOW THEM FROM FORUMS, LIKE 1 OR 2 IS NICE. That just makes me feel even worse than before, because YOU MUST BE MEAN AND NOTHING BUT PUNK ROCK/ETC. TO BE COOL if you know the people I know.

You know what, I HATE being nice now because you know where it's gotten me? NO FRICKIN' WHERE. I am being taken advantage of and people can do what ever the heck they want because they know I'm good-hearted and they know I won't do ONE CRAPLOAD OF ANYTHING TO THEM. If I ATTEMPT to, they'll go home and do some fake crying JUST to ge me in trouble and I don't want to ruin a slight reputation of being nice.

I HATE BEING NICE NOW... in the things *I* like to do, IT.    GETS.     ME.    NOWHERE!!! You can't earn respect by being nice anymore; it's just by how good you are.

"If love is around the corner, I must be going in circles." ~My friend
+--Support our troops and now our favorite Ronald Reagan.--+

Edited by - Trainman on 7/3/2004 7:52:51 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 08:46:02 PM »
Dude, how old are your friends?  I'm not sure what advice I could give, except I know the type of people you're talking about and THEY'RE ANNOYING.  Are they kids in your neighborhood?  You could ignore them, or throw tennis balls at them, or move...

I doubt you can only do crap.  And even if that's true, so what?  It's still fun, right?

If people take advantage of you, then pretend you don't have anything worth taking advantage of you for. <-- This advice works, but it depends on the situation.

That's all I know on the subject, and I'm pretty sure I didn't help at all, oh well.  Um, don't give up, I guess.

I can''t think of a signature.  Gimme suggestions.

Edited by - Markio on 7/3/2004 7:54:22 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 08:46:17 PM »
Hey, no shouting.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 09:50:31 PM »
Powers- couple months older: Friggin' jerk, but rides. Thinks I am a child beause I am a few months younger than him. Since he met the new guy and is just like him, he doesn't even want to be associated with me anymore, yet he'll wanna use my ramps every day...

Jon- new guy; barely a month older than me: Ever since he met Powers today, he's be a jerk and went to his house ALL day obviously making fun of me behind my bike. He doesn't even talk to me anymore because he met someone more "punk rock" and stupid (Powers) Doesn't even talk to me anymore. Can't accept who I am. I must be like him or he won't talk to me. NICE AS A WHIP AROUND MY PARENTS. He's gonna quit riding soon, anyway. (See first post for details.)

Blake- Older than him: He's really cool, but skateboards more. He is gonna do whatever extreme sport gets him sponsored which is not what biking is about. I think he may be mistaken. I think what he meant was he'll ride more than skate if he is sponsored. Likes to make fun of Powers when he's acting stupid which is funny, but sometimes Powers will get over on him and drag him along when Powers is a jerk to me.

Steeler (cousin)- older than him: He doesn;t have the best bike and doesn't like to ride because of that. He doesn't like to ride either because he can't bunnyhop so he degrades himself and constantly says that he'll never get any better (in a depressed kind of tone), but when I tell him he'll get better if he tries, he just gets mad. He can do cool stuff, anyway, and invents new tricks a lot of the time. I don't know about him.

Tommy- older than him: Eh, he'd try if he had a bike or even wanted to, but he's more of a chopper bike guy.

My bro- older than me: Uh, he's "life to the extreme" so he'd definitely try, but is busy with other things and doesn't have a good bike (yet he can bunnyhop more than a foot on it and he learned how to in less than 5 minutes. I can barely do 5-6 inches on a good day [too hot to try now down here] and I've been riding for close to 7 months. Guess some people have a fast learning curve...) He has also been working on a new '77 Porsche 924 he got for 100 bucks (free, but he had to pay for towing labors and fuel. WHO LETS A PORSCHE SIT IN A FIELD FOR FIVE YEARS WANTING TO WORK ON IT THEN THROWING IT AWAY?! We got a bargain on a cool car.) He just got a new 924 and will be picking it up soon to drive then use the first one he got as a parts car, he supposes.

Jarred- We have an "I've seen you a couple times at the skatepark" aquaintance and he is older than me (15, I think) so I don't think he'd wanna do anything much because he already has someone to ride with: a Canadian dude. He's cool, too, and not it's not JJ, although I kind of wish it was, heh.) Jarred is EXTREMELY nice, and helps me out with stuff.

So... basically, I'm all alone in the world of biking (in this city).

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 10:13:58 PM »
Don't let them push you around, I guess.  The people that DO push you around, I mean.

Don't be afraid to say "shut up", and if that gets them ready to fight you, then remember that any long stick or pipe makes a good bo staff.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 10:56:19 PM »
Well, at least you leave the house to do stuff like that, I have to stay cooped up in the house all Summer until someone invites me over (Which is very rare).

I live in a neighborhood where you need to drive to someone's house, let alone use a bike. I have a bike, (Actually a real nice one, a '68 Stingray with a sissy bar, banana seat, etc.), but only 1 of my friends are in a biking distance.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 11:35:40 PM »
I tell them to shut up all the time and set them straight (rarely swearing. Sometimes you must lower to their level to even be considered that you might exist or they won't listen but I haven't actually swore just yet. They'll probably get me p'oed today.)

Take out the day Stingray and go. It's not one of those Schwinn's, is it... oh wait, you said '68? Uh, I'm confused.

Guess I'll go with Blake or Jordan to downtown today, hopefully................ (HIGHLY doubt it)

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2004, 06:32:31 PM »
I can't help but think of "BMX XXX".
200 characters and nothing to say.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2004, 06:59:32 PM »
Wait a minute... Did you say the new guy's name was JON?!? AUGH!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
Uh, a different, Jon, obviously.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 10:56:44 AM »
I can relate to this. People that try their hardest to make others feel inferior or upset anger me. I am, or at least TRY, be to nice most of the time to people, but they just torture me for their own amusement. This is probably a reason why I don't really talk to people anymore. I am now very easy to anger. I have to admit, one time I became so angry at my dad for teasing me I lost my temper and kicked him. That shows how violent I might get when people try to anger me.

Trainman, you shouldn't let others anger you and upset you like I did. People that torture you and try to anger you are not really your friends. That's why I stopped socializing with someone else who started bullying me for no reason.

Friends? Heh, these are my only friends- grown-up nerds like Gore Vidal; and even he''s kissed more boys than I ever will.

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 7/5/2004 10:00:09 AM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 02:41:48 PM »
Yeah, nowhere to ride, no one to ride with, and nowhere to go look because I have nothing but a street and it's too hot... YET AGAIN.

Yeah, that's just great. I wanna go to the skatepark, but everyone won't wanna go, it's too hot, I don't want to look like an idiot by myself (and there are stupid people there sometimes), and the fact that there is no motivation when I am alone. It just feels pointless to be trying nothing with no one around.

"Big doubles, no troubles!" ~Todd Lyons

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 05:50:30 PM »
Trainman, you need a girlfriend.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 08:16:54 PM »
I'll put a classified ad in the paper for a Traingirl, heh.

"Big doubles, no troubles!" ~Todd Lyons

Print