Poll

Please pick the car that you either drive or would like to own if you don't have that model.

Chevrolet Corvette
2 (10%)
Ford Mustang
1 (5%)
Dodge Stratus
1 (5%)
Volvo 850
1 (5%)
Honda Civic
3 (15%)
Porsche 911
1 (5%)
Jaguar X Type
1 (5%)
Ford Model "T"
1 (5%)
VW Beetle
2 (10%)
Minivan
0 (0%)
Pickup Truck
1 (5%)
SUV
2 (10%)
Mack Truck
0 (0%)
School Bus
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Print

Author Topic: Which of these cars would you drive?  (Read 13659 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« on: July 24, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »
I'm not sure how many of you folks have cars, but I noticed a severe lack of automobile threads on this board. I decided to create a poll to see what kind of cars you folks like. My favorite on here is the Volvo 850 since I have one. While they might not be Corvettes, they can be pretty powerful if you turbocharge the engine. And they're safe, as nobody has ever died in an 850. They also are good for hauling sailboats, a definite plus for me.

If you drive and your car is NOT on the list, just pick the one you'd most like to have.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 09:49:12 PM »
School Bus, for sure.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:02:47 PM »
I'm selling our 2000 Ford Mustang Convertable and still drive the Honda Civic Hybrid.  We're getting a Scion xA.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 10:23:36 PM »
I noticed a severe lack of automobile threads on this board.

That's probably due to the fact that the main focus of the board is video gaming/Nintendo/Super Mario, not cars. :P

As for driving, I only own a driving permit. I received a New York State Learner's Permit on May 2nd, 2005, and I haven't upgraded. Why? Well, let us take a look at my normal daily routine:

In Summer:
12:00-13:30 - Wake up
12:05-13:35 - Turn on the computer, change, make the bed
12:10-13:40 - Use teh internets for browsing, chatting, etc. OR watch a few episodes of a television show I downloaded the previous day
18:00 - Eat dinner the mother had just brought home/ordered over the phone (she does not/cannot cook)
18:10 - Resume looking at teh internets/play a video game
19:00 - Watch a little TV
19:30 - Resume looking at teh internets/play a video game
23:20 - Shower
23:45 - Once again, resume looking at teh internets
01:30 - 03:00 Go to bed

During the school year:
06:30 - Wake up, change
06:40 - Hop on the school bus (this'll probably be the only time I'll ever leave the house for a period of time)
06:50 - Start school (1st period LITERALLY starts before 07:00 in this district. New York really is a butt-backwards state, for pretty much everything)
13:50 - School ends for the day
14:00 - Open the front door to the house
14:05 - Turn on the computer, look at teh internets/play a video game
18:00 - Eat dinner the mother had just brought home/ordered over the phone
18:10 - Resume looking at teh internets/play a video game
19:00 - Watch a little TV
19:30 - Resume looking at teh internets/play a video game
23:20 - Shower
23:45 - Once again, resume looking at teh internets
01:30 - Go to bed

I hardly ever leave the house.

Though, last year, I seriously thought I'd have a driver's license and a car by Spring of 2006. That is not true today. I am unemployed, and have nowhere to go.

Unfortunately, the reason I cannot get employment is due to the fact that there is NOBODY AROUND to drive me to where I'd like to work. My father, mother, and brother work full-time jobs, and neither of my parents get home until 18:00. The Learner's Permit only allows me to drive with a parent in the car.

I cannot get a permanent Driver's License, because I have no money, because I'm unemployed, and cannot get employed because there's no one to drive me to work.

VICIOUS CYCLE GET!

(Yes, I'm rambling. I'll get back to your topic.)

As for your poll, I don't find ANY of those choices to be appealing, to be honest....The Honda Civic, I guess. But my dream car has always been a BMW 325i Sedan.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 12:21:37 AM »
Out of those, probably the Porsche 911, followed by the Chevrolet Corvette. Of course, my fave in general would be a Ferrari... I like Italian food and Italian cars. The Nissan 350Z also looks pretty nice (lack of a better word). =D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 01:38:34 AM »
I'm ashamed to admit I drive an SUV, a Subaru Forester.  I'd rather drive a Prius, or better yet a fully electric car, or better yet no car at all.

Vidgmchtr, do you have access to any sort of public transportation?

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 06:13:04 AM »
I went with the Jaguar X-Type, but only if it's like this one and not the granny-looking ones.  I actually haven't driven in a while, and I can't think of many cars that look so fun right now.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 01:16:32 PM »
You don't have permission to access /sale-fotos/jaguar-x-type-2.jpg on this server.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 03:06:05 PM »
After the perusal of your missive, I must retaliate to the limit of options to simply cars that are ravishing in beholding superficially.  I myself must admit that I place an uncanny emphasis on environmental qualities of cars, as well as miles per gallon.  I cannot even drive yet, so the idea of driving a car is rather inadvertently avoided by my person.  So long, old chap.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 05:48:54 PM »
Right now, I'm not too enthusiastic about driving. But if I had to pick one car from that list, I'd pick the mustang.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 06:59:22 PM »
Vidgmchtr, do you have access to any sort of public transportation?

I do not. I live in a very spread out suburb. Biking takes awhile (there's also the risk of being in a collision with a car, that happens quite frequently here, as the drivers are insane).

The only buses are school buses, and I take those to school (but I obviously cannot tolerate them anymore, due to the fact that the drivers always seem to put on the radio station that makes me want to hurt someone/something whenever I hear it).

Now, my father is going to be trading in his Jeep for a cheaper car, and made a promise to me that when the "financial slump" we're in ends, he's going to give me the car he's currently looking for, and buy another Jeep for himself. Whether he'll carry out this promise or not is unknown, as he's made many promises to us before that he could not keep, such as that week-long cruise to Bermuda that turned into a two-day one-night vacation to New Jersey.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 06:35:06 AM »
Vid, if you cut out all of the time on "teh intarnets." And you woke up before 12:00-12:30, you'd have pleanty of time.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 08:01:48 AM »
Hey, everyone has their limits.  Also, I do have permission to access /sale-fotos/jaguar-x-type-2.jpg on that server and hereby acuse Luigison of libel.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 10:58:26 AM »
Vid, if you cut out all of the time on "teh intarnets." And you woke up before 12:00-12:30, you'd have pleanty of time.

To do what?

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 12:41:28 PM »
Where's PT Cruiser? :(

Print