Print

Author Topic: Concerts  (Read 10952 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »
That's awesome. I'd love to see Justice live.

Tonight I'm going to see Tinted Windows again. I saw them play last night (they played a small private free show last night, and since my mom has known the mother of the Hanson brothers since they were in Girl Scouts together, we were invited) and it was a really great show. I'm sure tonight will be also.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 07:44:18 PM »
My brother took me to Alice Cooper back in October and it was the craziest most unreal show.  I expected it to be good but it passed my expectations and was way too awesome.  Just some of the actions, the music, and the performances were unbelievable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 04:16:36 PM »
I haven't been to a concert in a long time.  I think the last big one was Poison and David Lee Roth.  I'm not counting all the school concerts. 

I'd like to play guitar with this guy:  http://www.dailymotion.com/vids/11596752+461615+198558+10424161+1856869/video/x67fc1_andy-mckee-amazing-guitar-skills_music
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 05:43:38 PM »
I meant to mention this before, but I just realized this is the perfect place to finally bring it up: Last Friday, as a member of the National Honor Society in school, I helped with a school concert. Technically, I was running concessions, but I really just sat and sold drinks as unintelligible townie bands blared in the classitorum behind me from 5 to 9. However, two positive things happened: The Pokemon theme song and Pokerap were played between sets, and I truly realized how many weirdos go to my school (or at least are supposed to). Also, I drank pop and had some chocolate.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 09:15:46 PM »
If school concerts and local bands count, then I've seen countless and been a part of countless. As for professional concerts, I've seen Lynyrd Skynyrd and Billy Joel, although I hope to see more concerts soon. It's just the fact that no musicians ever want to tour around Delaware.

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 07:44:05 PM »
Moody Blues? Yes? Rush? Steppenwolf? Kansas? Loverboy? Dylan? GFR? Lawdy, Rao is one lucky goose. The only professional concert I've ever attended was Bob Dylan, although we've also been considering seeing Gordon Lightfoot when he comes around in a month's time.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 08:19:08 PM »
What a coincidence that this thread was resurrected on the same day I got tickets to the Widespread Panic show at the BOK Center in May.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »
So one of my friends saw Jay-Z live a few weeks ago, right? And he tells me, "Did you know the voices in 'On To The Next One' are a sample of the vocals from 'D.A.N.C.E.' by Justice?" And I go "Whaaat!!". And then I compared them and HE'S RIGHT. "On to the next one, on to the next one" is actually "Under the spotlight, under the spotlight" with "light" snipped out.

When you see Jay-Z live, you will [dukar] bricks.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
Back in September I saw U2 live. They were pretty weak. In fact, their opening act (Muse) was almost certainly better.

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 12:59:40 AM »
I've been to an Nsync concert, Weird Al, Audio Adrenaline, Seven Places, Kutless, Tait, Decemberadio, and Eleventy-Seven. Out of those, I did not like the Eleventy-Seven concert. The guy running the soundboard did a horrible job. It was like being in a death metal concert. Couldn't hear any vocals, just distortion and more distortion. It sounded like a bad transmission. I still listen to that band, but will never see then live again. I am going to a Downhere concert in about two weeks and can't wait.
"Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul Come to us, Lazarus It's time for you to go"

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »
There have been rumours of Simon & Garfunkel coming to town in the somewhat-distant future, so I'm hoping to snag a couple of tickets to see them.

With my mom.

As always.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
Man, I just remembered that time I barely missed that Megadeth concert at Freedom Hall!
Not to mention when I was too sick to go to that Motley Crue one...
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 11:39:10 PM »

Not a real good shot, but this is from the Anamanaguchi concert I just got back from.

The monitors went out and the guitarists couldn't hear themselves, so they went down on the floor in the midst of the mosh. Soon, a bunch of us, including me and my girlfriend, filled the big empty space on the stage. By the end, it was just me and her dancing (everyone else left when they couldn't handle the speakers back there anymore; we either knew we could stick it out until our ears didn't care or just didn't notice anything beside each other) and staring straight into each other's eyes behind the drummer, with everyone watching. When the concert's finally over, the drummer, Luke, hugs us because he liked our dancing so much. He was shirtless and moist. My Zelda Four Swords Adventure shirt has famous sweat on it now. He has the Triforce tattooed on his left bicep. She gets her DS signed by all the band members and says she's writing Nintendo Power about the whole thing. I walk her back to her dorm and kiss her hand. I jauntily skip all the way back to my dorm.

The music was pretty cool too, I guess.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 11:44:06 PM »
Holy.

CrossEyed7 is LIVIN' THE DREAM.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »
Seconded.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print