Print

Author Topic: What [ticks] me off is...  (Read 80364 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2008, 02:28:51 AM »
Man, the problem is, nowadays Super Mario Kart is Your Father's Mario Kart.

I wonder if my SNES would survive me becoming a father, whenever I'd get married.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »
Man, the problem is, nowadays Super Mario Kart is Your Father's Mario Kart.
Yeah, what did he even mean when he said that? Aren't they supposed to be trying to reach everybody?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2008, 02:57:45 PM »
I wonder if my SNES would survive me becoming a father, whenever I'd get married.

I'm torn between selling my PS2 and getting something way better (read: a 360), but then I won't be able to show my stinky, ungrateful poopmachines what video games were like back in my day. I mean, I will, but it'd be...less...old. On second thought, never mind.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »
How the heck is a 360 way better than a PS2? 360 has cool downloadable games and that's about it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2008, 06:54:16 PM »
360 has HD and widescreen for every single game. 360 has online integration and Achievements. 360 has wireless and better controllers.

PS2 still has more good games in absolute terms at the moment, but that won't last.

Summary: The 360 as a system kicks the ever-lovin' snot out of the PS2 as a system, in every conceivable way.

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2008, 06:57:46 PM »
Arr, it do the same to the PS3 in me own opinion.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »
Well, see, even if I did sell my PS2, I'd get - what? Thirty, forty bucks tops? I could get that by working at Burger King for a few days or shoveling a few people's driveways. On the other hand, once you factor in the fact that the 360 basically looks like a really good PS2 game unless you've got an HD, and that each game costs sixty bucks, well, then there's my problem. It's better to have ten cheap good games than one expensive good game.

Of course, if there were some way I could get a PS3 to play Halo, PGR and VC games, then I'd be set for life.
every

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2008, 10:47:19 PM »
the 360 basically looks like a really good PS2 game
What kind of crazy PS2 game are you playing? 360 HD graphics kick the pants off even a "really good" PS2 game.

each game costs sixty bucks
1) No. You can get some as cheap as $20 (new!)
2) So what? It's only 10 more than a new PS2 game. That's only two more hours at BK or one more driveway. You can wait that long right?
3) Don't throw me the But-the-20-dollar-games-suck! deal. So do most of the <20 dollar PS2 games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2008, 11:36:44 PM »
360 basically looks like a really good PS2 game unless you've got an HD
That is, most people aren't insane and don't have HDTVs.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2008, 12:29:10 AM »
What kind of crazy PS2 game are you playing? 360 HD graphics kick the pants off even a "really good" PS2 game.
1) No. You can get some as cheap as $20 (new!)
2) So what? It's only 10 more than a new PS2 game. That's only two more hours at BK or one more driveway. You can wait that long right?
3) Don't throw me the But-the-20-dollar-games-suck! deal. So do most of the <20 dollar PS2 games.
So explain why MGS2, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Final Fantasy X, FF X-2, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas are only $20.

Personally I want a 360, but I'll probably never get one, or I won't get one very soon. There seems to be a good future of games for it. 

« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2008, 12:43:20 AM »
So explain why MGS2, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Final Fantasy X, FF X-2, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo, GTA 3, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas are only $20.
Um, is it because they're old?
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2008, 01:10:08 AM »
360 looks like a system to get well into its lifespan once it has a nice selection of a few great games, much like PS2. 'Course, that looks like it might happen with PS3 also. Who knows?
That was a joke.

« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2008, 01:27:19 AM »
Well, see, even if I did sell my PS2, I'd get - what? Thirty, forty bucks tops?

You should count yourself lucky with getting that much; I went into my local EB and was told my GameCube was worth 7 Australian dollars.

Which is slightly over 6 American dollars.

I kid you not. I've eaten dinners more expensive than what I could get for my 'Cube. The sad thing is, EB effectively monopolizes the video game market in Australia (other stores sell games but focus more on other stuff such as clothing, food, etc.) and can rip people off to no extent due to their so-called good deals. I saw one where you could trade in a Wii and a few games to get a 360 for about $AU200 or something ludicrous like that. Even their own employees advised me to sell my 'Cube privately.

So yeah, that's my rant for the day. :]
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2008, 01:51:32 AM »
GameCubes don't sell for as much as PS2s. Where I work, I think we do about $15 on GameCubes and accounting for the recent price drop probably about $25 on PS2s. It might actually be less now.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2008, 08:10:24 AM »
Okay, well, since we're all on a mini-console wars rant, I'll chip in.

For me, as I'm sure you know, I'm not too keen about the DS and Wii. However, the PS3 is $500+ for games that are mostly on the 360. As for the 360, that's slightly less expensive, but the best games there are on Windows, too. Seriously, why the heck should I buy any of those? Online play? Comps have that. Bioshock/The Orange Box/The Halo series, you say? Hmm, what's this in box with "PC" in the corner? It's like there's a natural selection trickle-down kind of thing going on here, where most of the AAA titles are also on sale at Staples. Yeah, I know there's some advantages to using a controller--and, heck, I've never even earnestly played any computer game beyond the complexity of RollerCoaster Tycoon--but that just doesn't seem worth the extra 300-something bucks.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print