Print

Author Topic: I'm old... enough to enjoy this music.  (Read 3585 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: June 22, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/20-songs-you-cant-believe-are-20-years-old-20130621

Double that and you have my approximate age.  (I could relate somehow to every song on the list.)  On one hand, this is a triumph.. I've doubled my age since those musical numbers.  On the other hand, I'm posting on a (kiddie?) gaming site where most members are half my age. 

In other news, I just bought the new Black Sabbath Ozzy album.  (Does my use of the term album show my age?) 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:57:30 PM »
Huh. I recognize a few of the songs on that list. Not all of them, but a few. Mostly the ones that you can still find on alt-rock radio.

A lot of what I listen to is actually older than that, though. It all kinda falls into the "came out before I was born" category, though. But it's also interesting to think of albums that the 70s and 80s bands that I listen to have released since I was born. I tend to think of those as "modern" albums, but... well, for instance, Rush's Test For Echo may have come out in 1996, but holy crap that was 17 years ago. That album is old enough to see an R-rated movie. That's weird.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 11:40:46 PM »
The Edge (Dallas' alternative rock station) frequently plays Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Pearl Jam material. They've been playing the absolute crap out of Smells Like Teen Spirit lately (which is a little older than 20 years), but I tuned in the other day and was pleasantly surprised to hear All Apologies.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »
I actually think the word 'album' is coming back into style, due to MP3 albums not really having another word to describe them. An individual MP3 is a song, but what do you call a specific collection of MP3's?

And besides that...

"The golden age of Rock 'n Roll
Can never die,
So long as you still feel the need
to laugh and cry,"

Golden Age of Rock N' Roll,
Mott the Hoople
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Print