Print

Author Topic: What non Mario series do you play?  (Read 8013 times)

« on: February 22, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
What series that aren't Mario related do you play?

I play Pac-Man, Kirby, Smash Bros., Katamari, and Fire Emblem.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »
Guitar Hero
Left 4 Dead
Half-Life
Doom
Resident Evil
Rock Band
House of the Dead
Dead Rising
A wee bit of Halo
Katamari
SWAT
Smash Bros.
Zelda
Tetris
Exit
Zork
Astro Empires
Sinistar
Bioshock (a little)
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »
Too many to list.

(Smash Bros. doesn't count because all games in the series include Mario. Whether Tetris, and to a lesser extent Zelda, should count is debatable.)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »
Tetris should definitely count, since it was started without any Mario influence whatsoever before Nintendo co-opted it.
every

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 05:20:59 PM »
Fire Emblem
Katamari
Zelda
Tetris
Phoenix Wright
Sonic (not very much)
Kirby
Animal Crossing
Metroid
Mega Man
Final Fantasy
F-Zero
EDIT: I forgot Star Fox
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:23:36 PM by Rao »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 06:22:03 PM »
I'm assuming there has to be more than two games with a relation to each other for it to be considered a series and I'm only listing things that I'm currently playing or own.

Katamari Damacy series
Gears of War series
Fallout series

Sqrt2

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 03:10:47 AM »
Legend of Zelda, Ace Attorney, Fire Emblem, Star Fox, F-Zero, Metroid, Pikmin, TimeSplitters, Pokemon, Tomb Raider, Smash Bros., Kirby and Resident Evil.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:54:26 AM »
Metal Gear Solid, Kirby, Legend of Zelda, Madden/NCAA, Halo, Mega Man, Smackdown vs. Raw, Naruto, Star Fox, Wario Ware (if that counts). Among others.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 04:41:57 PM »
Besides the Mario series, the series I play most are:

The Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Sonic
Pokemon
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 04:54:53 PM »
Besides Mario, I'm interested in Sonic, Kirby, and Pikmin. That's about it, really. Mario is my top, closely followed by Sonic, and Kirby's somewhat below. I really just got into Pikmin because my brother loved it and was always after me to play it, so we had a deal involving him working on a project in exchange for me playing Pikmin and Pikmin 2. Great and fun series, especially the second one, but there's not really enough games to consider it a "series", so to speak. Yet, anyway.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »
-Zelda (not as big a fan of it as Mario though..)

-Kirby (been playing a lot of Kirby 64 recently, wish I had the Wii Pts to get Kirby's Dreamland 3)

-Metroid (my wife loves to watch me play Super Metroid, though the series freaked me out when I was younger. I had to sell all of my Metroid games to get over the nightmares..)

-Tetris (really, I only bought Tetris DS because of the Mario influence, but I do love me some Tetris)

-Pacman (I have Namco Museum on the GBA, I think, but I remember when Pacman was in the arcades and when it was the first NES game we owned [with SMB of course] On a similar note: does anyone have a copy of Pacman World Rally for the Gamecube they are willing to part with?..)

- Dig Dug (I love Dig Dug DS, but I also remember when Dig Dug was first an arcade game..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »
Too many to list!

Series like the Wario Ware, Game & Watch Gallery/Gameboy Gallery and the Smash Bros. series do not count along with games with cameos from any game.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
Bomberman. Nobody's mentioned that yet.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 10:16:50 PM »
This is a hard concept to grasp since I have a lot of games that are part of a franchise or series but haven't played other ones, so do those count? Anyway,
Chrono
Xeno
Final Fantasy
Mega Man
Castlevania
Ys
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus
Star Ocean
Gradius
Zelda
Sonic
Mana
Nights
Valkyrie Profile
Soul Blazer "series"

I used to play a lot of Star Fox, but haven't in the past few years. I own Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, but haven't finished 2. I like tons of games that aren't part of any series, or are part of spiritual succession...
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »
of the top of my head...

Metal Slug
Kirby
Mega Man
Castlevania
Sam & Max
Zelda
Sonic (haven't played the 3D ones though)

Yeah, mostly into platformers.

Print