Print

Author Topic: Earthbound/Mother topic  (Read 7805 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »
199X could mean 19910, but that seems rather doubtful.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:00:09 AM »
I want to play EarthBound for the SNES so bad. I completed EB Zero a few months ago, and now I'm really tempted to play its sequel.
Professional Paisano here

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 10:30:54 PM »
Edited for current irrelevance.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 04:12:27 PM »
I want to play EarthBound for the SNES so bad. I completed EB Zero a few months ago, and now I'm really tempted to play its sequel.

You played Mother huh? I want to play that game just like you want to play Earthbound. :)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 02:54:19 PM »
Going on the Dojo Brawl website today, pure happiness ganged up on me! The idea Pokey may appear in Brawl get's closer!!!

Check today's Second update, after the Metroid one. Yayz!

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 03:42:37 PM »
Yes! Pokey and the King Statue is in Brawl!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy4IRfGXDLs

The above are Brawl spoilers!

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 12:47:24 AM »
So does NoA hate Mother or something? I mean the japanese dojo shows a demo for Earthbound, which we already have a translation for over here, yet it's completely absent in the english update.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 12:57:57 AM »
I believe they do, because of the misfortune the series has experienced here--Mother was too late for the NES, so it wouldn't sell. EarthBound was released when it was all about tightening up the graphics, and the style didn't go over well. I think Brawl's Masterpieces almost seals releases for at least EarthBound and possibly a localized Mother 3. If not, then we'll just have to not pay for the ROM when the fan translation is done.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 01:44:41 AM »
Just checked, Wiggles is right, EarthBound pic is not there on the American site, but it's there (along with a few other things) on the Japan site. I find that disturbing.

I think Brawl's Masterpieces almost seals releases for at least EarthBound and possibly a localized Mother 3.
I don't know. Looking at the screenshot, it looks like it's just Onett at night at the beginning of the game. With a short time limit, you won't be able to do anything but fight a Stray Dog and Spiteful Crow. If it's really at the beginning, where Pokey and the cops are blocking the way, then we don't even get any battles.

But then again, if every masterpiece will be available in full form on the Virtual Console, then... eh, mm... yeah, probably seal releases for those. NoA can't conveniently forget the masterpieces for Ness and Lucas. Unless they do that stupid thing where certain games are available in Japan only, yet the fact they're on the Virtual Console service at all shows they're too lazy to put up the U.S. version at the same time... although in EB's case, it's possible that they don't have a spare U.S. ROM or cartridge of it lying around.

Darn Nintendo of America, stop pretending EarthBound doesn't exist! Maybe we should send a flood of Mr. Saturn fanarts on envelopes to Nintendo.
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 07:58:04 AM »
I still say I want localized Mother 3 as part of a collection for the DS with Mother and Earthbound.

Print