Poll

What control scheme is your favorite way to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Wii Remote
1 (4%)
Wii Remote with Nunchuck
3 (12%)
Classic Controller
4 (16%)
Gamecube Controller
17 (68%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Brawl Control Scheme  (Read 6554 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »
Cube, hands down. I haven't tried anything else and I don't need to (however, there have been a lot of moments in the game where I start thinking, "hey, this would work pretty cool with the Wii Remote pointer...").
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 08:04:18 PM »
I only use the GCN controller with the following scheme mods:

Up to jump turned off
L changed to jump (Y/X still jump too) -- This is useful in situations where you're charging a move with B but need to jump (Dedede's hammer, etc.)
That's a good scheme.  I think I'll change Z to Y.  The Z button is difficult to press while brawling and I hate getting stuck with an item I don't want or when I want a different item. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 08:21:18 PM »
I like the Gamecube scheme. I haven't really tried the others, but I don't think I will.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »
Really guys the nunchuk DOES feel good, I don't get why everyone is so turned off by it and any other scheme for the GCN controller. It's nice yes but with the Wiimote and nunchuk I could sit down with my hands apart, which feels even more natural to me than having them close together.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »
Either the Gamecube scheme or the Wii Remote scheme. The GC scheme was very familiar to me and I adapted well. The Wii Remote without the Nunchuk works for me because it's incredibly simple to control. The Wii Remote with the Nunchuk is okay though; it's just not my preference.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 10:15:56 PM »
I cannot imagine not using the GameCube's controller. Let's piece this apart...
Remote: There is no way a D-Pad could offer the precision I need, there's no C-stick (I use the C-stick FAR more often than the A button), no equivalent for X to jump, I am used to using R to shield, etc.
Remote + Nunchuk: No. I'd use B for shielding, A for A-attacks, and already I have nowhere to go for special attacks and no potential jump button.
Classic Controller: Hmaah. I don't have one, but isn't the D-Pad where the control stick should be?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 12:04:10 AM »
When I got Brawl I started out with the GameCube controller in order to adjust to the game's new physics. After a while I decided to try out the Wii Remote on its side. At first it felt clunky, but then I got used to it and found that the control scheme felt easier than GameCube. I've been using it as my main controller since. BTW, when I had a friend of mine play, he found the Classic Controller easiest to use as the last time he'd ever played Smash was when he played his Nintendo 64 (he primarily plays PC games), so he felt at home with it.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 07:03:19 AM »
GCN all the way.  Otherwise, I would have been learning the new controls for weeks and not unlocking characters/stages/music.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print