I think it's a good idea
6 (42.9%)
I don't like it
7 (50%)
I don't observe it
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Print

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time  (Read 5919 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:46:49 AM »
Since we just sprung forward an hour, I wanted to know how everybody feels about it. Personally, I don't like it.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 12:44:47 PM »
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »
I said "I don't like it", but that's only partially true. While it's definitely good to use an hour less of electricity every day, the system of time is invented by people, so why don't we just permanently change it so it's always "one hour forward"? Heck, why not two or three? Besides, what with the green movement, I think people are already doing way more to save energy than DST ever can.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »
It doesn't save any electricy or time or anything. It's our way of compensating for the fact that it's nearly impossible to fit a rigid structure over the rising and setting of the sun. Same reason we have leap years.

How exactly would the world respond if every single watch, clock, time display and sundial suddenly disappeared?
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »
I don't like it, but that's just because I lose an hour of sleep.  It's still a good idea.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »
How exactly would the world respond if every single watch, clock, time display and sundial suddenly disappeared?

It depends on the method of disappearance. If it were just a perfectly natural fact that my clock disappeared, I would be fine with it, but if aliens or time travel were involved, it wouldn't go over so well.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »
I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love it. 

I'd like to have it all the time and do away with regular time.  Or at least pick a happy medium and stick to it.  I hate time changes no matter which way they are going. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »
Daylight saving time is stupid because it doesn't save any energy at all. It's also stupid because it makes the night too bright. Darkness is fine!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:33:03 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 05:50:15 PM »
I usually deal with it. I dont' hate it or like it. I am nuetral on this. But it does make it feel like there is more time in the day to do stuff.

I have the perfect song for daylight savings time.

It's Late-Queen

You say you love me
And I hardly know your name
And if I say I love you in the candlelight
There's no one but myself to blame
But there's something inside
That's turning my mind away
Oh how I could love you
If I could let you stay

It's later - but I'm bleeding deep inside
It's later - is it just my sickly pride?
Too later - even now the feeling seems to steal away
So later - though I'm crying I can't help but hear you say
It's later it's later it's later
But not too late
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 05:58:40 PM »
I hate it and I don't see much use for it; furthermore, it sucks.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »
HATE IT. HATE.

>:C
No! I don't want that!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
........You know what? I like daylight savings time. A lot. You heard me. I said I like it. A lot. As in, I like daylight savings time a lot.

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 07:57:56 PM »
Don't worry, we still love you despite your shortcomings.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »
I just hate the changes. I enjoy having evenings last longer, though. Really, I'm with Luigison on this one.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »
aliens or time travel were involved
Ahh, that was one of my ideas for a book! Well, kind of, but still, don't take it!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print