Print

Author Topic: Chinese traffic jam enters 11th day  (Read 2936 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:05:52 PM »
Expected to last through mid-September

Drivers stranded in the gridlock in the Inner Mongolia region and Hebei province, headed toward Beijing, passed the time sleeping, walking around, or playing cards and chess. Local villagers were doing brisk business selling instant noodles, boxed lunches and snacks, weaving between the parked trucks on bicycles.

Though there were no reports of road rage violence, drivers complained about price-gouging by villagers who were their only source of food and water. A bottle of water that normally costs 1 yuan (15 cents) was selling for 10 yuan ($1.50), while the price of a 3 yuan- (45 cent-) cup of instant noodles had more than tripled, media reports said.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »
Well, at least they broke the world record.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:44:11 PM »
How do you suppose they cook the noodles? On their radiators?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »
I know China's population is so high, it makes Soylent Green look like I Am Legend, but how has this been allowed to happen? And how hasn't it happened before?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »
Discussion question:

Where are they all pooping?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »
In their trunks?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:58:13 PM »
In China, all vehicles come equipped with full bathrooms for just such emergencies.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »
Their diets are probably so insubstantial, it's a moot point.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »
Apparently, traffic congestion has been a problem in China's cities for a while now. It seems that the traffic is now expanding from urban centres to highways.

Xiamen, China, 2007

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 03:57:48 PM »
"Gaia, the Spirit of the Earth.."
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print