Print

Author Topic: No Smash Bros. 4?  (Read 8947 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« on: March 05, 2008, 08:20:47 PM »
When I was reading the "Iwata Asks" on Wii.com and on Volume 4, is this a way of telling us that there won't be a SSB 4?

It said the following:

What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:26:34 PM »
Sakurai is always making the Last Smash Bros. Title. For the next one, he'll add even more stuff that will make us go "how will he ever top this?" much like Brawl has done. That said, he might think this is the last one right now.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:36:21 PM »
Chupperson nailed it. They're always acting as if they're making the last Smash Bros. to make it as impressive as possible.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
By next time there will be new Nintendo characters to add, new third-party characters' owners' approval/requests, they'll tighten up the graphics, make up more techniques, kick some more veterans, fix some dumb glitches, and make new ones. Smash is never done.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »
Sakurai is always making the Last Smash Bros. Title. For the next one, he'll add even more stuff that will make us go "how will he ever top this?" much like Brawl has done. That said, he might think this is the last one right now.
I guess well find out in many more years...
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
By next time there will be new Nintendo characters to add, new third-party characters' owners' approval/requests, they'll tighten up the graphics, make up more techniques, kick some more veterans, fix some dumb glitches, and make new ones. Smash is never done.

isn't it exiting?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 10:32:28 PM »
On the contrary, it's entering. In three days.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 11:47:43 PM »
Considering how they keep on succeeding on outdoing the previous games (they keep redefining "crazy" in my book), I'm confident that Brawl will look like nothing next to Smash Bros 4. Maybe Smash Bros... War. Or Clash. Or Tussle. Super Smash Bros. Tussle.

I have to wonder if anyone's getting tired of hearing Mute City remixes, though. There have been some great remixes, but for some reason the SNES version is still the best.
You didn't say wot wot.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
It's the last SSB title that Sakurai is working on.
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 01:10:57 AM »
He wasn't even going to work on this one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 05:30:38 PM »
We might as well accept it as the last one, because any game that doesn't have its creator involved almost always turns out bad.  (besides, it'd be nearly impossible to top Brawl, besides adding more characters to the mix)
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 09:17:05 PM »
^ I think people said the same thing about Melee sometimes... Heck, online aside, if you asked me how they could improve the series five years ago, I'd have been stumped.

On the contrary, it's entering. In three days.
LOL
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 12:00:58 AM »
If asked on how they could improve Smash Bros., I'd again say the same thing, throw in more fighters. But in retrospect, for as awesome as the presentation is in Melee and Brawl, sometimes I long for the simple days of Super Smash Bros. Light-hearted intro, subtle menu music, actually seeing 3D models when selecting fighters (which I really miss from the later Smashes. There's always something about that little flourish a character does when being selected. Must be why I enjoyed playing as Yoshi early on because of that spin he does). The announcer might have been better too. The characters were laughable though - Donkey Kong didn't really look like himself.

But back to presentation, I remember seeing the intro for Smash Bros. Melee and thinking "wait... this is the ACTUAL intro to the game? Are you kidding? It's too awesome, why would Nintendo do this?" So I was happy to see that it was the actual intro, telling me that I could expect more fancy FMVs in the future.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 10:48:08 AM »
We might as well accept it as the last one, because any game that doesn't have its creator involved almost always turns out bad.  (besides, it'd be nearly impossible to top Brawl, besides adding more characters to the mix)

What about Metroid? Gunpei Yokoi wasn't involved, but Retro made a fine continuation of the series.

On the topic of Brawl, I do believe there are a couple more things they could add, like more players for Multiplayer. Don't forget online chat. Maybe we could even take the fight into the third Dimension, as opposed to the 2.5th dimension being used now.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 03:27:09 PM »
No, I think Smash should stay in 2.5D. Having the characters move in a 3-D environment would be a weird change. It would also be hard to adjust the "ring-out" gameplay, probably making the game terrible.

Anyway.... I don't think this will be the last Smash, there is always more money for Nintendo to make.
I really don't care much for logic.

Print