Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG: Shadow Star Quest  (Read 3951 times)

« on: April 20, 2005, 03:07:43 AM »
Just in case you're interested, I'm making a fangame called Super Mario RPG: Shadow Star Quest. It features many of your favourites, such as the Mario Bros, but bringing in new characters as well. It is an RPG, which is being built with RM2k (RPG Maker 2000). Is anybody interested in helping out with this game?

Here's the story:

Mario has returned from a struggle to keep an ape out of a toy factory (MvsDK). However, upon returning, he finds Geno (back in his doll form), who tells him that something is going on at Peach's Castle, and even the Star Spirits were affected by this force. However, upon going inside his houe, he finds a Koopa Shell. This force was none other than the Koopas!

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 06:15:26 PM »
Fascinating. I don't know how I would help, but I'm afraid I'm going to be like the cat in The Little Red Hen.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 08:19:10 PM »
Now Luigison, I like you...so don't judge me for saying this:

That story is terrible

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 08:52:45 PM »
Toddathon: I don't think Luigison will judge you for that at all.  Most likely because he hasn't even posted in this topic to date.  Keep your negative comments to yourself unless you have some sort of reason for saying so or perhaps a way to improve the story.

Luigi Simpson: Now, regarding RM2K, I don't know how much you'll be able to do regarding sprites, etc. because it'll most likely take up a lot of time to make all of them and really create a Mario-esque game.  I can't really give too much input here since I'm not exactly a pro at making storylines, but good luck on your game!

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Edited by - Nameneko on 4/20/2005 7:54:16 PM
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 08:59:04 PM »
*does not judge Toddathon
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 12:42:54 AM »
Toddathon- Were you talking about me, or Luigison? If it was me, then that was the non-spoiler storyline. Does anyone want to hear that? Ah, doesn't matter. I'll tell you anyway. It's a TMK exclsive!!

Anyway, after finding that Koopa Shell, Mario proceeds to find Toad upstairs (The door was wide open.). Toad tells him that it is Bowser (duh) who has caused all of this. However, Bowser has help from another force! Mario decides to set out for Peach's Castle, with Toad following him However, there is a mysterious tent, blocking their way. It warps them to Warp Pipe Sewers, the place where all of the Mushroom Kingdom's swerage goes. However, when they come out, they find Peach's Castle. They also find Luigi, Wario and Yoshi!! But, after leaving towards the Castle of Koopa- without Wario and Toad, they find another base of Bowser's- right near Mario's house! They enter, and find Bowser and Peach. Then, you begin a major boss battle, against an easy version of Bowser. If you beat him, he'll go down a Warp Pipe, and you've got to get out of his base before the Base explodes! Then, you run into a team of Magikoopas. You are about to begin a battle, but Luigi holds them off. And, as you get away from the base with Yoshi, you realise the Princess has been left behind. Yoshi goes back for her. However, with only a few seconds left until the timer goes off, Peach comes out- but without Yoshi. The Castle explodes, with them inside.

Nameneko: I've downloaded a sprite making program for RM2k. It's called Charas.EX.

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.

Edited by - Luigi Simpson on 4/20/2005 11:46:22 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »
So, what? Do you die?
I'll try out your game, sure! I like RPGs. I would make one for my own enjoyment if I could, with stick people, but where do you get RPG maker? That'd be cool...

Birds: My Anti-Drug.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 05:35:05 PM »
Go to yahoo or google and look it up.
I'll help I can make sprits as long as I have pics.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 12:41:28 AM »
Bird Person: No, Luigi and Yoshi die. I'd tell you a spoiler, but it'd be so big, it would ruin the game. Also, I'll send you a short demo, around 3 minutes of gameplay. It pretty much ends as soon as you meet Rodney in the Warp Pipe Sewers.
KBC: I've got heaps of sprites already, but thanks. Also, can anyone design a decent RPG Maker Birdo and/or all eight Koopa Kids (Yes, I count BowJr)? I'm fine with Facesets for the moment.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 04:32:29 AM »
I would like to still and test the game. =)=D

Edited by - Kirby (cheat wizard) on 9/21/2005 11:58:17 PM
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 08:33:17 AM »
thank you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 09:52:21 PM »
Hey... I wanted to download RPG maker, but It's not working. How'd you get it?

My friend John: Wow! I can see my own breath! It''s already that time of year?
Me: No. Your breath just smells. Really bad.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 11:28:58 PM »
You can download it off rmdownloads.com, but I've scrapped SSQ. I'm working on various different games- one of them being a Mario one, but it's in very early stages. I'm posting from a computer in Phuket at the moment (I'm on holiday), so I'm going to tryh aqnd work on it when I get back.

I''ve noticed something amongst some people''s signatures- they''re not always perfektt.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 04:20:46 PM »
This sounds like something you just made just to create a post for the [heck] of it? Not a bad idea but it doesn't seem like you gave much thought to it, and just wanted to get a positive reaction from the gaming crowd.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 06:57:45 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 08:23:21 PM »
I didn't make this game for the [heck] of it, but I lost interest because of school and the fact that RM2k didn't support what I wanted to do.

I'm sick of people bumping this topic. So...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 06:58:03 PM by Sapphira »

Print