Print

Author Topic: Custom Title?  (Read 67521 times)

« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2006, 09:26:22 PM »
Come on, Aarom doesn't deserve this abuse. :-\ He made a mistake while not knowing that it was a mistake. He's usually a good member. ^_^

Oh dear... Now I know exactly why I got my CT. >_>

Jman

• Score
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2006, 09:27:17 PM »
Yeah, if it's based on something that happened once, how are you supposed to make it so "it is removed once the person changes his actions on which the custom title is based"?

Yeah, how am I supposed to change any action based on my weird CT?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2006, 09:32:34 PM »
You can't really 'fix' your CT Jman; it isn't bad. ...I think. I STILL don't get it though. What does it mean?? I can do without the blonde jokes, thank you.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2006, 09:36:23 PM »
It either means I'm nothing, or I'm cold, with a heart of stone.  The other possibility is the whole "I don't want a negative CT" reference that I made in a previous post.  Let's see if I can get it up here.  Nope.  Oh well, I think I have it figured out, Khold.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2006, 09:39:40 PM »
If you don't get it, I have pitty on you.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2006, 09:41:53 PM »
What do you mean by this? You're definitely not "cold hearted". I don't know WHERE that came from. I always thought you were one of the best members on here. ^_^

I think you're just confusing yourself. Eh, you're confusing me. What do you have figured out? You're speaking gibberish in text. And of course no body wants a negative CT. You're not making sense...

If you don't get it, I have pitty on you.

If you're going to post an illogical statement without an answer, why don't you tell me what it means rather than taunt me?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:46:23 PM by Khold »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2006, 09:42:53 PM »
It's just a Custom Title. I don't see how it's hurting anything.

Though I don't know the circumstances of Aarom's Private Messaging Fiasco (APMF), I find it hard to believe that someone would think sending enough Private Messages to be deemed "spamming" as anything but a mistake. It's called common sense, and if people aren't going to use it then they're forfeiting their rights to complain about the repercussions. Though, in this case, the repercussions are something hardly worth complaining about.

Besides, it seems as though it's serving its purpose. If people know they're going to be exposed in public, through some means they can't remove (In this case a custom title), then they're certainly going to think twice before acting.

Whether or not he's had the title long enough isn't my decision, his, or yours. Though I'm sure he's appreciative of your concern for him, it's not our job, as members, to tell the Mods/Admins how they should run the board or any of their policies. They'll remove it when they deem fit, and that response should be good enough for anyone.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2006, 09:43:52 PM »
Forgive me.  I've had a rough weekend.  But yeah, it has to have something to do with my "negative CT" line.  Or it could just mean zero, so my CT is neither positive nor negative.

« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2006, 10:05:28 PM »
...Once again, you're not making much sense, Jman. Why would they have it be in fahrenheit and Celsius when announcing that your custom title is neither positive nor negative? I never of you to have a bad CT.

Why was your weekend harsh? Is something wrong? If it is none of my business, that's okay.

« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2006, 10:06:33 PM »
I'm curious as to the origins of Jman's CT as well. I mean... -17.7777777777778 degrees Celsius seems rather weird.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2006, 10:10:25 PM »
edited
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 04:41:47 PM by Jman »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2006, 10:26:49 PM »
I still think that the confusion, whining by existing members about having (or not having) titles, and potential decline in the desire for new members to want to join vastly outweighs any deterrent or supposed "humor" that a negative or ambiguous CT can present. And I still think that CTs, the way they are being used, detract from the quality of the forums.

Whatever. Who am I to be making these assessments?
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2006, 10:57:50 PM »
Khold is wrong.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2006, 11:04:31 PM »
I can do without the blonde jokes, thank you.
I thought you were a brunette...
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2006, 11:17:51 PM »
Most people are overthinking this whole custom title thing. I fully agree with Black Mage, in the sense that it's a way for the mods and admins to tell potential rule abusers and whatnot what they're doing wrong, in a way so the abuser will quickly change his or her ways in order to avoid getting a custom title of the same kind, because again, it's quite a big deal to have one, for some of us. I also think it's a way for the mods and admins to be humorous in a way that is almost fun because oftentimes no one else gets the joke.

Print