Print

Author Topic: Custom Title?  (Read 67523 times)

« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2006, 11:27:29 PM »
Most people are overthinking this whole custom title thing. I fully agree with Black Mage, in the sense that it's a way for the mods and admins to tell potential rule abusers and whatnot what they're doing wrong, in a way so the abuser will quickly change his or her ways in order to avoid getting a custom title of the same kind, because again, it's quite a big deal to have one, for some of us. I also think it's a way for the mods and admins to be humorous in a way that is almost fun because oftentimes no one else gets the joke.

Yeah. I think it's funny when people get CT's with inside jokes, then we can just keep guessing, which adds to the fun.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #271 on: March 14, 2006, 01:05:02 AM »
The CTs are jokes (although I do find it a bit cruel to just have Aarom11 displayed as a PM Spammer for all to see after he realizes he made a mistake). I'm lucky mine doesn't insult me...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2006, 06:43:59 AM »
In a way, it kinda does. Maybe.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2006, 10:55:03 AM »
I still think that the confusion, whining by existing members about having (or not having) titles, and potential decline in the desire for new members to want to join vastly outweighs any deterrent or supposed "humor" that a negative or ambiguous CT can present. And I still think that CTs, the way they are being used, detract from the quality of the forums.

Whatever. Who am I to be making these assessments?
Eh, that isn't really what we're talking about. XD I agree with you, but we're all just having fun. Nobody is really 'offended' right now.(Well, mabey Aarom11)

I thought you were a brunette...
Yes, but everybody tends to use blonde jokes on non-blondes as well.

Khold is wrong.
How am I wrong? I didn't say anything prior to an opinion. What are you talking about?? Do you mean that I'm wrong because I always thought Jman was a nice fellow and should do without negative CTs?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be concerned about figuring out what this CT of mine means, so I'l just appreciate what it is, some sort of joke.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #275 on: March 14, 2006, 06:58:24 PM »
Most Wishy-Washy

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »
Wait, what's akward? What Jman said or what I said?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #277 on: March 14, 2006, 07:24:32 PM »
My CT to my post that I hyperlinked.
That's awkward. What an irony.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2006, 07:56:26 PM »
*rofls at Dude677's CT*

I think my CT is kidna negative, mainly because I asked for it... but then remembered that rule after I got a reply over the chatroom.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2006, 08:48:57 PM »
What do you mean by this? You're definitely not "cold hearted". I don't know WHERE that came from. I always thought you were one of the best members on here. ^_^

I think you're just confusing yourself. Eh, you're confusing me. What do you have figured out? You're speaking gibberish in text. And of course no body wants a negative CT. You're not making sense...
If you're going to post an illogical statement without an answer, why don't you tell me what it means rather than taunt me?

I was refering to Jman's, but yours too in a sense.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2006, 11:35:31 AM »
I seem to make people Strong Mad.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2006, 01:17:02 PM »
Mainly because you continue to talk about HomeStar Runner even after being told by numerous people in PMs to stop.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2006, 01:25:33 PM »
I used to be able to do a pretty good Strong Mad impression. I can't anymore. Weird.

10 coins for anyone who picks up the reference to my new title.
~I.S.~

« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2006, 11:24:09 PM »
Wheee! I have a Cutsom Title now..!

.. and I can't say that I'm crazy about it. They used one of my forum posts against me.

Mabey, if I'm really nice, they'll let me change it to something like World's Greatest Mushroom Retainer.

* Toad motions mods towards suggested title.
*wink wink*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #284 on: March 15, 2006, 11:55:12 PM »
I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but ever since I've thought these CT insults (THEY ARE INSULTS NO MATTER HOW FUNNY THEY SEEM AT FIRST) have gotten way out of hand (about the end of January), every month has had about 40% of the new members as the two months that this trend was not the case.

I'm not sure if the correlation is actually there, or if I'm obfuscating this slowdown with something else, but I'm just throwing things out there. S'all.
~I.S.~

Print