Print

Author Topic: Youth Rights  (Read 20271 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 05:20:30 PM »
ShadowBrain, ped means feet, while ometer is tacked on to "measure feet [steps]."

Actually, you're wrong. Pod is the root word for feet, and I don't know about ped, but I don't think that means feet.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »
OK. I have said before I am and underaged poster. Kill me for it. But, even though I'm 11 and pretty smart for my age as well, I disagree.

Seriously answer this. Do not lie. Are you just complaining about rights? No one ever said ALL teens are bad. The reason why there is a curfew is because of many rebellious teens. School? The law says you need to learn, not have to go to school. Some of my friends are homeschooled. Firearms? Duh. Rebellious (probably not rebellious, but still)/pot/cocaine/insert drug name here-heads/crazy people,etc. going around shooting people AND because of the school shootings. About the blamings, ignore the stereotypes. They will say ANYTHING about people/things they hate. I myself, however, do not enjoy the age of 18. Don't yell at me for this, but I think it should be 21 (excluding voting.).
My cousin (14) underage somkes. His parents have not done anything about this. My mom,who is a smoker, thinks that the legal smoking age should be 21. My brother (before he was 18) smoked ocasionally. He is now a full-on smoker. And, this wasn't added but, it the drinking age is obvious. I will use myself as an example. One time, on my bus, a friend of mine took out a joint of pot. He gave one to my other friend, but the other friend did not smoke it. The one friend smoked the joint. I thought it smelled worse than tobacco smoke. After a few breaths (ON ACCIDENT! I DID NOT MEAN TO!) Me and a friend in the seat in front of me, got high. I laughed for no reason and called Captain Morgan (it came up in a conversation) Captain Jack. About an hour later, I had a killer headache. About 3-4 breaths of smoke and I wsa high. Think about what alcahol/drugs could do to a teenager. It would take about 7 breaths, but he/she would still get high. The reason why teens don't have as much rights is because a lot of them would abuse the power. Thats why. Thank you.

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »
The views of Magik Studios do not reflect this Educational Film.

Teacher: Teenagers=Limited Responsiblity

Rebel: Why?

Teacher: No Experiance=Limited Responsibility

Rebel: Give them experiance!

Teacher: Teenagers/Children=Unexperianced/foolish <----A sad fact/assumption that adults make

Teacher: Unexperianced foolish is FIXED by going to SCHOOL

Rebel: And what about people who dropped out of school?

Teacher: Um...uh... ... .... ......SHUT UP!!!!

Teacher: Anyway, another reason:

Teacher: Unexperianced/foolish child + Born with stupidity

Teacher: UFS child does something incredibly stupid and ridiculous.

Teacher: It is immediatly assumed that all children are as stupid as the UFS=Limited responsibilitys

Rebel: But-

Teacher: GET OUT! YOUR A STUPID CHILD! AGRGGGH!

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Thats definatly an example of a stereotype (and a moron with that.).

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 06:09:09 PM »
Actually, you're wrong. Pod is the root word for feet, and I don't know about ped, but I don't think that means feet.

You think you've defeated my knowledge of prefixes? It's Latin! Mwaha!

*cough* Anyway, you're not exactly wrong, either. Pod- is Greek, ped- is Latin. ped- in Greek is 'child.' If it weren't for the Latin ped, how would we have such things as 'pedometer,' 'pedestrian,' or 'pedestal?'
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:12:53 PM by Suffix »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 06:17:05 PM »
I don't have any problems with restrictions on minors. They don't really affect me because I'm not the kind who would do any of the things that I'm prohibited from doing for my age. I have no reason to be out alone after it gets dark. I have no attraction to alcohol. Drugs used for non-medical purposes disgust me.

And I am openly ashamed of the majority of my generation. Of course, the abominations committed by my peers aren't as evident in honors classes--what a blessing that the school system separates students like that. But at lunch, in "electives" like P.E. and driver's ed, I have seen terrible things. The freshmen stand in an alley where they smoke and swear to a point that they cannot be compared to anything else I've ever known. It's because of them that we can't sit down and eat lunch there... the authorities confronted us about littering (ahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa no). Now those shameless kids don't even make an attempt to hide anymore. In P.E., I have seriously been directly asked if I ever drink or take drugs in the same manner you might ask a person what kinds of movies they like to watch.

To conclude, I don't feel oppressed at all. Most people my age would be better off with weights chained to their ankles, really, but I wouldn't approve of that being the standard for minors.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »
"Unexperianced/foolish child + Born with stupidity UFS child does something incredibly stupid and ridiculous" reminded me of this:

The Word EARTH indicates One, Entity or Singularity,
but Earth is not an Entity, for the Half of Earth seen
from Space cannot exist without the Opposite Half
NOT SEEN - existing only as opposites with a plus &
minus zero existence.  As an Entity, the Opposites
will cancel each other out to nothing. Teaching that
Earth is an Entity equates to a Doomsday induced by
Educaters upon Humanity. Earth is not a Singularity,
it is composed of Opposites. No God can exist as One
or without Opposite Sex. ONEness is queer worship
which dooms opposite life. A Queer God is [darn]ation
for it desecrates My Mother. Know that ONE causes Hell.

KNOW CUBE, OR HELL. Education and Religion
severely diminishes your intelligence and mentality,
instituting ONEness Evil, You are educated stupid -
and you have no inkling to just how EVIL you think.

Seek in haste to attend a lecture by Dr. Gene Ray,
Cubic and Wisest Human - His Wisdom is Awesome.

(Dr Gene Ray, Cubic and Wisest Human, depicted in image above)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
OK, I got pretty p***ed of at this topic due to the fact people bashed homosexuals (for reference, I am straight, but don't care about homosexuals much.) ALOT here. Vid is currently on his way to leaving because of the stereotypical jerks on here who think of gays as another species, instead of a type of person who likes the same sex. Is a Christain supposed to be against gays? I think not. I am Roman Catholic, however, I pratice a good amount of Cristianity. PaperLuigi posted a quote from Jesus:
"Don't judge or you'll be judged."

Listen to Jesus.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:35:57 PM by luigalaxy »

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »
Rights are not something you can put an age on but privileges you can so everyone has equal rights.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »
Vid is currently on his way to leaving
I'm pretty sure he already left.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »
Vid's out. And he's not out because he ever got bashed for his orientation. He's out for reasons he's told me many, many times. "I left FF mostly due to LD. And that it stopped being fun a long time ago." Lizard Dude and Vidgmchr were mortal enemies. Don't know when that started, presumably after Lizard Dude stopped being everyone's favorite member and went mad. And he's said again and again that it's just not the same as it was when he joined--it's gotten old, in other words.

So you're wrong. Vidgmchtr didn't freaking leave because of anti-gayness. In fact, correct me if I'm being incredibly foggy-brained, but, wasn't it a unanimous "Gay people are just fine" when he left anyway?

And that's all. Vid's chosen to leave. He's slowly ending the lurking act, too. No more dramatic pleas for him to stay. People come and go.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 08:46:30 PM »
Goodbye Viddy! 'Tears'

'Pulls out handkerchief'

'Looks at handkerchief'

You know...this really is old...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
Vid just wants attention. And he's unfortunately found a good way to exploit the people here for it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »
I told you idiots if you said Vidgmchtr's name three times he'd come back AND NOW LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED!

I thought that trick only worked if you stood in front of a mirror.

I'm also still waiting for CFMH to elaborate on how kids can gain an education outside of public/private/homeschooling.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2008, 11:07:19 PM »
They sure can't get a GED through anything else.

Print