Print

Author Topic: What Is Up With These Ads?  (Read 351287 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 04:29:42 PM »
Is Mario age appropriate!?!?!?  Who writes that stuff?  Probably the same activists who censored Jonny Quest...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »
People who want you to click on the link and be all "whaaaat?" so they get some ad money.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2008, 12:48:11 AM »
I'm 70% sure that's what it says on all of those ads; that is, the writing is reused to describe other games.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2008, 06:33:39 AM »
^ Bingo.

Hey, what about censoring Johnny Quest? (I loved the remake of that show as a kid. I still have a shirt for it in terrible condition...  I think)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2008, 06:05:22 PM »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »

When your forum sucks so much that you have to put out ads for it, perhaps you should try to fix it yourself instead.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2008, 02:42:28 PM »
I love that kid's expression.

"Dude! This level's filled with naked dudes!! Is this an easter egg or something?!"
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2008, 06:27:51 PM »

We're talking about toilets so much that these ads are appearing on the index of General Chat.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »
I keep getting ads for "certified Christian singles," with pictures of women looking a little too seductive to be certified Christians. I guess they noticed that I never clicked on them, because lately they've started with more CCS ads with pictures of men.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2008, 07:32:05 PM »
I keep getting ads for "certified Christian singles," with pictures of women looking a little too seductive to be certified Christians.
People (celebrities in particular) seem to throw the title around a lot these days.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »
???

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
I played AdventureQuest once, and it sucked.  After you had been a member for a certain amount of time, you had to become a paying member just to be able to log in.

I would like one of these, but I don't think I'm willing to fork over $35 for it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2008, 09:23:10 PM »
Doesn't the very existance of Mario Kart games undermine that toy? Or vice-versa?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2008, 11:25:54 PM »
I actually tried to get that company to donate one of those things for a site contest, but they declined.

Print