Print

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull  (Read 8970 times)

« on: May 28, 2008, 03:30:25 PM »
Who here has seen it yet? IMO it was pretty good. Raiders is still the best, but this movie aside from the very end seemed to be the freshest so far. About halfway through I had to **** real bad and I refused to get up. I would have wet myself to just sit through that whole thing.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »
what does IMO stand for anyway. and by the way every one that I've talked to and my self thinks that this movie is pretty bad.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
IMO = In My Opinion.
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 04:28:08 PM »
Dunno what to tell you megamush, I haven't met anyone who didn't like it. So I am inclined to insult you, but I won't.
Anyway, I thought it was pretty awesome.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 05:06:53 PM »
About halfway through I had to **** real bad and I refused to get up. I would have wet myself to just sit through that whole thing.

Exact same with me. My pee was so compressed at the end it was nearly green when it came out.

I was surprised with the direction they took with this, and leaves me wondering how they'll handle part 5. If Shia LeBoeoueoufea replaces Harrison Ford, I will knife George Lucas.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »

I know someone who hated it so much they disowned the movie from the rest of the series.

If Shia LeBoeoueoufea replaces Harrison Ford, I will knife George Lucas.

This is how I felt about Apollo Justice.
No! I don't want that!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »
IMO = In My Opinion.
thanks for that.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »
He isn't "replacing" Harrison Ford, but he's going to be the main character of the next thing with Indy supporting.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
They really took it in a different direction.

FOLLOWING TEXT CONTAINS SPOILERS

1. Aliens in a Indiana Jones movie? I guess thier entering the Sci-Fi Genre. (Err...is that a good thing?)
2. The ultimate fate of the villian was similar to the first movie, consumed by power/knowledge.
3. Poor Indie, gettin' Old.
4. BIG HUGE SPOILERS(Can't block): If that dimensional portal returns...I'm labeling Indiana Jones Sci-Fi/Adventure.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 08:05:59 PM »
Different, but still good, IMO.
Shia Lebeoufefo... whatever, I will always remember as the kid in "Holes." 
This one had funny moments and serious, both mixed well into the story.  But I still like Last Crusade the best (mostly because of Sean Connery)
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 08:20:23 PM »
It was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Seriously, it was.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 08:26:42 PM »
It was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Seriously, it was.
for me that would have to be Iron Man

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 08:27:46 PM »
I didn't get anything to drink because I didn't want a full bladder (I missed part of a Harry Potter movie once because of that).

That aside, the movie didn't disappoint (in my area, though, I've heard mixed opinions). Wrinkly Harrison Ford (he's older than Spielberg and Lucas, for crying out loud!) was a distraction, but I thought it had a pretty neat plot and some great action sequences (surviving nuclear blast=Hardcore). There was a obviously a little bit more mystery-deciphering along the in the wake of the National Treasure movies, but that's to be expected.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »
They decided to emulate '50s style serials/movies instead of '30s style this time around, because that's when it takes place.
That was a joke.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
So I am inclined to insult you, but I won't.
you know what, I get that alot, here and in school. appearently I'm a likeable guy!

Print