Print

Author Topic: So how's that weather  (Read 15964 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 05:56:16 AM »
Upstate New York's weather is stupid. Yesterday and the day before were over 100. Schools let out early so the kids didn't get heat stroke. Today it's cold. What the heck, upstate New York? Seriously.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »
This year it's almost like the year gave spring a leave and went straight from winter to summer. From really cold, snowy weather to really hot, humid weather, too. At least snow was a welcome change. Hasn't snowed much around here for the past couple years.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 07:26:51 PM »
The sky's half-orange and half-blue, and it's raining and hailing at the same time.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 08:10:35 PM »
now the weather has been very crappy, about a week or two ago it was nice and sunny. now its been  raining and hailing.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »
Weather here has been hot, but fairly calm. A few days ago it was raining and thundering a bit, but other then that, it's been okay.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 02:02:06 AM »
My state is in a bit of a disaster area right now.  We've had thunderstorms, tornadoes, floods the last few days.  Fortunately, there is very little damage in the area I live in.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 07:45:53 AM »
The power went out for literally 3 seconds last night.  Other than that, the storms have been pretty mild so far this summer.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 05:16:42 PM »
I've been gone for a few days because of the weather! The flood here in Iowa is no longer cute, it is scary. They call it the 500 year flood.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 05:42:47 PM »
They call it the 500 year flood.
Dang!  I too live in Iowa, and I know the flooding has been nasty in certain areas, but I haven't heard the flooding being called that till now.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »
Last I heard, 83 out of the 99 counties in Iowa were declared disaster areas. That's like 83%.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »
Yeah man. Luckily I live on a big hill, but I have friends who no longer have houses.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 11:32:47 PM »
Yeah man. Luckily I live on a big hill, but I have friends who no longer have houses.
I live on a hill too.  It'd have to be one heck of a flood in order for our house to be flood damaged
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 12:43:47 AM »
Do you live in Iowa City?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »
Do you live in Iowa City?
No, I'm around the western part of Iowa
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 02:01:51 AM »
Ah shucks. Well it's definitely crazy. But apparently the flood peaked today.

Print