Line only
0 (0%)
Indention and line
3 (50%)
Other (Give examples below)
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Print

Author Topic: The indention inbetween?  (Read 2014 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: July 31, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »
Most people from my...  Nevermind..

I typically indent if I'm typing something to be printed, but don't if it's a digital only document like a forum post, email, or webpage. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:38:06 PM »
I write/wrote so few papers that I'm not sure. Probably just indentation though.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:43:21 PM »
In single-spaced writing, I always have an empty line, especially when I can't indent because of technical limitations / limited technical knowledge, which ends up being most of the time. I always prefer to indent, but I haven't figured out how to do it on forums and blogs.

In double-spaced papers, adding an empty line usually just looks like you're trying to find cheap ways to extend the page count, so I don't do it unless that's what I'm trying to do and I think I can get away with it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »
In college papers with double spacing you just start a new line with an indent. No extra blank lines are used.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »
Generally, for me, both, but only when it would matter. Otherwise I just go all buckwyld and indent/space however I want.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:08 PM »
Indention and line.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print