Paper Mario:TTYD
13 (46.4%)
M&L:SS
2 (7.1%)
M&L:PIT
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario RPG  (Read 18321 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 03:07:06 PM »
Vivian a guy??? That remids me of a song from the Beetles. Within that song, it said that a girl named Loretta was really a man. The song's name is called Get Back.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 03:19:52 PM »
Besides, look at her figure. One of the most distinguishing female characteristics. I don't mean to sound perverted, but what guy has a chest like that? That's like saying Flurrie's a man, too.

Tweet! Any Questions? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 09:57:44 PM »
Bird Person = incorrect.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2005, 04:43:20 PM »
This also reminds me something weird about
Birdo. In her first appearance in SMB2, many people thought she was a boy so in certain areas, like Europe, Birdo's bow is replaced with a hat.

ToS and PM:TTYD Rock!!!

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005, 06:07:57 PM »
They went that far to make her a guy...when she's really a girl. Why in the world did Nintendo make a change like that? Vivian is understandable.

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2005, 01:43:13 AM »
Back to the topic of which Mario RPG is best...

I don't care to comment on gameplay, but nintendoexpert brings up a good point about the music.  For some reason, I just really like the music from SMRPG.  My favorite tunes are all of the battle tunes (normal enemy, big enemeny, and Smithy minion) and the theme from Booster's tower.  I also like how the "town in trouble" music and the Smithy minion music feature the exact same melody, but played in completely different moods.  I a big fan of this sort of theme development (think John William's score for Star Wars), so I really got a kick out of the SMRPG music.

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 04:07:57 PM »
Square Enix made the music for SMRPG. They use orchestra music in every game they make.

ToS and PM:TTYD Rock!!!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2005, 04:48:58 PM »
All four were okay, but I liked SMRPG the most. It was really fun, and the story was great. To me, Paper Mario seemed like it was totally posing off of SMRPG, only watered down. But it was still okay. Mario and Luigi was funny, but too hard. I really hate the real-time attacking and defending. Paper Mario 2 was good. It was also quite funny and fun. I just wish it wouldn't have had to get "darker" towards the end. As far as gameplay is concerned, here's how I see it:
SMRPG > PM2 > PM > M&L
And graphics:
PM2 > SMRPG > PM > M&L
I always liked the "fake-3D" graphics of SMRPG. You have to keep in mind that real 3D was next to impossible on the SNES. So they worked with what they had, and it came out looking quite nice.
As for music, I pretty much like all Mario music equally, with the exception of a couple really short repetitious songs in M&L.
The stories of all four games were good, with the exception of PM2's ending, which I mentioned earlier.

------------------------
"Nintendo is not an or company. With games devoted just to this group or that group. We`re an and company.
Games for this group and that group. And for groups that don`t even call themselves gamers yet." -Reggie Fils-Aime
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2005, 10:12:01 PM »
> Square Enix made the music for SMRPG. They use orchestra music in every game they make.

Yoko Shimomura composed the music for SMRPG, and I don't hear an orchestra in any of it. And also, Square Enix doesn't use orchestra music in games like Cyber Org. And also, this was back when it was just Squaresoft.

Also: 3D was quite possible on the SNES. Just not very detailed 3D.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2005, 12:01:46 AM »
Yay!  Go Yoko Shimomura!

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2005, 04:18:46 PM »
<SPOILERS>

I'm sorry but I must respectfully disagree with you, goodie, regarding the ending of Paper Mario 2.  I thought it had one of the best endings I have ever experienced in any game.  I don't exactly why you feel it was "dark"...perhaps because Peach got possessed by a witch?  Bowser got possessed by a witch in M&L:SS, would you also consider that ending to be dark?  I loved the dramatic tension created by the fact that Mario had to fight Peach.  What I really loved most about the ending, however, was the montage in which all the characters from throughout the game cheered you on.  I was almost brought to tears of joy when I saw the punies jumping up and down, saying "You can do it, Mario!  Don't give up!"  It was just so...beautiful.

</SPOILERS>

Edited by - Hirocon on 6/2/2005 3:19:16 PM

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2005, 05:58:35 PM »
"I don't exactly why you feel it was "dark"...perhaps because Peach got possessed by a witch?"

If I recall correctly, it was supposed to be a demon, not a witch. That is why. (although witches are bad too...)

------------------------
"Nintendo is not an or company. With games devoted just to this group or that group. We`re an and company.
Games for this group and that group. And for groups that don`t even call themselves gamers yet." -Reggie Fils-Aime
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2005, 08:47:55 PM »
Well, that witch or whatever is evil so that is dark.

We will never give up our love of Nintendo!

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2005, 10:31:28 AM »
SMRPG is my favorite because it is made from Nintendo and square enix.Good graphics,storyline,gameplay,sound actually everything is good on SMRPG.

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2005, 11:28:19 AM »
My favorite Mario RPG is either PM or PM:TTYD. Paper Mario had great Music but, PM:TTYD had a longer Quest. Super Mario RPG was great when I bought last year but got boring after awhile.

"I Never joke about my work!"

Print