Poll

What Is Your Favorite Kind of Public Sink?

The ones where you push the button, then they run for a while and shut off.
0 (0%)
The ones where you have to keep holding the button for water to come out.
0 (0%)
The "automatic" sensor ones.
10 (47.6%)
One handle/knob with random temperature.
1 (4.8%)
Good old-fashioned "H" and "C" handles.
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Public Sinks  (Read 6749 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: May 23, 2008, 05:03:26 PM »
First of all, this idea popped into my head way before the glut of toilet threads swept across the FF. That being said, when you walk into your local restaurant bathroom, park "restroom facility", or school "BOYS"/"GIRLS", which kind of sink do you prefer when it's hand-washing time?

I'm an automatic sink man, myself.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:34:27 PM »
I like automatic sinks in theory, but the water is usually about 200 degrees, and the sensors are still pretty poor quality. H and C knobs are good if there's a paper towel dispenser nearby.

What I really want are those sinks that you turn on with foot pedals. If a bathroom had those sinks, plus motion-sensing paper towel dispensers, plus either doors that push out from the inside or a long winding doorless hallway, then I could actually get clean.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »
One of the schools I used to go to had the automatic sinks and they worked pretty well. The auto-flushing toilets on the other hand...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
I like the H&C handles because I can control the temperature.  I always wash with frigid water.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »
H and C handles, because, well, they're HxC
Ditto used Machop!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:17:22 PM »
What can I say? The old Hot and Cold handle allows you to change the temperature, and allows the water to pour out as long as you want.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »
What can I say? The old Hot and Cold handle allows you to change the temperature, and allows the water to pour out as long as you want.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 07:16:27 AM »
Yeah, I have to say I "dislike" automatic sinks. Seriously. We were even more advanced before that! Just because you don't have touch any knobs, doesn't make it any better. It gave me less control over how I wanted to wash my hands.

Why do I find this post funny? I was being completely serious.
I'm a horrible person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »
I actually wasn't even sure whether I should have added the "Good old-fashioned "H" and "C" handles." option, because... well... do you ever even really see those in many public bathrooms anymore? At least at the places I've been, they're pretty rare (probably for convinience and to discourage vandalism).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 09:04:02 AM »
A movie theater I go to sometimes still has them, and my old school had them (and still does, as far as I know).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 10:11:15 AM »
Lots of places have sinks with knobs. I would prefer not to touch anything but water, myself.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 11:44:35 AM »
It's cool and useful, but I still prefer temperature control and not having a "time limit" making me restart the sink all over again for more water.
I'm a horrible person.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 12:43:19 PM »
Everytime I see this thread title, I see "Favorite Public Stinks" :D
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 10:20:46 PM »
I love the concept of "restart the sink".
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 02:59:10 AM »
the water is usually about 200 degrees
Ahahahhaaaahahahaa... Ha... Hahahaheheh... Ha. It wouldn't be very useful for hand-washing at that point... would it?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print