Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Mario's special moves  (Read 15750 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 08:45:07 PM »
Did someone actually say that Yoshi was time restrained or do people just keep making that up?

Yes, blue coins are horrible, but you can't hold future games against an old game and you can't complain about easy Mario bosses (every Mario boss ever, except maybe SM64 final Bowser if you're a n00b).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »
If Yoshi isn't so screwy due to time, that's even worse. But you have a point with boss difficulty...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 10:58:35 PM »
Did someone actually say that Yoshi was time restrained or do people just keep making that up?
Yoshi definitely has a time limit. His juice level keeps dropping even if you never use any.

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
Not only that, but it seems to me that Yoshi is a bit.. glitchy in the juice area (for lack of a better word): I've stood perfectly still before, and Yoshi's juice gauge will randomly jump from being half-full to near the top, and back down to about where it was (I think it was most notable on purple Yoshi, but I could be wrong).

I don't know if that's just what it did normally when Yoshi was running low on juice or if I just never noticed, but it stuck me as odd.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 08:02:48 PM »
I pretty much hate playing as Yoshi in SMS, but at least they put him in the game.

Oh, and what's with the Melee 2 debate here? Technically, games like the Smash Bros. series don't even have sequels; they're more like expansions upon the last game. Like... Mario Party (but better). I think Brawl will be accepted as better by most, but hey, different strokes.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 11:14:12 PM »
Yoshi is very glitchy in general, along with a lot of other parts of the game but I still love Mario Sunshine.
Brawl isn't Melee 2, it's SSB 3. What the heck?
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 01:11:18 AM »
It's because all the pr0s are whining about their precious game being changed.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 04:28:05 PM »
I think Sunshine had some good ideas in it. I like some of the enemies, especially the Cataquacks. I'm one of the few Sunshine supporters, it looks like.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 05:33:27 PM »
I thought that SMS was worthwhile also. It is one of my favorite GC titles.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 04:53:14 AM »
Funnily enough, the Cataquacks were my least favorite enemies in the whole game. In fact, they're the only fictional character I've ever truly despised.

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 07:20:54 AM »
I'm going to jump to conclusion and say "Thanks for ruining Mario, Sora." This is the first thing that makes me think this game may not be a Melee 2 like I want, but well see.
If you ask me, this warrants not even comparing this game to Melee anymore. It's more of an alternate sequel in that it expands on different concepts from SSB64 than Melee did.

Borrowing from one of Luigison's posts...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:49:28 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 07:28:46 AM »
Pretty sure everyone here's played Sunshine. Not so much complaining about SSBB as wishing elements from Sunshine weren't so persistent...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 07:57:39 AM »
The point isn't about Mario Sunshine. It's that people are complaining about a game that isn't even out yet saying "this is not a worthy successor to Melee" just because of an added gimmick. I believe Melee had its own share of gimmicks, why not actually try out the ones in Brawl before instead of being close-minded and expecting the worst?

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 01:48:29 PM »
Ugh, it's not a gimmick, Mario's moves are just changing a little.  Like when they changed his moves for melee from the original.  It's not like the whole game is going to be advertised around and because of this one attack. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 02:20:45 PM »
The point isn't about Mario Sunshine. It's that people are complaining about a game that isn't even out yet saying "this is not a worthy successor to Melee" just because of an added gimmick. I believe Melee had its own share of gimmicks, why not actually try out the ones in Brawl before instead of being close-minded and expecting the worst?

When was I complaining? I didn't say it wasn't a worthy successor. I just said it was different. That's all. I only meant that I'd prefer not to use Melee as a template for Brawl's standards. I'd rather let Brawl stand on it's own merit, since it'll likely be awesome regardless.

Print