Print

Author Topic: Nintendo DS Conference 2006  (Read 6641 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:07:27 AM »
A ton of new DS info was announced by Nintendo today.

The presentation contained:
Opera web browser in June (3800 yen)
Digital TV tuner
Calligraphy Training
Unamed cooking software
New Super Mario Bros. release in May (4800 yen)
Tetris DS release (3800 yen)
Xenosaga 1+2
Children of Mana
Super Robot Wars
Archaic Sealed Heat
Mario Basket 3 on 3
Final Fantasy III
Contact
Tales of Tempest
Dynasty Warriors online
Winning Eleven 9 online

and a bunch more

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 03:25:18 AM »
Did I just read right? Digital TV Tuner?? Whoa. I am getting that. No questions asked.

These games look pretty good as well... NSMB? Want it. Final Fantasy 3? I guess it's finally time to join the Final Fantasy craze after so long resisting. Tetris DS? I hate Tetris, but... hmm...
Opera Web Browser? Awe-some.

Nintendo, you never fail to amaze me.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 04:03:54 AM »
The tuner is for a specific TV broadcast station in Japan, so there's a good chance it won't make it over here since it wouldn't work.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 07:59:18 PM »
Also, a memory expansion card will be released for the DS to facilitate the Opera browser.  I wonder games will be able to use this new device.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 11:47:55 PM »
I think I'd have slightly better luck with the station, but it'd be in Japanese...

Anyway, browsing the web on your DS would bring my Nintendo fanatacism to an all-time high. Hopefully connection to the Revolution would be possible.

*Dreams of playing Starfox 64 on DS*

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 12:11:51 AM »
Uh.... No Play-Yan news? I really want one. In English, please... I mean, it won't affect your songs or videos but I don't want to randomly sift through the menu in Japanese.
Opera web browser, though... could that be... better?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 05:26:01 PM »
Don't you have a Japanese Pack? I can read those text.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 07:13:46 AM »
Opera says there are no plans to support Macromedia Flash for the DS browser.  There's no comment on Java yet.

I'm somewhat taken aback by the early release date for Mario DS... It seems premature, given that so little is known about the title... Hold me!  I'm scared.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 10:11:49 AM »
I was hoping that Flash would be supported. Also, does it say anything about downloads?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 10:55:12 AM »
*holds DeadAwake*
Nintendo regulary gave away new screenshots to Famitsu e.g. of Mario climbing into a Koopa shell.
Miyamoto wouldn't rush this title. Remember how he caused a delay of the Nintendo 64 because he wasn't entirely pleased with Super Mario 64?
You have to think of the fact that New Super Mario Bros. is announced since the first DS showoff.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 12:35:42 PM »
If it supported flash and downloads my problems would be solved. I really only want a Play-Yan so much because... some flash items are being converted to m4vs. And internet wouldn't be a problem on the DS, you have a keyboard already.

Well, anyway, this is what I like about the DS as opposed to the PSP: Say you only want the system for the games. Uh-oh, you have to pay extra for the PSP for stuff you don't want. The DS doesn't come with those features, but you can pay the extra for them if you want.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 09:39:42 PM »
Yeah, that's a good point about the development going so far back.  And just because there hasn't been a surge of media doesn't mean the game isn't ready.  Think of Earthbound 2, for example.  I like how that was announced so suddenly.

I do worry, though, that Nintendo is at risk for spreading their central talent too thin.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 01:00:26 AM »
Eh? Too thin? The DS is seen by many to be the thickest concentration of Nintendo's talent. The DS features great games, a low price, backward compatibility,  free internet gaming, incredible promises for the future, better-than-N64 graphics, great sound quality, and a massive amount of durability. I'll say it again, your DS is a projectile. You could walk into a dark alley, swing the DS at some thugs 2 feet taller than you, and keep playing it. More on topic...

Calligraphy Training? Nothing could save my handwriting. Cooking Software? Looks like LD can put his Easy-Bake Oven away, this one's portable.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 02:35:39 AM »
That is totally not what I meant.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 07:35:44 AM »
Cooking Software? Looks like LD can put his Easy-Bake Oven away, this one's portable.

"I'm a stupid fatty who likes to play with my DS."

Is the cooking software supposed to be a game that shows you things you can make, or a game where you cook stuff? Or does anyone know? ???
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 08:11:56 AM »
It's an interactive cooking book that demonstrates you different recipes so you can cook it yourself.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 12:29:54 AM »
I don't know why anyone would want that, but if my DS supported internet AND flash, my world would be complete. I mean, I could post here when my family is having a boring conversation,  you could play a ton of games on flash, and much much more.
Just plain internet would still be worth the money. The touch screen makes the keyboard possible without the need for one plugged in, a small square in the corner of the screen makes for a mouse pad, A or B or whatever other buttons for clicking... yeah. You couldn't really type very fast unless you practiced on Pictochat, but... internet DS is going to be so awesome...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 12:47:05 AM »
I could see the control pad controlling the mouse...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 12:54:11 AM »
As an option, but for precision I'd rather use the screen.
It's YOUR problem!

Print