Print

Author Topic: New Mario VIdeo Game Ideas  (Read 30253 times)

« on: April 15, 2006, 09:13:34 AM »
I have this really interesting concept of a Mario game:
Super Mario Online.

The concept is simple. You create your own kind of plumber, whether a boy or girl, man or woman, human, or , even, Toad, and other species. You then are cast into the world of The Mushroom Kingdom, of which Bowser has been overthrown as the king of Darkness and has been replaced by:
Un-Mario, the complete oppisite of Mario. He creates humanoid robots which are stronger than most Mario enimies, and Mario and Luigi can't fight it alone.
You ahve four choices:

Join the ranks of Mario and Luigi to defeat Un-Mario
Join Un-Mario for Total World Dominance and Defeat The Mario Brothers
Join Bowser To Defeat un-Mario AND The mushroom kingdom to join the leauge of Bad Guys
Join Peach's defense army and defeat the onslaught of humaniods.

The service would be free, and would be the mix of Matrix Online and World of Warcraft. The entire game is gamer-controlled. You can choose what should happen depending on what side you choose and what your sides actions of become. Guild wars and side wars happen daily, and backstabs are normal.

There are many classes:
Super Plumbers: The Mario Lookalikes, which you can wear overalls, t-shirts, etc. Totally customizable.
Humaniods: The Un-mario's army
Koopa and Crooked Humans: Bowser's People
Toads: Peach's forces

The main characters:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Un-Mario, and Bowser are totally controlled by a admin, and they lsiten to their whole side for what they should do next.

ALso, you can meet special NPC's, such as Donkey Kong, who gives you power bannanas which boost your level, Link, who resides in Hyrule, and you go there using a machine. Also, Samus and Fox are found, which you go there using a rocket ship.

SO, what do you guys think of this concept?
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »
I think this should be in General Mario Chat, not General Chat.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 11:59:52 AM »
I think it's The Matrix Online with Mario characters.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 12:07:07 PM »
Sure, I've got a Vldeo game idea. I also have a video game idea, too!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 04:45:27 PM »
I'd like to see a Night/Day system in future Mario games.

EDIT: And a weather system
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 09:10:53 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »
Hey, I had the idea for a Mario MMO first! I mentioned it, like, a few months ago, in a topic I made about Mario game ideas! Dude677's version is way better, though, so I forgive him.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 04:36:51 PM »
You could call it an MMariO! :P

Seriously, that's a good idea.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »
I think a Mario MMO is a bad idea. Mario is the antithesis to boring level grinds, non-twitch-based combat, and complicated game systems and UI. It wouldn't feel right, and I'm not sure how one could make a successful MMO without this stuff. They're based on time commitment and feeling a sense of accomplishment for what you've done, as well as camaraderie with other people in the game. This style of play would seem very strange in a Mario skin.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:06 AM »
I stand by my "Super Mario Metropolis" idea. Not too far off from other Mario series, I think.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »
I sure hope you're not starting this thread in hopes that someone will actullay make this... Sure it IS a good idea, but I've got plenty ideas too.

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 04:06:22 PM »
Nope.
Its VIdeo game Ideas.

Post your own, if you wish.
Most Wishy-Washy

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »
I think that there should be another SM64 remake. SM64DS was pretty good, but I want the castle to be twice as large, with 30 courses(instead of 15) and 240 stars(instead of 120).

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 04:56:46 PM »
It would be cool if there was Super Mario War for DS with Wi-Fi. Another idea would be a 3-D Super Mario Bros.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 04:48:07 AM »
My ideas are:
1. New Super Mario Bros should have a level editor.
2. More of the NSMB series like New Super Mario Bros 3, New Super Mario World, New Yoshi's Island, etc, featuring the same overall theme of the original game.
Also, if Nintendo wants NSMB to be like SMB (without yoshi, flying, etc) then why are all these things from later Mario games there? Why can Mario walljump? Why are there Banzai Bills and fire-spitting Piranha Plants?

- Jouw, Banzai Bill hater...
I'm probably worse than you at playing Mario games...
But what do you expect?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 08:42:38 AM »
I also had an idea called Super Mario Kart 128.It would've had 128 playable characters,including some from other Nintendo games.

Print