Poll

Where did you think mario coins looked the best?

Super Smash Bros. Series
1 (3.8%)
Super Mario Sunshine
5 (19.2%)
Super Mario Galaxy
8 (30.8%)
Paper Mario Series
1 (3.8%)
Mario Parties
2 (7.7%)
Super Mario
1 (3.8%)
Mario Bros.
0 (0%)
New Super Mario Bros.
1 (3.8%)
Super Mario 64
5 (19.2%)
Mario RPG
0 (0%)
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time
0 (0%)
Mario Superstar Saga
0 (0%)
Yoshi's Island
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Best Coins  (Read 19145 times)

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2008, 11:56:07 AM »
I picked Yoshi's Island because I enjoyed the coin-collecting sound and the sparkle disappearing effect. And it was so satisfying to pick up Red Coins with that sound effect. Granted it all comes down to taste because the coins and sound effects differ slightly from game to game (I know some sounds are more distinct than others, but they all seem to signify similar things). I don't think SMW2's coins had Yoshi heads on them though (or if they did, they were too small to see, but going back to it I notice the coin design's a little different from other games). SMW1 had Yoshi heads on the Dragon Coins.

Still, I never really noticed that in all these games, the coins - those small things - had subtle changes to them. I could have sworn Super Mario Sunshine's coins were fake 3D as well.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2008, 07:49:57 PM »
I liked how you could eat coins in YI.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2008, 08:23:05 PM »
This was the best bump ever.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2008, 10:48:04 PM »
I don't think SMW2's coins had Yoshi heads on them though (or if they did, they were too small to see, but going back to it I notice the coin design's a little different from other games).
They did; see the TMK menu bar.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »
NSMB, because it had a hint of nostalgia but with better graphics about the coins.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »
Still, I never really noticed that in all these games, the coins - those small things - had subtle changes to them. I could have sworn Super Mario Sunshine's coins were fake 3D as well.

I don't see how they are fake 3D. I mean, look at Super Mario 64.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2008, 10:17:31 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine's coins were full renders. Super Mario 64's coins were sprites.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2008, 09:20:56 AM »
As were the trees, if I'm correct.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2008, 10:28:44 AM »
You are.
That was a joke.

Print