Print

Author Topic: In SMW..  (Read 12830 times)

Br26

• Ping timeout
« on: January 11, 2007, 01:10:26 PM »
Who made it through all those special stages? You know, the "Tubular" and "Funky" worlds. I forget the specific name but I made it through each one..it sure wasnt easy :s
Im sorry mario, but our princess is in another castle! He He, just joking!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »
Judging from how old the game is and it's difficulty...

I'd say anybody with any small amount skill has beaten it.

Senior Mariology professor

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 01:56:52 PM »
Ahh, memories. I would play "Awesome" over and over because, well, it was awesome.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »
I beat it. Now I suddenly feel like playing SMW again...

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »
To this day I have not mastered Tubular (the other levels are easy enough, though)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 05:13:17 PM »
I beat all of them. I still remember a challenge that was in Electronic Gaming Monthly when SMW:SMA2 was released-- that if you could beat Outrageous using small Mario at the beginning, without a stored item or Yoshi, you were entitled to eat an entire box of Thin Mints by yourself. I still haven't been able to do that.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 06:25:29 PM »
Judging from how old the game is and it's difficulty...
It is difficulty, yoshimastar. I have beaten the Special World though, yes.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Br26

• Ping timeout
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 06:52:19 PM »
I remember at the end of the last one I got all the coins saying that i'm a special player or something to tha extent.

I felt really special!
Im sorry mario, but our princess is in another castle! He He, just joking!

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 08:48:23 PM »
I've expressed much dislike for Tubular, and to this day cannot get through it in just one attempt. My strategy was to be small Mario throughout the level, as a smaller target for enemies might have a chance of getting through the level much easier. That, and if you get hit by an obsctacle as Super/Fiery/Caped Mario in balloon form, you'd lose a life, anyway.

Before though, back in 1996 or so, my brother and I were never able to pass Tubular. One day we were lucky enough, and then said to each other we were never going to play that level again.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 09:33:37 PM »
Ah, the special stages. 8 levels of ball-busting, tough-as-nails challenges that kept me glued to the games and constantly trying to break my controller in fits of rage over continually losing at Tubular. What great memories.

I've beaten them many times to this day, but I still find a challenge in them each time.

I still want a return of such a level of difficulty that's found in the SMW special stages, and all of SMB: The Lost Levels. The new Mario platformers have been too easy. I've heard Yoshi's Island DS is very hard, and I've yet to play it, so it may fulfill my need of a challenge.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 05:03:54 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 10:01:52 PM »
Eight levels.  Not 10 (or more).

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »
Nope. Haven't even bothered with them. I'm a much better gamer at the new age Mario games.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 12:11:13 AM »
That's because they're (almost drastically) easier.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 12:27:46 AM »
Why is everyone whining at Tubular?  Outrageous was haaard...  (It was outrageous :D )

I beat them all anyway....
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 01:21:20 AM »
Outrageous was easy because it gave you an opportunity to fly through the level.
Perhaps the only level which didn't, was Tubular. The one single most difficult level in the whole game.

Print