Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 225523 times)

« Reply #345 on: May 29, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »
I was thinking about this and i think that it should be in a haunted castle.

And back to dreams. I read that if you dream something and your mind then deletes it, if you see a place similar to the deleted dream, it will seem like you've been there before, but you won't know why. AKA deja vu.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #346 on: May 29, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »
Nintendo is publishing Fatal Frame IV

F

F

IV

?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 06:58:30 PM by Suffix »
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #347 on: May 29, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
What, you didn't know? Well, anyway, that's Nintendo for you (nice job dodging the censor, BTW).

Check out this list--they've published stranger things (seriously, Hamtaro Olympics? Ken Griffey, Jr. Baseball? Do they just use a dartboard every other year to decide what to publish?)

Also, just to balance out the off-topicness of this post, I think I had a dream the other night where Mr. Rogers was a comedian in his earlier days (even though he looked the same) and there was a novelization of sorts of Dumb & Dumber (the humor of which was lost in print form).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #348 on: May 29, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »
I didn't know they were making Pokémon Platinum.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #349 on: May 30, 2008, 06:44:41 AM »
You mean developing or publishing?

« Reply #350 on: May 30, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »
One time I dreamed that people can fly when they're naked.

I also had a dream that I was at my grandma's once, and there were a lot of dead deer in her back yard. It was cool. I was reading horror stories before I went to bed which led up to it.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2008, 04:05:21 PM »
I dreamed that I was in a room in varying states of undress as a car drove away outside. The room started out resembling my room, because the curtains that weren't there would have looked exactly like my curtains in real life, but it gradually turned into a dorm room where I spent the night. I woke up the next morning and thought I was naked for several minutes, until I looked down and saw that I was wearing the exact clothes I had fallen asleep in (in real life). I went down an industrial staircase and found a cafeteria strikingly similar to the one I had remembered going to in the Home Alone dream. There, I grabbed the arm of a girl I barely know in real life, calling her by name and believing her to be my soulmate or something. I went back to the room and she waited outside. I put the covers I was actually sleeping under around me like a cape, took off my pants, and floated to the bathroom, only to realize that this was a girls' floor. I wondered how I could have stayed the whole night here without anyone noticing, how I was going to get my stuff back to the floor I was supposed to be on, whether Kelly (the girl waiting outside) would get tired of waiting and leave, and finally I just said "Screw this, I'm opening my eyes."

This next one is even more confusing. In this dream, I had a memory of earlier having had a dream that my dad had a dream where several ghostly women told him that ketchup prices were about to go up, reaching $3.87 per bottle, and he should buy them now at $1.10 per bottle. Outside of that dream, but still in the actual dream, we had recently moved to a new house, vaguely reminiscent of the farm from Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, where my little brothers and sister rode bikes that were each all one solid color. Then my dad really did have a dream where a ghost woman told him to buy ketchup before it got up to $3.87 a bottle, and somehow I could see it. He was skeptical, but I told him to go to the store and if ketchup was $1.10 a bottle now, the dream was true and he should buy lots of ketchup. I came along with him, but before we got to the store, I could tell I was waking up, because everything was starting to fade to the black of the inside of my eyelids. I made my dad drive faster, but by the time we got to the store, I was basically awake. It felt like the dream was trying to tell me something, though it was completely different from what I thought it would tell me, and it faded out like the batteries were dying.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #352 on: May 30, 2008, 05:07:47 PM »
Man, this is such an entertaining thread. I wish I could remember my dreams as clearly as you guys...

One time I dreamed that people can fly when they're naked.
*Commences stripping-down*

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #353 on: May 30, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
I once dreamed that I was able to fly if I connected two frayed wires that came out of my shirt sleeves. I guess this is a good place to link this: http://tem.kontek.net/MyDreams.html

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #354 on: May 31, 2008, 01:18:18 AM »
Paying in light bulbs sounds like a cool idea.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »
Ah, I finally had a dream I could remember, but I didn't remember enough details to write much about it.

The first thing I remember is leaving my party of three while we were sneaking our way through this enormous, dark, and metallic complex for unknown reasons. I'd bet we were after some sort of boss-man. There was a big, tough looking guy (he reminded me of the TF2 Demoman), a acrobatic but well-armored silent girl (I think she was sleeping most of the time), and myself. We had set up camp in what appeared to be the top of a dam; there was a sweeping and smooth metallic surface going down into unknown depths on one side of us, and high walls with windows and outcrops on the other side. I climbed up to a shelf on the walled side of us, and then somehow turned into a morphball, specifically, the morphball created by Samus's Light Suit (Echoes). There I broke several glowing locks with standard morph bombs, and then fell out the other side to a door I had just opened. The door revealed an elevator shaped exactly like a big, red, hamster food pellet. I decided to scout ahead, so I went up.

The details on what I saw up there are hazy, but a guard spotted me, so I went down the elevator again. When I reached the giant empty room, however, it had somehow turned into an auditorium of sorts! Hundreds upon hundreds of people were sitting in chairs where the smooth inclined plane was, and all of them were sleeping. The heavy guy ran up to meet me, and I whispered something about a Centurion coming. He positioned himself on a peninsula-type catwalk that extended from the top of the "auditorium," and I hid myself in the shadows of the wall. Sure enough, some bulky guy in a military uniform came stomping right towards Mr. Broad Shoulders, and tried to grab for him. The big guy did likewise and with some difficulty, started rotating him over the edge of the catwalk. At this point I rushed forward and gave him a mighty kick-- which to my surprise, sent the guard flying past the sleeping people and over the edge of what used to be a dam, onto a hard floor below. I didn't want to imagine what that would do to a person, but I heard an unpleasant "SMACK!" People woke up to this noise, and started looking around in dead silence.

Details become hazy again, but my team snuck swiftly into a shipping and receiving cargo area to escape some mean looking robots. When the door closed behind us, a cutscene started in the previous room: the robots were debating which door we had taken. "Fools!" cried the largest one, "it must be the light cargo area!" One of its associates reasoned, however, that the light cargo door has a pressure pad requiring a weight of 400 kilograms to open it (I wasn't aware of this before the robot said it). "They have a gravity manipulation device, such things mean nothing to them! Get that into your head!" While yelling this, the largest robot had been drilling a hole in the head of the aforementioned associate. I suppose he was manually getting that into his head.

The end of the dream was brought about by yelling downstairs. The layout and appearance of the dam/auditorium stays crystal clear in my mind, however.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »
I'm tempted to write an action movie script based on this dream. Imagine it on the shiny marquee: Suffix Squad and the Auditorium Dam of Robots. How many explosions should I write into the script? 1000? Okay.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »
If you could make sense out of the legion of silent sitting people, then you deserve all the explosions you want.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2008, 12:32:57 PM »
In that case it could be an art film. Then it doesn't even have to make sense, and people will just assume that it has some sort of meaning.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #359 on: May 31, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »
I had a confusing melange of dreams last night. Though they were pretty clear in my memory when I woke up, said time of awakening was too early for me, and by the time I went back to sleep and woke up again, it was all pretty hazy.

Some tidbits:

-There was a huge guy in my house with an equally imposing gun (he was after my dad for some reason). I managed to get on his back and do a sleeper hold.

-Myself and someone else (a friend, maybe--actually there might have been two other people) emptying sideways out of a huge pipe into a gigantic, underground, factory sewer-esque chamber with catawalks and pipes all over the place. I don't know how deep the water was, but I couldn't touch the bottom. Then, two or three alligators showed up! I think one bit me, but it didn't hurt--maybe he just nibbled. In a panic, we somehow managed to get to higher ground. Once up there (myself and one other guy--either the third person got eaten or they just disappeared for no reason), some massive person/creature elsewhere in the room (it was dim--I think I saw something across the room, but I can't be sure) started hostily negotiating the two of us being slaves (had we escaped from factory labor earlier?). Behind us was a row of lightswitches and I thought to myself "oh, man, no way I'm turning off the lights in a place as creepy as this". Also, there was a door I had opened previously which went to someplace that looked like a small attic, complete with stairs down. I was considering it as a potential exit...

Print