Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Petey Piranha officially announced  (Read 16444 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 08:27:56 AM »
I agree with pretty much everything Mr. Meele said.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 10:10:41 AM »
Sonic and Mega Man aren't Nintendo characters.
Snake is just because Kojima asked.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 01:34:41 PM »
Well couldn't Sega and Capcon ask as well?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 03:58:32 PM »
If Paper Mario makes it into Brawl my eyes will surely roll around, glaze over, melt, and I will drink them from a cup. There truly is more reason for Toad to be playable than Paper Mario.
<offtopic>Something interesting they could have done in Melee... hmmm... maybe it isn't too late. Young Link should have had a move to transform between Hylian, Deku, Goron and Zora as in Majora's Mask. It's pretty clear that we'll get no Wolf Link in Brawl and possibly no Young Link at all, but this idea would be pretty cool. Trophy count goes up by nine, yes...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 06:08:26 PM »
possibly no Young Link at all, but this idea would be pretty cool. Trophy count goes up by nine, yes...

Well, I believe they said that Young Link isn't going to return in playable form, replacing him with Wind Waker Link instead. Though, I guess things could have changed since last year.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »
Yuji Naka doesn't work for Sega anymore, although since the whole M&S@tOG thing is going down, I just don't know anymore.
I don't know if Keiji Inafune would want Mega Man in or not.

P.S. In Japan, Mega Man is somehow only played by kids.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 09:24:54 PM »
May I ask who deserves a spot more than Diddy Kong?

Toad
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 09:35:22 PM »
As much as I loved the idea of Toad being playable, I don't think a franchise that already had four characters representing it deserves another over a franchise that only had one so far. Especially if said franchise is as awesome as Donkey Kong.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 09:36:25 PM »
Toad will not be in it, based on the image of Peach using a Mushroom Retainer/Toad as a shield once again in this fight. Thought I wouldn't Toad being playable.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 01:27:46 AM »
Well, I believe they said that Young Link isn't going to return in playable form, replacing him with Wind Waker Link instead. Though, I guess things could have changed since last year.

False french radio rumors ftl.

The same source also said Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch would be replaced with Bowser Jr. and Ridley.

Personally, I don't trust anything if it doesn't come from Sakurai's blog.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 12:51:40 PM »
As much as I loved the idea of Toad being playable, I don't think a franchise that already had four characters representing it deserves another over a franchise that only had one so far. Especially if said franchise is as awesome as Donkey Kong.
I suposed your talking about Mario, which has 6 characters, Dr. Mario, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 01:17:05 PM »
I believe Yoshi is considered his own franchise in the game, possibly due to the different icon than the rest of them.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:40 PM »
Meh. I guess the Mushroom emblem just doesn't fit him (like it fits Bowser, either...).
Edit: You know... every character could have their own unique emblem and victory tune. This obviously won't happen, as Bowser and Mario already share the Mushroom, but it isn't impossible. Mario and Luigi's emblems could be changed to M and L, like Wario's W. Peach could keep the Mushroom, as she rules the kingdom (unless Toad came by and stole it). Bowser's would be that silhouetted face of his, as in SM64 (die.). Yoshi could keep his egg. Mario's victory would stay the same, Luigi's could be from SMB2, Peach has something from SPP that could be used, Bowser could have the classic SMB game over tune, Yoshi's should be changed to SMW level clear music (just because). If Dr. Mario were to stay his emblem would be a Megavitamin. For the Zelda characters, each would have their part of the Triforce filled in with the others empty. Meta-Knight's emblem could be his mask. It'd work, all of it would... there's always something.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:16:45 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 04:41:47 PM »
Toad will not be in it, based on the image of Peach using a Mushroom Retainer/Toad as a shield once again in this fight. Thought I wouldn't Toad being playable.

So I guess that means Peach won't be playable, based on the image of her in a cage held by Petey Pirahna (meaning the stupid girl went and got herself kidnapped. again..)

Don't use such a lame arguement as that. I'm sure that if they were to make Toad playable, then it wouldn't be a problem for him to just happen to share the same colors as the generic retainer that Peach uses as a B move. That's a very narrow minded thing to say anyway, as moves can be changed around. From SSB to SSBM, Link and Ness's B moves became their over+B moves.

The thing that people need to remember about the SSB games is that anything is possible.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 05:12:20 PM »
I assume Peach won't be playable if you decide to rescue Zelda.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print