Print

Author Topic: The 90's  (Read 31484 times)

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2007, 06:39:41 PM »
Generations don't change within decades. Generation X starts back farther than the '80s.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
Oh THAT DK'94.  I like that game.  I've just never heard it called that.

And I figured Picross went in the "else" category, but I had to say it anyway.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2007, 07:31:13 PM »
I thought this current generation is called the iGeneration, or was it MyGeneration? Something like that. It has to do with either the iPod or MySpace.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »
I heard that the generation born after 1995 are the "Millenium kids". That's the furthest I know of. iGeneration would be a cool name for the generation afterwards, though.

Anyway, I don't think I've contributed to this topic yet, so I might as well post something. I was born in 1993, so I got to experience the late 90's. I remember watching stuff like Pokemon, Digimon (which, IMO, was far better than pokemon), Powerpuff girls, Dexter's Labortory, Cow and Chicken and other shows. I wasn't too much into console gaming other than watching my cousin play Crash Bandicoot among other Playstation games ( I honestly thought that Playstation was a Nintendo console). I did have my trusty Game Boy with games like Space Invaders and Kirby's Dreamlad 2 among others. Those were good times.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2007, 09:22:21 PM »
I'd prefer to call this generation One Messed Up Generation, but whatever.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2007, 11:26:55 PM »
I think they haven't come up with a name for it yet.
I sure hope they don't.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2007, 08:42:25 AM »
What about, the 00's?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »
That's our current decade. I think that, in a sense, Generation Y ended on 9/11 because it completely changed a lot of attitudes towards a lot of things. Before that, everyone was sort of cocky; after 9/11, a lot of people were either somber because of the tragedy, thinking no one was allowed to have fun because of it, or completely freaking paranoid and over-patriotic, driving to Wal-Mart in an armored red, white and blue Humvee to buy supplies to stockpile in their basement because the terror scale was red, or something. What I hated most about that was, it wasn't sort of fun, not-really-paranoid paranoia, like with the Y2K bug burninating the world.
every

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2007, 09:04:45 PM »
I thought this current generation is called the iGeneration, or was it MyGeneration? Something like that. It has to do with either the iPod or MySpace.

MyPod? ISpace? MISpace? YPod?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »
None of those "words" have generation in them, so no.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »
There were these barbies...Generation girls. I can't remember if they were from the 90's or not. But it was in a time when I still like Barbie Dolls. I think the gravestone of that girl went something like "PtPeach: Barbie Lover 1993-2004"
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Jman

• Score
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2007, 09:40:35 PM »
Yeah, I remember when wrestling was awesome back in the '90s and even the early '00s.  I stopped watching because everything went to crap.  Then I turned on RAW after all these months only to discover Donald Trump is fighting Vince McMahon in a hair vs hair match at Wrestlemania.  Weird crap, man.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2007, 08:49:53 AM »
Actually, I know people who would probably pay to see that match.

TMK was started in the '90s, if no one has said that yet.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »
Really? I always thought it was started circa 2001, for no particular reason. But this cements the '90s's ('90s'? 9'0z?) reputation as being the best decade since the 1670s. The 1670s were really awesome.
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2007, 02:35:04 PM »
How would you know? you where not in that time!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Print