Print

Author Topic: The 90's  (Read 31484 times)

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2007, 08:20:47 PM »
Naw, that guy doesn't have feathers.  Anyway, wow, I didn't realize how young everyone here was.  I'm from '91.

The thing that I was most upset about in the '90s was when they took Disney Afternoons off the air.  That and Magic School Bus (this was when I was young).  The '90s only rocked because they had Mega Man 4 and the SNES in them.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SPONGEBOB?
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2007, 08:39:12 PM »
I loved the Power Rangers. I loved them all the way up until after Dino Force (in 2005) because then the rest sucked. Now they've got Mystic Force, the police, etc., etc. I don't like them :(

*WARNING: I'm entering extreme fanboy mode*

It's Dino THUNDER, Not Dino Force. Also, it's S.P.D. or Space Patrol Delta, not the police! Also, the series took plunges way before Tommy returned to help kids in New Zealand passing off as americans. Zeo was horribly written, Turbo had the worst transition ever, Lightspeed Rescue is unfavorably bashed for being man-made technology not related to the original rangers, and Wild Force was plagued with horrible acting and writing due to Judd Lynn leaving as head writer.

Also, Ninja Storm sucked for being goofy and cliche though I'll give it some credit for having awesome suits.

Also, I've been saying also too much so I'll stop and say Disney has given me the finger by relegating all things Power Rangers and Saban related to Toon Disney, which I do not have. Screw you Corporate Mouse, I hope you sleep well at night knowing you can't make a good film to save your lives anymore and those that do make money are forced sequels that aren't even close to being as good as the original films.

Ok, I'm done.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2007, 08:53:38 PM »
By saying 'the police', I was referring to the patrol because I forgot what the name was called. Thunder slipped my mind, sorry bout that Mr. Wiggles.

Relating to your post, you got me there. Ninja Force wasn't that great but I liked Wild Force, Time Force, and Lightspeed Rescue. The first season of Power Rangers was nice, although I only watched it the reruns and tapes because the time that it ran was 1993-96, and I wouldn't remember it, because it was from the time I was born up until I was three. I just realized that the Power Ranger seasons that I watched were in the 2000's, besides the tapes of the older ones. This is...embarrassing.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2007, 10:05:13 PM »
Not a lot of Game Boy games are good.
Most of the Mega Man GB games are good. Tetris is good. Not much else. Super Mario Land is decent enough. DK'94, I guess.

So yeah, the '90s were good for like, the SNES and stuff.

Also, calling Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers the "first season" is really funny because it was just the latest sentai show at that time (there had been many before it) and basically they took the Japanese show and made it into something way less cool. Anyway, it really wasn't very "first" at all.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »
In my opinion, the '90s were the best year for arcades, save the late '80s. I remember going to the arcade at the mall and wasting monumental amounts of money on Mortal Kombat II, Crisis Zone (which was better than Time Crisis, in my opinion), Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter, S.T.U.N. Runner and lots of others. The '90s was truly the best decade.
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2007, 10:08:40 AM »
Street fighter! It had to be the best arcade game of that era.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2007, 10:14:03 AM »
You mean Steet Fighter Alpha 3, now that was the best arcade game of that era, with Marvel vs. Capcom 2 at a close second.

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2007, 03:07:07 AM »
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 came out in the '00s, brother! You can't bring dat weak sauce in here. You gots ta play Marvel vs. Capcom ONE.

And you shall lose to my Chun-Li/Morrigan combo of doom.

LP,MK,B,MP,HK  ETERNAL SLUMBER (best move of game)

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2007, 05:59:06 AM »
I find it humorous that most of the comments coming from this thread stating that the '90s was the best ever are coming from people who didn't experiance anything but the '90s, and the latter part at that.  I couldn't say that the '90s are any better or worse than other decades because I only remember the last 4, maybe 5, years of the '90s, and this decade isn't over yet, so I am unable to look at it as a decade, but rather a collection of years.  Okay, I'm done reflecting on a silly thread in a forum full of people that have no interest in my little rants...man I need some sleep...
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2007, 09:48:17 AM »
Yes, you do. But you're right, the '90s was no better than the '80s or '70s. Well, actually, the '70s sucked. Except for the whole, y'know, invention of the modern video game thing.
every

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2007, 04:36:56 PM »
basically they took the Japanese show and made it into something way less cool.

Everytime I hear this line, I laugh. Why? Because it really doesn't matter whether you're watching Sentai or Power Rangers. At the end of the day, you're still watching a Toku show about spandex heroes fighting rubber monsters in cardboard city sets.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2007, 05:20:33 PM »
To think that outclassed a show about a speedy blue hedgehog who was actually cool.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2007, 05:28:55 PM »
I love that phrase. "Was cool."

You know, we're going to have a thread exactly like this in three years. The '00s. Except that no one will know how it should be written, so it'll still be "The 00's".

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2007, 06:33:22 PM »
Yep, soon people will be like, "Dude, remember when cars, like, didn't fly? And when the PS4 didn't directly link your brain into a superadvanced hive mind of brainless zombie slaves? Oh, right, they didn't have the PS4 back then."
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2007, 07:35:10 PM »
To think that outclassed a show about a speedy blue hedgehog who was actually cool.

It didn't. There were many other reasons why it was canned.

Print