Print

Author Topic: The 90's  (Read 31485 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »
I know I'm just a biased fanboy, but there was no good reason to cancel that cartoon.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2007, 12:02:55 AM »
Everytime I hear this line, I laugh. Why? Because it really doesn't matter whether you're watching Sentai or Power Rangers. At the end of the day, you're still watching a Toku show about spandex heroes fighting rubber monsters in cardboard city sets.

Yeah, but I only hate the American part.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2007, 01:15:38 PM »
Man, I never imagined Power Rangers would be this polarizing.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2007, 04:12:22 PM »
To think, I used to love it to death when I was a youngun.

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2007, 06:57:28 PM »
Chup hates the American part? ZOMG Traitor terrorist supporter!!!1111

No seriously, I can see why some people would prefer Sentai to Power Rangers. But you can't tell me with a straight face that Gingaman was better than Lost Galaxy.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »
I never really followed the plot of the show. I just played with the Taco Bell and Burger King kid's toys. Remember those weird metal Digimon trading cards from Taco Bell? Those pwned.
every

Boo_penguin

• Mushroom_Boy's best pal
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »
I born in 1982, so I live all my youth in the 90's , so I can say it rocks.
Discos, videogames, travels, music, girls, all in the 90's. The 00's are boring compared with 90's.
Before I go to bed I always scream "Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now and some girl appears and say  "Come on baby do the loco-motion".

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2007, 01:06:15 AM »
Not a lot of Game Boy games are good.
Most of the Mega Man GB games are good. Tetris is good. Not much else. Super Mario Land is decent enough. DK'94, I guess.

You DARE insult the awesomeness of Mario's Picross?!

And there's no such thing as DK'94.  Related phrases are Windows 95 or DK64.  Unless 94 is just one I've never heard of. (I don't know how that six got turned upside-down)

Oh yeah, and the Virtual Boy was in the '90s.  Virtual Boy pwns.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2007, 01:21:12 AM »
I've heard DK '94 (or maybe '96) called a predecessor to Mario vs. Donkey Kong; the first set of stages is the arcade classic (except that the special moves used to make the later stages easier, such as the backflip, are already usable), followed by stages similar to those that would later be seen in MvDK, except without Mini Marios. Also, if memory serves correctly, it was the first game to have a special color scheme when played on the Super Game Boy.

The '90s had Yoshi.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 01:26:30 AM by donotcare95 »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2007, 02:50:32 PM »
DK'94 is more or less a retelling of the DK arcade game, with over 100 levels of key-to-door manipulation, ape battling, and Pauling-saving. "94 isn't it's official name, it's just called Donker Kong on the title screen and on the box, but we call it '94 to differentiate it from it's arcade predecessor, and because it was released in 1994.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »
Obviously, if Mario's Picross is good, it goes in the "else" category. With not much besides it. Got it?
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2007, 01:31:40 AM »
And obviously too much of the thread was devoted to the other obvious game (or games, evidently) in the "else" category.

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2007, 02:22:22 AM »
I used to watch my dad and my brother and sister play Mortal Kombat. I didn't play, but it entertained me. I was really little back then.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 10:51:04 AM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2007, 08:23:25 AM »
There's a K in "Kombat". Also, due to the fleeting nature of the '90s, I can't write anything else for this thread. Because, y'know, I have a bad memory.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2007, 05:56:03 PM »
I just had a little brainfart: if people in the '80s were Generation X, and '90s kids were Generation Y, then who's Generation Z? And then after that, will we wrap around to Generation A, or will it be Generation Omega (which sounds like a sci-fi RPG) or something like that?
every

Print