Print

Author Topic: <X3 Valentine's Day Thread <X3  (Read 31582 times)

« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »
I still find "cuss" to be weird. I usually say "swear" or "curse".

Though, I've been able to say what I want to say without adding swears in a long time ago. I don't get why people my age insist on dropping the f-bomb in every other sentence. The word is used in the guys' locker room at least over 700 times a day.

What also urks me (as people in #tmk and its various daughter rooms know) is that people start their sentences with the present tense of this word. It has NOTHING to do with the rest of the sentence, it is just there to be there.

For example:
"F-ing, yesterday I was at work when my boss goes "you're fired" and I'm so f-ing p'd."
-OR-
"F-ing you smoke 2 packs a day, HOW CAN YOU RUN THAT FAST?"

I can understand it's in their everyday vocabulary along with other derogatory terms, but using it like that just makes me go AAHHHHH in my head.

Oops, this isn't the ANGST thread...

Note: I tried to censor as best I could while being understandable at the same time. Don't hate me. :P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:36:43 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2007, 09:39:50 PM »
I may be alone in having this opinion, but I'm deathly tired of all of Adicus's posts ending with "this is a kids site ^_O;".

Trust me, you're not alone.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2007, 11:04:41 PM »
Yeah... I find I'm pretty concise without the use of expletives.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2007, 12:07:26 AM »
It's really ridiculous. It's as if everyone in my P.E. class (my only not-honors class as there is not one, what a surprise) has Tourette's Syndrome. A person will say, "F-ing dude it's cold as f-ing H-ll out here, s--t." Confusing, as it's generally believed that Satan's domain is fiery torture. Also, this brand of person also seems to be angry at... everything. For no reason. Like after a fat burrito for lunch we often go to the nearby grocery store where I get some Swiss Cake Rolls, and the people in the alley with food from there (there's no other place to sit, we eat there on occasion) are always throwing things at each other and saying things along the lines of "F- YOU B-!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sadly, most people are like this.
...I'm afraid that I hate most people. What to do...
...Oh right, it's because I live in a realization of Rogueport in the middle of nowhere, basically. Though from what I can gather, many places are like this. Is Canada?
Trust me, you're not alone.
Seconded. The dude's below the suggested age limit, even (I was in the first three weeks of my membership so that's not my complaint, but isn't the comment ironic?).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2007, 12:42:32 AM »
I don't know if playing Phoenix Wright for probably longer than is healthy in one sitting put me in a weird mood or what, but:

"F-ing you smoke 2 packs a day, HOW CAN YOU RUN THAT FAST?"

and

a fat burrito for lunch

both are awesome statements.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »
LD, for some reason I agree. I think I've been playing WarioWare: Smooth Moves too much. When I read "fat burrito" I imagined a burrito with a lump of fat in it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »
My sister teaches at a public school, and the children there, as young as the SECOND grade, cuss like sailors.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Jman

• Score
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2007, 09:25:51 PM »
Yeah, as I've stated before, the world is slowly slipping into the gullet of the Sarlacc.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2007, 09:32:24 PM »
As has someone from every generation ever.
Probably using different terms though.
My point is, the world isn't actually getting worse. You just think it is.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2007, 01:59:53 AM »
Well, by morality standards, I'd say it is.  But otherwise, Chups's right.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2007, 11:17:15 AM »
Although I almost never cuss while in front of people, alone, I cuss so much that if I had a nickel for every cuss word I cussed, I'd have a lot of nickels. Seriously, alone, I stick in the F- and S-words to any phrase just to spice it up. For example:

"What the friend is this falling sock doing here? It's not mine!"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:03:56 PM by Chupperson Weird »
every

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2007, 03:32:13 PM »
Well, by morality standards, I'd say it is.  But otherwise, Chups's right.

Please, it's been that way ever since the Renaissance.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2007, 06:04:44 PM »
The ancient Greeks were complaining about morality standards too.
That was a joke.

« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2007, 02:41:43 AM »
And the weird thing is, it never actually goes anywhere. Try to think of something that we do "worse" than Greeks or anybody in the past ever. I mean, the Greeks had public gladiator fights and we can't show a boobie on cable TV.

« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2007, 09:31:28 AM »
And the weird thing is, it never actually goes anywhere. Try to think of something that we do "worse" than Greeks or anybody in the past ever. I mean, the Greeks had public gladiator fights and we can't show a boobie on cable TV.

Boobie. XD XD. Sorry, I'm being childish. O RLY Lizard Dude? Cause I was flipping through channels one day and I saw something...disturbing...on cable TV.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print