Print

Author Topic: The Harry Potter Thread *spoilers possible*  (Read 17592 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2007, 08:29:10 PM »
There would just be different confrontation for the next Potter and Weasley generation.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »
I'm sorry.
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2007, 10:16:55 PM »
...Not sure if this is quite significant a post, but it made me laugh...

http://www.idle-hams.com/images/2007-09-to-2007-12/hogwartshighdrama.png
Go Moon!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
Well... Dumbledore's gay. Now what?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 06:03:15 PM »
As BirdPerson would gladly tell you, it means Snape was a Republican.

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 06:41:46 PM »
BirdPerson doesn't seem to be aware that homosexual Republicans exist.

They do.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »
Well... Dumbledore's gay. Now what?

Now I lose even more respect for J.K. Rowling as a writer.

Not because she created a homosexual character, but because she basically threw it out as some throwaway detail after the series has ended, practically keeping it hidden from everyone and never going anywhere with it. Not that it matters, since Dumbledore as a character was just some old fart who'd speak in tongues to Harry and then dies at the hands of Snape in what turns out to be the biggest deux ex machina in a long time.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 08:39:28 PM »
BirdPerson doesn't seem to be aware that homosexual Republicans exist.

They do.

Snape was a stereotypical Republican.

Actually, Melee, didn't she have to bring it up because of the implication that Dumbledore loved a girl was going to be in the script for the Half-Blood Prince movie? It was something like that...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:41:07 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 09:08:33 PM »
Melee

Methinks you've been spending too much time in the chatroom. That was Mr. Wiggles, not Mr. Melee.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 09:50:27 PM »
Oops! I beg your pardon...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 10:11:15 PM »
I don't like it when writers or artists in general don't leave whatever isn't specifically laid out in their material up to the viewer's imagination or interpretation.

Also I think this is just to create a buzz so the movies get free advertising. It revived this thread after all!

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 10:21:14 PM »
Eh, I do find it odd that she announced it when the book that told of his death was released over a year or so ago.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007, 07:26:17 PM »
TEM, she did leave it to the imagination until the moviemakers tried to mess up her view of her creation and then someone specifically asked her about Dumbledore's love life in a public forum.

Totally fair, if you ask me, since the issue was pressed by other people both times.

Since she was talking about movie 6, you could also say that Dumbledore is only gay in the film universe, and assumed straight or unknown in the book universe.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »
It's just a publicity thing, I'm sure; she probably figured she'd make even more cash as gays descend upon bookstores to pick up the whole series. Why didn't she just change the entire series in one adlib remark and say Harry was a woman? Sales among preteen girls would skyrocktet!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »
I believe that her comments only meant that that was how she thought of Dumbledore when writing the books. It does not change the books at all.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print