Print

Author Topic: Confess!  (Read 143169 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 10:43:07 PM »
1000 Oceans, Sacred, World Behind My Wall, Darkside of the Sun, Dogs Unleashed, Ready Set Go, and Zoom Into Me are also quite good, plagiarized or not.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 08:42:34 AM »
Plagiarized, eh? As in Dogs Unleashed = Who Let the Dogs Out? Well, in their defense, they are technically a foreign band.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
No, like the riffs and whatnot are often remarkably close copies of other songs or (this isn't bad) just sound really familiar but you can't quite figure out what it sounds exactly like.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »
I'm often of the paranoid/pessimistic mindset that, at some point in history, every possible appealing combination of notes was exhausted, and now we're all just running on subtle variations of the same catchy themes (but hey, given the way the rap/radio/recording industry works, can you really blame me?). I mean, if it hasn't happened yet, though, it has to happen eventually. Heck, I've tried writing a few songs myself--the lyrics are certainly unique, but too often a tune I think I've come up with is really just based on some riff or chorus from a ditty in the recesses of my memory.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 08:35:25 PM »
The musical foundations of humanity go so far back that it's positively inevitable to come up with music that's similar to something else whether you've heard it or not.
People like Schoenberg and the later serialists were pretty convinced that everything tonal had been done, and that's where atonal music comes from (and generally doesn't contain many "appealing combinations" of notes). So in essence, you're correct.
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 10:32:07 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 08:02:54 AM »
Well, it I guess it'll always come down to the same thing: If I like a song, I'll listen to it.

In other news: This should come as a surprise to absolutely no-one, but I think I have a possibly unhealthy obsession with Ivy.

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
Welcome to the club.

But I get the feeling Ivy isn't your only obsession.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »

Yeah, I've heard he's pretty big on stamp-collecting as well.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 08:06:32 AM »
Well, there's that one too but, once again, not the world's best-kept secret. :)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »
I have a ton of scholarships I should probably be applying for right now. I've got all the necessary stuff in some cases, info to get it in others, and the only reason I'm not doing it is procrastination.

Also, this used to be my (centered) wallpaper, but I had to change it because every timed I looked at it, all I could think was "man, Saria's got back..."

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2009, 09:24:55 PM »
[dukar] man, Saria isn't legal.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »
Even thought that's undoubtedly the reason why you changed it, I still couldn't help but comment and laugh. 
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »
For what it's worth, she looks older in that art.

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2009, 02:45:55 PM »
Pfft. That's what they all say.

Print