Print

Author Topic: The AMBIVALENT Thread: Have Mixed Feelings Here!  (Read 31537 times)

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
I'm converting to vegetarianism. To what extent though, I'm not really sure. Right now I'm avoiding any meat and flesh, but not like broth or milk or anything like that.  It's going to be an interesting first month.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2012, 10:11:13 AM »
Began working at a dollar store yesterday.

Everything still hurts from standing for eight hours.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2012, 01:14:17 PM »
It'll do that.

How often do you get customers asking you for price checks?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »
None so far, incredibly enough. Mind you, the items range in price from two-for-a-dollar to three dollars. It's a dollar store in spirit only.

Also, the manager urged us to "put down our hours" so we get paid for them, but he didn't specify when or where to do that.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 01:43:25 PM »
I suggest investing in some good walking shoes.  I've found New Balance to be good, but S.A.S. to be the best.  Some inserts might help, but aren't a replacement for good shoes.  For best results go for the least restrictive lightest weight walking shoe.  Steer clear of running and dress shoes.  Compression socks might also help.  You might also want to consider a low dose aspirin and fish oil.  These will increase circulation while decreasing inflammation. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
Stores with "Dollar" in the name that are not actually dollar stores are one of my pet peeves.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Hello:)

• Goodbye:(
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »
There was a fire near me. However, it didn't reach us. Thank god.
And now it's behind some houses.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:50:53 PM by Hello:) »
Good sir

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 02:47:37 AM »
I recently bought Sonic 4: Episode I for my phone.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

Red Lewd Uganda

• A Link to the Post
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »
I recently saw a person with albinism in public, and my first thought was to reach for a Poké Ball. Is that wrong?
Ante up.

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »
There's no "wrong" when it comes to shinies, son.

Red Lewd Uganda

• A Link to the Post
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2012, 01:37:04 AM »
I love this sort of thing, but note the contrast between North and South Korea. :(

Lastly, note the unusual bright spot over Williston, North Dakota. Drill, baby! Drill!
Ante up.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »

Neutral for the Win!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2013, 05:13:45 PM »
Ah! "Bigot" is spelled wrong, thus the argument is invalid and will be ignored in favor of more self-serving "logic."

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 05:50:39 AM »
I've been consuming under 1000 calories per day this week, but can't bring myself to do any meaningful exercise. Being hungry all the time probably doesn't help.

Aldo, I haven't slept in 27 hours, perhaps due partially to the hunger. My eyes are like hot coals.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:58:07 AM by Weegee »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 05:27:06 PM »
Both dieting and exercise get easier the longer you do them routinely without giving up. And it's easier to not give up if you just do what's within your reach and eat better and better/work out harder and harder as you can and not try to just be where you want to be all at once. Starving yourself like that is probably not the best idea...

Related, I'm just getting back into exercising now because being awake so many hours a day sees me getting hungry and eating more than I did. I hadn't been getting any exercise in months but never gained any weight back because I ate so little and so well. I don't want the weight back and don't want to stop Everymanning so I made a barbell out of some water-filled milk jugs, a wooden curtain rod and electrical tape and am doing sit-ups and squats. Covers just about all the bases.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print