Print

Author Topic: Your Ideal Mario Game  (Read 2312 times)

« on: August 19, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
As Mario fans, I'm sure we have all thought of what we would like to see in a Mario game.  This topic is for people to just discuss what would be awesome in a game for Mario (not having to star Mario).

It can be a sports game, platformer, RPG, whatever.  Post your ideas here.

This is my signature.  Aren''t I freakin'' creative?        
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 06:07:21 PM »
There could be a Mario karaoke where you could sing hits from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and beyond. There should be a sequel to DDR:MM called Mario's Pokabration where Mario (and you) dances to Poka hits with the famous Mr. Pillar. Those are just some of the ideas.

"It''ll come to you in a month in a plain brown wrapper with no return address."-Gene Rayburn

Edited by - Tingrio on 8/22/2005 4:10:01 PM
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 07:06:15 PM »
I would like to see Mario return to his roots.  More 2D platforming like SMB, SMB3 and SMW with simultaneous multiplayer.  In other word, New Super Mario Bros. DS.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 08:16:49 PM »
Isn't the simultaneous multiplayer only in a mode where you make Mario and Luigi race through special courses?

_______
j00r 73h r0x0r, d00d!
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 03:54:43 PM »
Some sort of game in which Mario must relive his prior adventures, with a 3D perspective of the world. Or an adventure in which two Mario characters team up, each with their own unique abilities.

"It's impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 06:12:13 PM »
Ditto what Red Paratroopa said.  I hope SM 128 will be like that.  But also I would love to see more games like PM2 because, holy cow!  That game is packed with great retro SMB content!  I seriously think that more Mario games should be like that.

Another thought: Mario Mix needs more playable characters and maybe songs from SMRPG and Yoshi's Island.  I really wanted to see Yoshi, DK, and Peach in the game but I guess they won't be (acording to what I've heard so far.  Maybe putting females in it would make it an E-10 rating?).  I wonder why Nintendo does stuff like that.  Are these just little mistakes or are they really big flaws so they can improve these things in sequels?  I hope that's not the case.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 8/22/2005 5:14:10 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 06:22:03 PM »
I would totally love to see Reds First idea. I think that that is a great plan. I would love to see a game that would inclue the Racoon Mario again, or at least firery Mario.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 08:01:04 PM »
That would be awesome.  And I second Red Paratroopa's idea on the more PM2 kinda thing as well.

More Chain Chomps.

Ummm…Signature…?
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Print