Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142596 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #630 on: June 23, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »
I think it's sad you've gotta buy that piece o' crud just to get a Manaphy (doesn't that sound like it should be an elephant?)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #631 on: June 23, 2007, 06:02:31 PM »
Is it me, or does Manaphy look like a Chao? Not that I have a problem with Chao. In fact, I used to raise them.

Meanwhile, I transferred a Snorlax from LuigiGreen to Pearl and bred it so I could get Munchlax. I also caught a Magby that was holding a Magmarizer so I can get Magmortar tomorrow. Heh. My boyfriend complains that I have luck with hold items, but I say he has luck with shinys...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #632 on: June 23, 2007, 06:12:56 PM »
I think it's sad you've gotta buy that piece o' crud just to get a Manaphy
I kinda have to agree, except I haven't played Pokemon Ranger, so I wouldn't know if it was bad or not.  I agree with you because I don't plan on buying that game.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #633 on: June 23, 2007, 06:26:52 PM »
N64 Chick, did you get the Snorlax kitchen timer?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #634 on: June 23, 2007, 09:27:29 PM »
Yup. I also got the Color Changer because I got a Kecleon from my boyfriend some time ago. Now my Pokétch display is a lovely shade of purple.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #635 on: June 23, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »
I really wish I could find my brother's Ruby version so that I could get Regigigas.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #636 on: June 26, 2007, 12:13:27 AM »
WarpRattler, I can't remember if you have a proper wifi connection or not, but Regigigas is one of the Legendaries that I do not care for. I would just give him to you permanently if it weren't for the fact that other people are undoubtedly seeking it. I'd settle for a temporary swap.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #637 on: June 26, 2007, 12:39:19 AM »
Hmm...Mac (I'm so tired of typing "my boyfriend") and I seem to have run into a bit of a problem. He can't decide if he should get me Ruby or Emerald.

The way I see it, getting Ruby will result in missing out on Pineco, Gligar, Shuckle, Teddiursa and all their evolutions. A total of seven Pokémon. But assuming that my research is correct, getting Emerald will only result in having one Pokémon missing, Zangoose.

If we had wi-fi, this wouldn't be an issue. Curses...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #638 on: June 26, 2007, 01:02:36 AM »
You know you have to go for the third one of the generation. That's where you get all the unfair advantages. Zangoose isn't that great anyway.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #639 on: June 26, 2007, 07:00:34 AM »
Suffix, I'm well aware of the fact that Regigigas isn't very good. But I still don't have WFC access (something that may be fixed very soon, depending on if my brother actually plays Pearl or not), and if I have the three golems, my brother doesn't have a chance of getting him, because there's no way I'm trading him 3 legendaries unless he's giving me something good (which he won't be able to until late in the game, because his FireRed guys will get me the earlier legendaries).

N64 Chick, from what I've heard, the insane amount of extra stuff in Emerald, plus the fact that you can catch Groudon and Kyogre, means that you really shouldn't care about Zangoose.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:43:08 PM by WarpRattler »

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #640 on: June 26, 2007, 10:34:46 AM »
Yeah. I figured that Emerald was the way to go. As for Zangoose, a trip or two to McD's can probably fix that problem. I'll let Mac know.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #641 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »
I have all three versions from the third generation.  BTW, N64 Chick, get Emerald; I say this for the reasons WrapRattler has already stated.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #642 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:16 PM »
Um, I'm not sure how to get on-topic, but does anyone EV train with their Pokemon?

If yes, then can I get some advice on which stat to EV train?

I'm 105/252 when EV training my speed stat, but I want to know what other stat to EV train. Would it be better to train Defense to be more of a tank, or Sp. Attack to be more of a sweeper?

Yeah, about the anime, I actually like the new voices more than the old ones.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:33:26 PM by Aarom11 »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #643 on: June 26, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »
With EVs, I often like to exaggerate certain stats a Pokémon has. For instance, Morticia, my main Gengar, would normally have a high Special Attack. To emphasize this trait, she slaughtered-- I mean, wiped out-- I mean-- whatever. She destroyed her brethren to gain massive Special Attack. She usually gained +7 to her Special Attack every time she leveled up.

And Kojinka, you can keep the egg I loaned. I was bored yesterday and got a new one! And it was so easy (see: lucky) this time, that I might just try for another one!

« Reply #644 on: June 30, 2007, 08:39:40 PM »
*singing* Say you want a Battle Revolution~!

I got Pokemon Battle Revolution today! Yay! And I can get my Pokemon over to the console again! Double yay! My Custom Pass is the Cool Girl with silver hair and those pretty black sandals that remind me of the ones I had and loved so much before the velcro wore out.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print