Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142548 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #660 on: July 11, 2007, 05:07:05 PM »
I'm pretty much on Lizard Dude's side, though I like using the Mew Glitch and Missingno on occasion... I was only offering, if you don't mind it being synthetic and everything.
Now what I want to see next are Wi-Fi-enabled DS remakes of Gold and Silver. Those I'd enjoy playing. It seems to me that generation II didn't get enough attention... it's like nobody cares about it because it wasn't first and therefore not as nostalgic, but not advanced enough. Come on! Generation II, which let you explore two regions, which let you earn sixteen badges, which let you meet up with all the important generation I characters three year after. Gold, Silver and Crystal were COOL games. Add the generation III-IV elements to make it work, throw in ways to catch some of the not-as-cool-as-the-first-two-sets generation III Pokémon and monstrosities from IV after beating the Elite Four (waiting until after beating Red is probably too long) as well as the ability to migrate from GBA games and trade with Diamond and Pearl, nearby or via Wi-Fi... I'd be a happy camper. Trading with other... Glistening Gold and Shimmering Silver... players any time from the start of the game would be a given. Who agrees with me?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #661 on: July 11, 2007, 08:34:34 PM »
Glistening Gold and Shimmering Silver, eh? I would totally get Shimmering Silver so I can be reunited with my beloved Lugia...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #662 on: July 11, 2007, 09:10:23 PM »
Lugia was cool. Those titles... are pretty bad, but I'm sure the title department could come up with something better. The ideas, I like... I wish I could be involved with the fourth generation without being bored. Diamond, I found pretty boring in comparison with Gold.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #663 on: July 12, 2007, 11:34:19 AM »
I'd get both, since I didn't get Gold Version (I'm trying to find it at my local VG stores), I have the Silver Version already, but I can't get enough Lugia.

Oh, if they rerelease the second generation, get the Safari Zone back in (I read that it was going to be in G/S/C, but there wasn't enough cartridge space or something like that)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #664 on: July 13, 2007, 05:17:14 AM »
I'd probably end up pirating it or them, to be honest. I'm not rich right now--I have approximately one hundred dollars I can spend, which must be saved to ensure I can get Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl on their release days. I will probably also get Mario Kart (by which time I'll have Christmas and possibly even birthday money), and there's something else I'm wanting to buy that is fifty dollars. It'd be better this way anyhow... I can always move the save files to my computer and start new ones without trashing the old ones with ROMs and all.
Don't worry about me cheating my way to holding the deed to the universe. I wouldn't use the Diamond and Pearl save editor to cheat even if I could--how do you trade when both games are in the same DS? Ha ha ha ha. I'd enjoy it just fine with what's there.

You can get Lugia in Gold, with the Silver Wing from Pewter and the ability to face it in all its level 70-ness. That didn't make sense to me, that the almighty bird on the box is catchable about halfway through Johto while the other is the big boss you get after making it to Kanto.
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #665 on: July 13, 2007, 11:38:42 AM »
True. But the level 70 Lugia won't have its trademark move Aero Blast. Same thing happens with Ho-oh and Sacred Fire.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #666 on: July 14, 2007, 11:17:42 AM »
 While I only read a portion of the cheating discussion, I thought I'd just add my opinion. I've always been against it. The use of the Missingno glitch to obtain infinite Rare Candies in the original R/B/Y was something all of friends would use way back in high school, and I could never understand it. Even when we got Pokemon Stadium which had Dodrio mode, which drastically sped up legitimate training, they would still take the Rare Candy shortcut. It's the same with the outright cheating with the new-fangled devices. There's just no satisfaction, or gratification in doing that. It completely defeats what I envision as the purpose of the game but I digress. I completely realize that those who don't see it that way will not suddenly come around because some guy on the internet disagrees with them.

My co-workers and friends on campus have taken to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and have started raising competitive teams. I've also been working on a team in what little spare time I have, and so I thought I'd see who here also has, or plans on raising a (preferably legitimate) competitive team. If there are enough people here, perhaps we could organize a sort of tournament for the end of the summer. Just an idea, but for now I'd like to see who all is interested in that sort of thing.

« Reply #667 on: July 14, 2007, 12:04:15 PM »
I wish I could, but I only beat 4 gym leaders so far and I fear I would never be able to force myself to get six level 100s. Would it be a level 100 tournament?

When that guy tried to start a MKDS tournament, there basically weren't enough people (8?) willing to go online.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #668 on: July 14, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »
Don't forget that you can opt for a Level 100 match, in which Pokémon are automatically leveled up as many times as necessary to reach Level 100. This, of course, doesn't account for EVs, so you still have to train to some extent.

But using a Lucky Egg, I am slowly getting people up to Level 100 just in case that gives them an edge. I really don't know if it would.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #669 on: July 14, 2007, 12:32:34 PM »
 As far as what my friends on campus and I are doing, it's level 100, yeah. That doesn't have to be the case here, though. I really was just interested in seeing what members, if any, would be interested in any sort of battling since I'll be doing this for other reasons as well. Definitely doesn't have to be anything formal, like a tournament. That's just a possibility.

It's up to any one who wants to play. If people want to invoke a level 100 rule, a level 50 rule, or anything else I'm okay with that. However, as far as WiFi battling goes on the DS, I think those are the only two options (And as Suffix has said, they scale automatically). I've only done it to check IVs, so I'm not exactly well versed in the WiFi options available. Perhaps someone else knows for certain?

It really comes down to what everyone else wants. I know there's a lot of members here who have the game, but I have absolutely no clue how serious anyone is about it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:34:18 PM by Black Mage »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #670 on: July 14, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »
This is one of the reasons I really want generation II remakes... I'd love to be involved with the Wi-Fi matches and all, but nnnngh.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #671 on: July 15, 2007, 08:25:41 PM »
I have about 3 level 100s, and two of them are in the uber/legendary tier.

But I am working on my Skuntank, Roserade, Staraptor, and almost everyone from my old teams.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #672 on: July 15, 2007, 10:12:36 PM »
Well, I caught Mewtwo in LuigiGreen even though my party was only at level 60. All it took was a save, two resets, three fainted Pokémon and ten Ultra Balls. I guess the only thing that is left to catch and transfer is the legendary dog...and I am not looking forward to doing that. I feel so burnt out right now...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #673 on: July 21, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »
Who did you use the master ball on in that game?  I used mine on Mewtwo.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #674 on: July 21, 2007, 09:03:48 AM »
My Master Ball in Pearl is safe and sound. So is the one in LuigiGreen though I'm considering using it on the dog...if I ever see it...

Print