Poll

Which of the following do you believe has, does, or will exist, or is true?

Good luck
4 (0.6%)
Aliens
22 (3.2%)
Angels
29 (4.2%)
Bigfoot
6 (0.9%)
Demons
23 (3.3%)
Elves
5 (0.7%)
Ghosts
19 (2.7%)
Heaven
40 (5.8%)
Hell
38 (5.5%)
Living dinosaurs today
6 (0.9%)
Leprechauns
6 (0.9%)
Loch Ness Monster
13 (1.9%)
The Trinity
6 (0.9%)
Mermaids
4 (0.6%)
Moth Man
2 (0.3%)
Other dimensions (as in worlds)
15 (2.2%)
The possibility of teleportation
10 (1.4%)
UFOs
19 (2.7%)
Yetis
4 (0.6%)
Santa Claus
8 (1.2%)
Chewbacca
5 (0.7%)
Vampires
3 (0.4%)
Satan
26 (3.8%)
Fairies
5 (0.7%)
Miracles
18 (2.6%)
ESP
9 (1.3%)
None of these things
1 (0.1%)
Prophetic dreams/visions
22 (3.2%)
Telepathic connections
10 (1.4%)
Witches/Witchcraft
10 (1.4%)
Hobbits
1 (0.1%)
Multiple gods
4 (0.6%)
Atlantis
6 (0.9%)
Nirvana
3 (0.4%)
Speaking in tongues
8 (1.2%)
Greek legends
2 (0.3%)
Luigi in SM64 (don't even!)
8 (1.2%)
Magic
9 (1.3%)
Sesame Street
6 (0.9%)
Spontaneous combustion
9 (1.3%)
Fate
11 (1.6%)
Unicorns
2 (0.3%)
Griffins
2 (0.3%)
Fawns
2 (0.3%)
Dragons
7 (1%)
Tanukis
5 (0.7%)
Phoenixes
3 (0.4%)
Pegasus
2 (0.3%)
Jesus as God's son
24 (3.5%)
The Rapture
12 (1.7%)
Love at first site
11 (1.6%)
Soul mates
13 (1.9%)
Superstition as real
4 (0.6%)
Limbo
7 (1%)
Reincarnation
6 (0.9%)
Fountain of Youth
6 (0.9%)
Time travel
12 (1.7%)
Werewolves
2 (0.3%)
Centaurs
1 (0.1%)
Zombies
3 (0.4%)
The Apocalypse
14 (2%)
The existence of the missing link(s)
7 (1%)
The possibility of world peace
8 (1.2%)
Girls on the internet!
21 (3%)
Bob
9 (1.3%)
Bob's mom
5 (0.7%)
Gaia
2 (0.3%)
Future mass extinction
7 (1%)
Human cloning without side affects
6 (0.9%)
Purgatory
3 (0.4%)
Alternate realities
5 (0.7%)
Voodoo
2 (0.3%)
Evil curses
3 (0.4%)
Absolutes
4 (0.6%)
Relativity of knowledge
3 (0.4%)
The Secret Page
6 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Print

Author Topic: I Don't Believe It!  (Read 92002 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2006, 08:34:12 AM »
I believe in Gummi travel. I also believe that the Heartless and the Nobodies exist.

« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2006, 12:16:12 PM »
CW and LD: *smashes head on desk and then desk on head*

Edit: What are you talking about, The Chef?  Are these real things or just a joke?  I'd like to know if they are real things.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 02:07:58 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2006, 02:04:27 PM »
I thought that there was no such thing as purgatory. ('m a Luthern)

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2006, 03:41:55 PM »
The Chef is talking about stuff from Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts 2.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2006, 08:00:46 PM »
Yeah, I was only joking. I'm a bit of Kingdom Hearts fan and I just got my hands on a copy of KH2.

« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2006, 08:51:53 PM »
I thought that there was no such thing as purgatory. ('m a Luthern)

Well since I'm Catholic, I believe in it. And I've noticed I'm the only one that's voted for it.

« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2006, 09:40:47 PM »
I finally made my votes.

I'm also Catholic, and I also believe in Purgatory.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2006, 12:47:09 PM »
Whoever is adding options to the list... thank you for that.  It must be God! :)

I don't believe in purgatory because I believe that Jesus suffered more than enough so that those who follow Him won't have to after they die, and there's enough suffering in the world already.  This is just what I believe.

I thought of another option to add!  How about this?  "Nintendo is and always will be the best!"  Or maybe a better one would be "The Holy Grail," "The Ark of the Covenant," and other things in movies like Indianna Jones (about if these things exist today).  I don't know anything about this stuff right now.  "Oh yes-a.  We gotta holy grail!  It's-a very noss!" "What?  Ah you sure?" "(I told him we already got one!)"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 01:01:01 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2006, 03:06:25 PM »
I noticed that the Tooth Fairy isn't up there.
....you never know.

« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2006, 07:14:47 PM »
I don't believe in purgatory because I believe that Jesus suffered more than enough so that those who follow Him won't have to after they die, and there's enough suffering in the world already.  This is just what I believe.

But if there's no purgatory, wouldn't that mean that someone who commits a lot of venial (comparatively minor) sins in his life and doesn't repent of them, but does repent of any mortal (serious) sins he may have committed, will go straight to heaven after he dies, just like a saintly person who tries as hard as he can not to commit any sins and repents of every sin that he does commit?

(I apologize if that sentence is too long or hard to understand. I will rephrase it if you need me to.)

« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2006, 07:54:03 PM »
The Chef: I discovered the truth about the tooth fairy yesterday.  You may not like what you hear! >=)+)

smfan1085: No, that's alright I got it (after reading it a couple times XD).Hmm, that's an interesting question.  But I think that instead of repenting of only some things, most people would repent of all their sins (from their whole lives) and ask God to help them stop and create new, good habbits.  And I believe that God wants everyone to be able to come to Heaven, so he would remind people to repent of things before they die if He wanted to and the people cared about it.  Even if someone screws up repeatedly, God can still forgive anyone for anything as long as they keep trying, keep asking for His help to change, and really want to live differently. (I know this is possible because I've seen how He's slowly changed me after much prayer and hard work, and there's no way I could have done it by myself for long.  Sorry I keep saying this stuff all the time but it's hard for me not to. :^_^).  Out on the ocean floor.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:59:28 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2006, 08:15:48 PM »
YSR: Just to make sure you know this, Catholics believe purgatory to be the place where people who still bear guilt from minor sins (and serious sins that they've already repented of but still not atoned for completely) stay for a certain period of time, depending on the amount of sins they committed, and are finally let out to be with God in heaven. According to the Catholic Church, anyone who's in purgatory will certainly get to heaven eventually.

The only reason I said this is because I wasn't sure from your last post whether or not you knew that Catholics believed that people in purgatory went to heaven. It could be that I didn't read your post carefully enough, though. I hope that's not the case.

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2006, 10:26:05 AM »
I'm sorry,  I guess I didn't know that (or forgot)!  When I looked up the word in the dictionary I only caught the part about suffering so I thought it was just about that and nothing else.  I need to learn more about what people of certain religions believe so I can know more about this (and not sound like a big idiot sometimes XD).  Thanks for telling me!  What else do Catholics believe in? I hope that doesn't sound rude, I just want to know. If there's too much to say, you don't have to say it.

Is there anything mentioned in the Bible about purgatory or is it just in the Catholic Bible? Is it believed that purgatory is a place that everyone goes to or just the saints who go marching in?  And how does someone know if they atoned for their sins?  Is their a certain rule or ritual that needs to be done?

(Personally, I believe that God can completely remove our guilt, shame, and regrets on Earth if we trust Him, and believe that He has forgiven us and already went through the punishment that everyone deserves.  But if we can't remove all of our guilt here for some reason then He could definitely do it right away in Heaven.  Which I guess is kind of likee purgatory.  But to wait outside Heaven for that long would probably drive me crazy!  I prefer to think about the unknown great rewards that people will receive for their kind actions in life.) 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 02:22:39 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2006, 03:10:39 PM »
I was taught in my church, "all your sins are forgiven."

"May the force be with you"
"And also with you"

« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2006, 06:08:51 PM »
I thought Purgatory was the place where you go before you get to Heaven. Like for your sins and stuff, and that's why we go to Confession...right. I don't think it's a place for suffering, just a place that's not Heaven.

Print