Poll

Picking a maximum of two, what (is/are) your favorite Mario franchise pairing(s)?

Mario and Peach
Wario and Peach
Luigi and Daisy
Waluigi and Daisy
Other (Please do specify in your post!)
(Added) Luigi and Peach
(Added) Bowser and Peach
(Added) Mario and Daisy
(Added) Toad and Toadette
(Added) Mario and Pauline
(Added) Yoshi and Birdo
(Added) Wario and Mona
Print

Author Topic: A rather cooky question: What's your favorite Mario pairing?  (Read 12621 times)

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2006, 07:51:14 PM »
btw, I think 'cooky' is spelt 'kooky'.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2006, 02:53:23 PM »
What's wrong with homosexuality?

Is there going to be another arguement on this topic again? I think it's just plain wrong.

Anywho I like the Mario/Peach and Luigi/Daisy pairings.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 02:56:24 PM »
I dont' know, I choose Toad and toadette, if they're not related. If they are, I like Mario/Peach and Luigi/Daisy

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 03:51:38 PM »
I just don't see why, if we're not sticking to the implied couples in the games, this topic is a poll and not just a topic.  And I thought it was weird to only extend the list as far as it was extended if you were going to extend the list at all.  I guess the fact that none of the characters are actually homosexual prevents any pairings like that from happening, but then, when is Daisy going to get together with Waluigi in an actual game either?  And then there's the whole Birdo thing... but that was just some weird translation mistake or something.  My point is, if a poll is asking for a favorite Mario pairing, it's incomplete to vote for a pairing that doesn'ty exist.  With the poll the way it is, it may as well be "which Mario characters would be cutest together?" or something.  But I'm just acting really picky and shouldn't care too much about trivial things like the amount of pairs on a poll on a message board about video games.

To be on topic, I prefer Daisy with Luigi because they offer an idea of what they'd be like together.  Luigi is shy and unnoticed, and Daisy is loud and joyful.  You can imagine what it'd be like with them together.
Mario and Peach, on the other hand, don't have much chemistry.  I mean, Mario saves the princess, but that's not much different than a policeman saving an innocent person from a fire or something.  It seems like a nice gesture, I guess, but nothing happens aftwerwards, except Mario gets kissed.  At least at the end of Super Mario 64, he takes off his hat in her presence and blushes.  Then Peach has a cute little pause between, "let's bake a delicious cake" and "...for Mario."  It seems like the magic or unspoken bond between them is missing nowadays.  I guess they went golfing together at the introduction to Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, but that also seemed like a mutual invitation, as they simply golfed.  I guess they cheered each other on.  I wanna see some action, or some sort of implication of some sort of togetherness!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »
I thought I sensed a little bit of that magical bond between them at the end of PM2.  I expected them to hug or hold hands.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2006, 10:16:45 PM »
Eh, I dunno. I have to agree, Mario and Peach really don't have many of those small, 'magic', romantic moments, even compared to what they used to have. Of course, working that into the barrage of sport and Mario Party games probably isn't easy ...  ::)

Daisy and Luigi do make a cute couple, there's no doubt about that. And you could deffinatly see them together. But see, I also could see Daisy and Waluigi together, as quirky as it sounds to alot of people. See, now, for expample, both of them are confident and pretty outgoing. Granted, Waluigi's a bit rude, cranky and bitter, but see, I think that Daisy would unlock his softer side. Honestly, I've thought up so many sweet, romantic scenes for those two ...

On another note, I'd extend the poll farther, except there's just too many possibilities if you really wanted to get technical or whatever about it all

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 02:34:30 AM »
Mario+Goombella!  It'll never happen, but you know she wants it.  Bad. 
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 08:17:33 AM »
What about Mario+Flurrie, Mario+Vivian or Mario+Ms.Mowz?

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2006, 11:53:11 AM »
Mario's a lady's man. Like me! Okay, not really, but he's recieved affection from every female partner he's gotten besides Sushi the fish, if I remember right.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2006, 12:36:13 PM »
mmmmm, Sushi, SushieBoy!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2006, 02:48:25 PM »
Mario's a lady's man. Like me! Okay, not really, but he's recieved affection from every female partner he's gotten besides Sushi the fish, if I remember right.

Lol ... Man. That's true. O.o Peach is lucky he's not the kind of guy to take advantage of that. ....
... >.<; Mario's a Lady's man. That's a new one.

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2006, 02:48:46 PM »
I picked Luigi and Daisy.  And Mario and Peach too, simply because it's a common situation.

Yeah, I'm just that boring.

Print