Print

Author Topic: Cut the drama.  (Read 3080 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:13:05 PM »
Seriously, it's like every single post I read on this sub-forum is either fuzzy making some semi-intrusive observation about something, or another member telling fuzzy to stop making these observations. Enough.

@fuzzy: There's a reason people are telling you to stop wording your opinions as you do. Most of the time, you're missing the "proof" part of your arguments, instead acting like the proof is assumed and insinuating that other people are unintelligent for not seeing as plainly what you do. When you give an opinion, you should back it up (the more extreme your opinion is, the more backing you generally need), and not condescend upon others when they disagree with you.

@Everyone else: I get the point. The entire forum gets your point. I'm tired of every thread becoming a fuzzy-bash. There's a PM function -- if you have a beef with what fuzzy or anyone else on these boards say, take it up via PM instead of running through three pages of how people make up statistics on the spot and the like.

If you have a beef with my message, feel free to tell me, but this drama is severely limiting the enjoyment I'm taking from these forums. Thanks.

~Steve
~I.S.~

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 05:49:53 PM »
unintelligent for not seeing as plainly what you do. When you give an opinion, you should back it up (the more extreme your opinion is, the more backing you generally need), and not condescend upon others when they disagree with you.

Agrees with the first part but I guess I can allow everyone to be unintelligent.  Back it up.  That is only what I have been doing this whole time for heaven sake.  Let's go back to those times shall we?

Let's start with the vegetarian argument that got started:
On June the 7th I had this too say about myself so people would get too know me better:
I never eat animals because I think it is morally wrong since humans were made to be herbivores, so for dinner I usually have something vegetarian.  Last night I had safe spagetti.

By saying this I wasn't trying to shove my beliefs in anybody elses face.  However, something happened.  A few people critized me way of life.

G-Dawg:
if you're not eating meat you're missing out man.

Koopaslaya:
There is no reason to not eat meat, it tastes good.

Then I started to defend my views from there on out with simple facts blah, blah, blah.  And then the very snide remarks came which really made me angry and more defensive and unforgiving of other people and their cruel minds.

And so on.......

When I became new here I create a post that would hopefully better everone's life.  It was called 'Help Change The World!'  Here you could report on what you were doing for other people, the animals, and the environment.       NOBODY HARDLY EVER REPLIED TO IT!  What does that tell you?  It tells you that you can't critisize me for being kind.  Someone that does nothing to help cannot critisize ME for doing everything in my power to spread the word on what you can do to help.  But no, nobody cares.  Nobody cares about me or anything else. 

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:11:48 PM »
See, there's the thing. Your definition of "backing up what you say" differs from most people's. And it shows from the comments other members make replying to your posts. For example, you claim humans were "made to be herbivores" when just about every scientific study done on the topic says they are omnivores. Look up these classifications. The comments that followed are other people's opinions. You don't have to agree with them. I mean, look at me. I respect your decision to be a vegetarian; however, I generally eat at Burger King or other fast-food restaurants (and order meat-like products) about 4-5 times a week. I can't see the moral dilemma with eating other animals. I don't agree with the way some of them are raised and killed, sure, but it just doesn't bother me like it bothers you. That's all.

It's a noble goal to better everyone else's life, yes. However, other people's definitions of "a better life" may be significantly different than yours. If you try to better their lives in a way that alienates them, there's a problem. That's what seems to be happening here.
~I.S.~

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 06:33:47 PM »
I think I might leave the forums.  That would probably be best not only for others, but for me too.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »
Is this the part where everyone says, "No, wait!" ?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 06:49:44 PM »
No.

Wait, I missed a lot of this controversy as it took part in threads I don't read. I've read a few of the posts (Mostly Fuzzy's) at this point in time, and really nothing more needed to be said after the fist post in this thread. Just take it easy, and keep it civil.

Fuzzy, if you feel you need to leave, do it. If you don't want to leave, then don't. I get tired of people making big productions out of this sort of thing, and if you could spare myself, and the rest of the forum from that, I'd appreciate it.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »
Fuzzy, for Lord's sake, this is a Mario forum, not the Enviroment protection agency! If you came here to change our views, you came to the wrong place.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 07:35:23 PM »
Okay I'm leaving now.  In fact I would like to be banned so I wont be entised to ever come back here again.  This will be better for me all the way.  I can't be around here any longer with people who don't understand me.  Okay I'm ready: Please ban me!  (I'm not kidding.)  As a final wish I would like all of my topics and polls concerning the environment and politics to be locked if that is not to much to ask.  Goodbye!  Fairwell!  Until we meet again! (That will never happen.) Goodbye! Goodbye! Goodbye!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »
Well, goodbye Fuzzy.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 08:32:39 PM »
Well, bye then. Good luck to you in your future, and t'was a shame that your signature proved horrifically accurate.

I don't think any further discussion is required here. (Though, if you have something to say to me, just send a PM and I'll respond.)
~I.S.~

Print