Print

Author Topic: Anybody here make Mario games?  (Read 3010 times)

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« on: September 24, 2001, 09:35:40 PM »
Does anyone here make their own Mario games for the computer? It would be interesting to see what kinds of Mario games people make.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2001, 09:52:25 PM »
I made one, but it wasn't that great..
I'm planning on making another one, but I haven't gotten very far in doing so yet.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2001, 04:27:44 PM »
I have a program that, theoretically, can make Mario-style games (pretty much whatever I want). It's called Visual Basic. However, it would take me forever to create a Mario game, especially a platformer.
You didn't say wot wot.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2001, 08:51:12 PM »
Visit www.ifarchive.org and you can get tools to create a Mario text adventure.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2001, 04:27:08 PM »
Hmm, I was working on one with Games Factory, but it was rather difficult. In order to have the small mario big mario, i actually had you controlling all of the different marios at the same time (My Marios were small mario, Big Mario, Mega mario [like triple the size of super mario] Fire flower [shoots fire balls], Thunder Flower [shoots bolts in three directions] Ice Flower [never fully programmed]) and all of them would be set to invisible, and be switched off. Then when there was a collision event with an enemy, any mario above small mario would turn invisible and small mario would turn visible and be switched on, and similar events would happen for power ups, except of course the Mario turns into a higher form. I made a pretty convincing level, too. Lol the best Paint Shop Pro Mario substitue graphics you'll ever see. Sorry for rambling.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2001, 05:44:08 PM »
I make them, if anyone wants them, you can e-mail me at kcnkrogers@juno.com. They are roms however, I don't think I really need to tell you that they are illegal. You need Nesticle to run them. Here are the games I have already...

Mario Man (Ms. Pac-Man)
Super ? Bros.

"Deezer" returns 10 results on GoTo.com, 14 on Dogpile.com, 981 on Altavista.com, and 5 on SearchHippo.com.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2001, 11:16:49 AM »
Wait, Chocobo, do you mean that you actually had each Mario form with its own movement, being controlled separately but simultaneously by the player?  Or did you have a single, always invisible player-controlled object and just set the forms (which should be no more than animations) to always follow it and match its direction/animation?

I didn't think anyone else here used The Games Factory or any of its relatives..

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2001, 12:01:41 PM »
I'm making an RPG with RPG Maker 95+. I'll call it "Super Mario Adventures" and it has some SMRPG characters and music, but I need a Hammer Bro. picture from SMRPG because the SMRPG Hammer Bros. look the best. Plus, I have Pictures from the Mariopedia like SMRPG Goomba and SMB3 Spiny and Lakitu. When It's done, I might send a copy here to the Mushroom Kingdom for download.

Eeeeettts a me! Baby Mario! Honk Honk Honk!

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2001, 07:53:40 PM »
Hey BM Where did you download RPG Maker 95+?
That just might get my game: Super Mario RPG: The Final Chapter going. (Im going to get the story line going in the Story Boards section)

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Print