Print

Author Topic: Re: Hommade Mario Games  (Read 8943 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« on: January 11, 2001, 11:27:54 PM »
I've made one.  It's not finished, but it never will be.
Go Moon!

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2001, 11:48:31 PM »
how come  it will never be finished????????
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2001, 12:45:54 AM »
I switched to a different program made by the same company, and the subtle code changes made the game unsalvagable.  I can still give the last "stand-alone" save that I had made, but it's far from finished.
Go Moon!

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2001, 10:44:23 AM »
Which Program Did You Use? and Switch To?

"DoMo ArIgOtO, Mr. RoBoTo"
"dont make me come down there" -God

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2001, 06:30:49 PM »
I switched from "Multimedia Fusion Express" to "Multimedia Fusion," which is better, despite the shorter name.
And everything went wrong then.  When an enemy was jumped on, it would fly sideways forever.  Same with debris from bricks.  And point values would stay on the screen forever as well, cluttering it up.  The map didn't even work at all.
Go Moon!

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2001, 08:29:38 PM »
I'm a fledgling game designer and for practice, I'm currently working on a from-scratch side scroller engine to host a game that will be entitled "Toad's Adventure: The Return of Wart."

I'm not going to reveal too many details about the story line, but you can probably figure it stars Toad. I think he's the most neglected character of them all, and he happens to be my favorite as well ;) Mario will make appearances in the game and will be relevant to the story line -- you'll have to help him out of more than one jam over the course of the game ^_^

Its a C program that will run in DOS and uses the (in)famous Allegro game programming library. I'd estimate the engine is about 10% finished, so I have a lot of work to do. Sound effects, music, and graphics progress is better though. I'd estimate 80% on the sound and maybe 20% on graphics.

This is a private project since its obviously a blatent copyright violation. I'm just making it for my own personal education and entertainment. However if people are interested in playing it, I may provide a covert download location when its ready ;) I know my friends are excited about it. I hope that others will like it when its done.

James

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2001, 06:18:29 AM »
id play it.

(enter a witty comment or phrase here)
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2001, 01:13:12 AM »
I used to have a homemade mario game until I delete it. But I think I still have it.

Edited by - Johns_program on 2/3/01 11:18:01 PM

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2001, 09:25:19 PM »
Well..
If anybody wants to play a homemade Mario game while you're waiting for others to finish...
...and you've got a PC...
...and some spare time...
Though it's unfinished, it still works.  It's just got a few bugs.  Copy http://members.xoom.com/f1fth/mario03ok.zip into your browser.  It's about 4 megabytes.  You'll also need the contents of this file http://members.xoom.com/f1fth/dll.zip somewhere on your computer.  It's about 200 kilobytes.

My Super Mario Universe game.  Keep in mind that it's rather difficult to make decent animations.
Go Moon!

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2001, 09:32:42 PM »
where did you get that soft ware Fifth?
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2001, 10:57:47 AM »
Online, from Clickteam.  www.clickteam.com

Absorbed in the clouds, a voice from afar said
"With the right device you can make a pattern grow,
or you can tune up your car."
Go Moon!

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2001, 07:30:15 PM »
well, i had some spare time
...and a pc...
...and i played it...
...and it rocks...
the graphics are fair, and it could have used some bg music, but other than that...i'd give it a 3.5 out of 10.
any plans on finishing it?

Edited by - daFunkster on 2/27/2001 5:30:59 PM

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2001, 08:52:39 PM »
I can't finish it because the game file no longer works.  I can, however, salvage the graphics and start over entirely with the code; I can sort of think of that game as a "test run," and avoid all of the bugs next time.  I just need to know if it'd be worth my while first.  (I've already started an engine that's many times better than the older one.)

Oh and the game did have background music.  Perhaps your MIDI volume was off, daFunkster?

Absorbed in the clouds, a voice from afar said
"With the right device you can make a pattern grow,
or you can tune up your car."
Go Moon!

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2001, 11:08:41 AM »
i think it was on, but just in case...how would you turn it on?

Edited by - daFunkster on 3/3/01 9:09:07 AM

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2001, 12:55:24 PM »
oh..nevermind...i figured it out. btw, can you go into that cave-thingy? or is it one of those things you never finished? and whats the deal with that one star block and the red stars spinning around it?

Print