Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario RPG: Finding Tippi  (Read 13630 times)

« on: July 13, 2007, 10:05:35 PM »
EDIT: Ack! Don't read on if you don't know the ending to Super Paper Mario! There are spoilers ahead! (Dang, I should've thought of this before posting. X_X) I'd put spoiler tags over the entire post, but I'm afraid that will draw people away from playing.

Hehe, this board hasn't seen a RPG in quite a while now; I hope I can get people into this.

I know it's been about 3 months since SPM was released, but I actually picked up the game a day ago or so. The game was sooooo high-technical...err, I mean cool, and I wanted to give a new RPG a shot after beating it and seeing the ending. After the ending, I was kinda left with a bad taste in my mouth; I wanted to know what really happened to Tippi and Count Bleck (I know the characters at the end claim she found happiness, but come on. We all know that just ain't good enough.) So I figured, why not continue the tale with the members at the Fungi Forums? Any and all members who have played SPM can join in (sorry to those who haven't, you probably won't get what's going on).

You can choose ANY character in the game (villians and heros alike) to be your player EXCEPT for Tippi (yes, you can be Count Bleck and Dimentio, but you'll have to come up with an explanation as to how they got back). After 4 or 5 people join up, I'll start a chapter, and then a battle will ensue. After the battle is won and done, another member can write the next chapter (depending on the order of members who join up). The total object of the story itself is to eventually find Tippi in some form or another after starting the adventure, battling foes, battling a final boss and finding Tippi. The final ending depends on how the story is written by the members here; remember, this is a team effort. Of course, after we fight the final boss, we'll have to figure out who is best to write the final ending, but we'll deal with that when the time comes. As for stats, I'll post in an example at the bottom. All of you will have to figure your own stats based on your characters ability. Just be sure to use common sense when picking stats.

Joe Blow
HP:10
FP:10
Attacks: Punch. Deals 3 HP damage.
Kick. Deals 5 HP, takes 2 FP to perform.
Head butt. Deals 5 HP, takes one turn to charge.

Turn orders will be based on the order people join up. So if you wanna join, do it quick.

Remember, this is a team effort. If you join, be sure you stick around to do it; if someone runs off, it'll mess up everything.  :P

This is gonna be fun if we can make it work. Everyone who enjoyed SPM can come here and continue the tale in your own way.

P.S To be fair, I won't pick my character quite yet. BTW, If anyone joins in in the middle of a chapter, or in the middle of a battle, they'll have to be worked into the next one.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:29:33 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 12:31:24 AM »
Haha!  Awesome! 
I would like to be Dimentio.  Now, before everyone groans and rolls their eyes, it's not only because he was such a...colorful character, but also because I'm disappointed that he wasn't in the Underwhere at the end of the game.  I mean, come on.  I was expecting to find that jaunty little jester sulking in some unfortunate condition, or being the victim of some unceasing taunting.

So, to clean away that disappointment in my mind, I will say that, after having been defeated, Dimentio did fall into the darks pits of the Underwhere.  While there, he found himself to be the butt of many a rude comment or teasing gesture, (him being the fool who attempted to claim the title of world destroyer, after all), and subsequentially moped into a childish state of pouting.  Eventually, out of a sudden sting of audacity that told him he could no longer be victim to such demeaning surroundings, he snuck passed the great mistress Jaydes in hopes of escaping to some place more pleasant. 
He ventured his way through the dark, convoluting vistas that he knew would lead him to the Overthere (the place quite opposite of the horrid Underwhere)!  Before he managed to open its heavenly gates, though, Dimentio was discovered by the three old hags who looked after the ending of Underwhere trail (or whatever it was called).  Naturally, without confirmation from Jaydes, he in no way could reach the Overthere, so his entire escape attempt was in vain.  Thinking that he would have to grovel back to the feet of the old Underwhere queen (which is, once you think about it, a suggestive title), the harlequin fellow heaved a sigh of anguish.  But the cadaverous three crones took pity on him, and the magician was given a chance to redeem himself.  With a combined, unworldly power, the trio managed to grant Dimentio's lifeless husk an eager spirit once again. 
As he arrived back to the worlds above, to lead a life of austere principals and sober aspirations, Dimentio waved down to the hags and gave them a jaunty wink, accompanied, of course, by a playful, "Ciao!

So, stats, then?  Okay, I'll direct myself with the help of Joe Blow up there.

Dimentio
HP:  8
FP:  13
Attacks:
Star Spear - Deals 2 HP damage
Doppleganger - Deals 6 HP Damage, requires 3 FP to perform
Enclosion Explosion (I made up a word!) - Deals 7 Damage, requires 5 FP to perform. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:42:47 AM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 08:12:06 AM »
Good, good! That's a good way to make him come back.

We need 3-4 more people. After that, I'll pick my character and we can start. I'm pretty sure I know who I want to be, but I also want to be fair about it.

So far, the turn order is:

1. PaperLuigi
2. The Blue Toad (Dimentio)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 08:17:53 AM by PaperLuigi »

MegaSonic

• in rehab
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 12:22:55 PM »
Luigi.
>:D

HP:9
FP:13
Attacks: Jump. Deals 2 HP damage.
Hammer. Deals 3 HP.
Super-Jump. Deals 6 HP, takes 3 FP to perform.

9 months after the events of their last adventure, the Mario Bros. were relaxing
at home. Luigi started off with conversation. "Where do you think Tippi and Count
Bleck are?" Mario shrugged. "Do you think they're really all that happy, cut off
from the rest of the universes?" Mario shrugged again. "I need to go clear my mind,
Bro. Be right back." Said Luigi as he walked out the door. Once out, he thought he
saw a form in the distance, but decided he was seeing things, and shrugged it off.
He thought he saw Dimentio, but decided there was no way Queen Jaydes or King Grambi
would let him out, forgetting about his stealthy powers. He went to Toad Town, not
knowing about the new adventure he and many would have.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:25:20 PM by MegaSonic »
this is a signature

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 12:57:15 PM »
EDIT: Ah, nevermind. Everyone can write a small backstory if they want, but I'll start the first chapter.

FWI guys, be sure to read the entire post and understand the rules before jumping the gun.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 01:08:52 PM by PaperLuigi »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 03:03:09 PM »
I'll join in the fun! I think I'll be... Hurrm, uhhh, Francis?

After selling Tiptron to Mario, Francis felt that having a mechanical replicas of Tippi was a bit empty, he craved the hi- technicaaal Original Tippi, he decided to take matters in his own hands, he got off his comfy chair and stopped watching Starship X-Naut and went on an epic quest of epicness to find his shweeet shweeet Francine!

Francis:
HP: 10
FP: 10

Attacks:

Camera Flash: Does 2 damage and slight chance of dizzying enemy, making some attacks miss.
Meow Bombs: Does 6 damage but needs 3FP

PS: Can we level up every few battles and increase our stats and add new moves PL?

PSS: Glad to have you back!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 03:09:51 PM »

PS: Can we level up every few battles and increase our stats and add new moves PL?

PSS: Glad to have you back!

1. Yup. After 3 battles, we can increase our power.

2. Thanks. :)

If we can get one more member to join, we'll be ready to go.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 04:07:33 PM »
I'll be Count Bleck

Lady Timpani and Lord Blumiere were living happily in their secluded realm.  Blumiere, formerly known as Count Bleck, was not as powerful as he used to be, but he was still powerful enough that not many would want to pick a fight with him.  The happy couple thought they would never be found.  But one night,
"BLUMIERE, MY LOVE!!"  Blumiere was awaken by Timpani's cry for help.  He saw his betrothed in the clutches of a mysterious creature.  He hopped out of bed, and grabbed his staff.
"Unhand her!  Leave this place, and never come back!" he aimed his staff at the silhouette.  "Don't make me have to zap you!"
"By all means," the silhouette cackled in a croaky voice, "Zap me, but you will zap your lady in the process."
Blumiere flinched.  He couldn't bear to lose Timpani again, but the last thing he wanted to do was hurt her.  He fell to his hands and knees, snarling at the creature. "Grrr! You fiend, says Blumiere!  You may have won this battle, but mark my words; the war is far from over!"
"Byaaaak haaak haaaak!!" The creature laughed.  "So, you think you can find me?  I dare you!"  Ripples formed around Timpani and the creature.  The two were soon engulfed in a black hole, and disappeared.
Blumiere held back his sobs.  He stood up and donned his top hat, monocle, and cape.  "I will never give up hope again, my love.  I will bring you back safe and sound."  He waved his staff, and engulfed himself in an inter-dimensional black hole.

Count Bleck

FP: 12

Attacks
Zap: lightning flies out of his staff, and zaps enemies.  Deals 2 damage, and may paralyze enemy
Black Hole: Enemy is sucked into a black hole, then spit out the enemy.  Deals 5 damage, but requires 3 FP
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 07:21:42 PM »
Okay! We're ready to go.

Here's my character:

O'Chunks

Attacks: Giant Swing, does 4 HP damage
Body Slam, does 5 HP damage, 2 FP
Big Fart: 4 HP, takes one turn to charge, 50 % chance of being critical!

Mario and his crew stood at the edge of Flipside tower, awaiting final instruction from the wise wizard Merlon. O'Chunks, Dimentio, Count Bleck, Luigi and Francis were among the faces that volunteered for the tedious job of finding a long lost friend. Luigi leaned over to Mario and whispered something in his ear. "Mario, are you sure we can trust a few of these guys? Dimentio tried to destroy the universe for gosh sakes!" Mario shook his head and answered "Luigi, it's always good to give someone a second chance. They all seem like they've turned over a new leaf; O'Chunks told me yesterday that he's excited about helping us find Tippi."
"But, Dimentio could still be evil!" Luigi tried to reason with Mario, but his brother had an excuse for everything.
"Dimentio can't do much without that dark book of prophecies in his grasp. He said he'd help us find Tippi, and that's that. We need his knowledge of the dimensions if we are to succeed, you know."
"Yeah, I guess you're right..." Luigi sighed.
Merlon raised his hand and cleared his throat. He readied himself to brief the party about the mission.
"What I am about to do," he sighed "is something I've never attempted to do before. I want to assure you that I've done research on this subject, and outcomes are infinite; I can't grantee your safety."
Mario told Merlon that his "friends" were ready to face anything; they wanted to find Tippi at all costs.
Merlon simple chuckled. "Well, that's what I'd expect from you guys. You've all had to face danger before. Are you ready?"
They all shouted with a big yes. Merlon raised his hand and gathered in magic.
"Anyone who wishes to leave may do so now."
Luigi tried to walk out, but Mario pulled him back in with his right arm.
"Hehe, sorry." Luigi was sweating profusely.
"No? All right then. Prepare to face the warp zone!"
At an instant, the party was sucked into a warp hole, courtesy of Merlon's magic. The all disappeared into the hole, leaving Merlon alone.
"I sure hope they know what they're doing," he sighed. "Good luck heroes. Good luck."

The party found themselves in trouble as soon as the adventure began. Inside the warphole, strange dimensional enemies began attacking Luigi!
"Wha! Help me guys!"
"I've dealt with these guys before," claimed Dimentio. "Unknown creatures that were born in between the dimensions!"
"Burst me bagpipes! They're attackin' Luigi!" O'Chunks screamed and charged towards one of the enemies.
"Let's go guys! We can't stop now," Mario instructed his team. The fight was on!

Dimensional Enemy 1: HP: 20. Attack: 2
Dimensional Enemy 2: HP: 15 Attack: 2
Dimensional Enemy minion: HP: 5 Attack: 1

O'Chunks attacked Enemy #1 with Giant Swing!

Enemy #1: 16
Enemy #2: 15
Enemy Minion: 5

It's Dimentio's turn now!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 07:41:29 AM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 08:35:51 PM »
"Oh ho!  How exhilarating!" Dimentio said, in his usual, jaunty tone.  "What ails you, foul beasts?  Is it the nuisance of a single thorn stuck in your paws?  Or perhaps something less cliche?"  "Impede your meaningless jabber, Dimentio, and make your attack!" came the cry of Count Bleck, appearing peeved.  Dimentio sensed a glint in his esteemed, red eye that was all too familiar.  The depth of crimson that stung his pride was the same that he had faced the second before his first betrayal, before he sent his master flying into the vortexes of his own creation, Dimention D.  The stare was filled with so much disappointment, as well as frustration, that the foolish jester blushed within its unyielding blaze. 
Feeling rather ashamed, Dimentio did not reply in his usual banter, instead remaining silent. 

Dimentio uses Doppleganger to dazzle Enemy #1!

Enemy #1:  10 HP
Enemy #2:  15 HP
Enemy Minion:  5 HP

Dimentio lost 3 FP!  (10 FP left). 

Go!  Luigi!  (lolz, poke'mon). 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 08:37:44 PM by The Blue Toad »

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 10:28:30 PM »
(You make a rather good Dimentio)

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 11:38:20 PM »
(Why thank you :)).

MegaSonic

• in rehab
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
Take this, you UGLY monster!

Luigi used super-jump on Enemy 2!
POW! Square on the head!

Enemy #2:  9 HP
Enemy Minion:  5 HP

Luigi lost 3 FP!

Let's go, bro! (Mario)
this is a signature

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 12:30:36 PM »
Actually, it's Sushie Boy's turn (Francis).

MegaSonic

• in rehab
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 12:38:02 PM »
K, Sorry. Lol. XD
this is a signature

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 02:12:44 PM »
At first I didn't wanna join because my fave character had been taken(first one taken, too!), but I got another idea so can I join now?

(edited because some people are very, very picky)

Mimi(figures)
HP: 20
Attacks: Rubee Toss ~ does 3 damage
Imitate ~ copies appearance and attacks of enemy or ally(2 FP)
Six Legged Freak(basically turns into the Mimider) ~ Rubee Toss power doubles, Imitate cannot be used(lasts 3 turns)(4 FP)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 09:13:16 AM by GiftedGirl »
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
Yup, you can join in after this battle.

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 04:22:58 PM »
Yay!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »
"Nerr!" Francis came running "Sorry I'm late!" Francis took out his lappy and summoned a meowbomb on Enemy minion! Meow bomb exploded! It destroys enemy minion!

Enemy 1: 10 HP
Enemy 2:  9 HP
Enemy Minion: Out!

Francis:

HP: 10/10
FP: 7/10

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 08:29:24 PM »
"It's about time you put those comics down!" Count Bleck chuckled menacingly.  He waved his staff; lightning flies out of it, and hits Enemy 2.

Enemy 2: 7 HP
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 10:12:24 PM »
GG, you fail, Mimi only has six legs in her "mimimimimimi" form!

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 07:24:05 AM »
D Enemy #1 attacks! Count Bleck is slammed!

Count Bleck: 8

D Enemy #2 attacks! O'Chunks takes a hit! It's critical! 2X the damage!

O'Chunks: 6

O'Chunks began to pound his chest and stomp his feet in an attempt to scare the enemy. "Arigh' yeh wee littl' bugga'," he explained in his heavy scottish accent. "Im gonna take teh wind outta yeh! Literally!" He stood firm to the ground and began to charge up his devastating special move. Some of his other party members new what was coming next; Count Bleck, O'Chunks' former boss, took notice right away. A small sweat drop ran down his cheek as he stepped back a few feet. "Oh my," said Count Bleck. "I think we all should stay a fair distance when he unleashes this..." The others obeyed, but stayed close to the enemy so that they could still attack. Meanwhile, O'Chunks continued to stomp the ground. Though he wasn't really shaking the environment around him, O'Chunks was making a fair amount of noise. Yet it did nothing to frighten the lifeless creatures. They all just continued to float like total morons. O'Chunks took it personally, even though the dimensional enemies didn't have the brain capacity to become frightened. He looked down and kicked the air the entire crew was "floating" in. "I guess I ain't as intimidatin’ as I used teh be..." he sighed.

O'Chunks is charging up for a big fart! He has to skip this turn in order to do it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 07:34:19 AM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 09:15:21 AM »
GG, you fail, Mimi only has six legs in her "mimimimimimi" form!

Picky picky. Well you're in luck, I edited it just for you, Mr Details.

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
It's Blue Toad's (Dimentio's) turn to attack.

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 02:13:22 PM »
"Well...isn't that abominable..." said Dimentio, a sprightly expression expanding across his black and white countenance.  He was commenting on O'Chunks and how his cheeks were positively flushed with rosy concentration.  "Perhaps I shall initiate an attack that is a little less cloying, hm?"     
"Yes, please!" Mimi said, backing even farther away from the Scottish brute, "This guy's starting to make me jittery!" 
"Well, I'm sure that its mighty punch will be worth the acrid backfire," said the jester, "for if it isn't, O'Chunks most certainly wasted a perfectly good opportunity to attack."
"...'Ey!..." came a blatant response from O'Chunks, who found it hard to speak while...establishing...his next affront.  "Get on with it!" 
"Of course, my apologies..."

Dimentio extended his midnight-black hands until they stretched an invisible accordion all the way across his glimmering chest.  A great, star-shaped ball formed within the space between, and as it became increasingly ample in volume, it grew powerful enough to gilt the jester's face with a golden flicker. 

Using Star Spear, Dimentio cast a damaging blow to Enemy #2 (whose name is actually Fred)!

Fred:  5 HP   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:16:57 PM by The Blue Toad »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »
"Nerrrrrr!" Francis added with joy, "These guys look so high-technicaaal! I bet the guys from the forums will flip when they see this!" Francis took out his camera and got a pic of Fred! In bright, eye watering flash Francis' Dizziness failed!

Enemy 1: 10HP
Fred: 3HP

Francis:
FP:7

It's now Count Bleck's Turn! (Kojinka)

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 04:36:09 PM »
It's actually Mega Sonic's turn, then Kojinka, then you...but since the battle is coming to a close, it can be Kojinka, then Mega Sonic, then me.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »
"Your time is up, says Count Bleck!"  Count Bleck raised his arms.  A black hole started to form; he threw it at Fred.   Fred was sucked into the vortex. 
"Nerrrrr!  Schweeet!" Francis cried.
"Just wait my nerdy chameleon chum," Dimentio said.  "The fireworks has yet to begin."  Everyone else could vouch for that.
The black hole spit Fred out.  He stumbled, and fell limp.
"We will travel the far ends of every dimension, brave all obstacles to find Timpani!" the heartsick Count cried.

Fred: down

Count Bleck
HP: 8
FP: 9
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 07:48:01 AM »
"Gagh!" O'Chunks pounded his fists against his chest once more. "I cannot wait much longa' for yeh to attack, Luigi! I gotta release it now!"

O'Chunks attacks with big fart! PaperLuigi flips a coin...heads, the attack does 8 damage, Tails, it does four...It's heads! Critical damage! The other space enemy is named Bob, btw.

Bob: 2 HP

The Space enemy attacks O'Chunks!

O'Chunks: 4

After The Blue Toad Attacks,  it's his turn to write the next chapter and present the next enemies we will fight.

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 01:34:47 PM »
Then I can join in, right? :3

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 01:53:45 PM »
Yup! I'll PM Blue Toad.

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 02:00:29 PM »
Yay! :D

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 01:41:38 AM »
"Well, well, well...what else to do other than finish you off?" came that taunting voice of Dimentio.  He raised an accusing finger and allowed another flash of golden light to pour into a nice, tight ball.  It then swiveled around his black fingertip, mystic and supernatural, as though he had plucked a star from the night sky and carried it with him into the vortex.
"Urgh...I...am...error..." Bob said, using up his last few inches of hapless breath. 

Dimentio points that midnight finger at his opponent ("With as much fervor and anticipation as a prosecutor when he's about to win a pivotal case!") and sent a shattering blow to Bob, inflicting 2 points of damage!

Bob:  the deadness.
Fred:  also, the deadness
Minion:  same.

Still pumped by the sweet adrenaline that rushed and roiled within the veins of the freshly garnered heroes, all were suprised and greatly thrilled by their unexpected display of teamwork.  It appeared as though differences were being set aside, and old friendships vamped.  This was certainly true for Mimi, Dimentio, and O'Chunks. 
"Wow!  You still have quite the fighter left in you, O'Chunks," Mimi said playfully.
"Yeah, well...ye know Ah've been working out!"  he replied.
Before another word could be said, the gang was met with a stomach-lifting sensation.  It was sudden, and brought with gasps equally so.  They were being moved into another dimension, and as dimension travellers (such as Dimentio) know, no venture between worlds would be complete without the horrendous and nauseating feeling of being sucked through a vortex as roughly as a sock through a drainpipe.  Pulled at a surprising velocity, they found that the kaleidoscope semblance they had all grown accustomed to was, without warning, ripped from view, like waking up suddenly from a bad dream.
"Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, DIZZINESS!" cried Mimi. 
Luigi let out a loud groan, his gloved hand perched atop his green hat in pain.
All of them were experiencing sudden pangs, with heads thumping to an unyielding rhythm and stomachs trying to settle back down to their original positions.
"Ahhh...what a relief it is to feel that thrill yet again!  Like a monkey, deprived of what he loves most, peeling that first strip of yellow fiber and smelling the mushy white banana inside!  What a rush!" cried Dimentio.
Rubbing his eyes and sponging in the environment around him, Mario began to realize where they had landed.   
"...What is this?" he questioned.
No one was able to respond (honestly, at least), and were left befuddled, lost for words, and yet awed, all at the same time.  Before them stretched a land that was tinged with the everlasting color of blue and sprayed with an air that was pleasing to inhale, fulfilling to drink in, and relieving to breathe out in heavy sighs.  The ground was made purely of clouds, which had foggy little tails that swirled up and down along the crew's ankles, and that seemed to extend for miles and miles without end.  What swirling majesties peaked at the horizons were enormous walls of cumulous mountains, scraping a sky that was bare toward its bottom, but filled with orange-dyed billows at its top.  Like forever reaching fingers those clouds reached for that place where the sun disappeared, doomed to be hanged at the crest of the sky, but not without aspirations of discovering what waited on the ground. 
And wouldn't they be disappointed to discover that that ground was, really, nothing more than clouds after all.   
To inhabit this world, a lake sat there randomly, carved within the cloudy earth and filled with still, cool waters.  Its surface was as dark and blue as the night sky back home, and while nothing conspicuous made its placid existence stand out, there was an enigma that held it with a cold, iron grip. 
"...What is this place?" Mario asked again.  His voice seemed to echo across an endless space.
"Hello?" called Luigi, curious and confused. 
"It seems we've hit a mysterious place indeed..." Count Bleck stated calmly.  "...And to be very completely honest with all of you, I feel as though...as though..."
Without any warning, something rippled through the air, like a corkscrew tearing through a thin layer of water.  The air began to twist and contort, forming odd designs and engendering a crude entrance within the still atmosphere.  As the winds shifted and the horizon before them started to smear into an unintelligible shape, this entrance was made through a process much like the modeling of clay; spun incessantly until, finally, a small, jagged window appeared. 
A rip through space, if you will.   
"Dang it, all!  What the heck is all this nonsense?!" Mimi cried. 
This black window was not made for nothing, as it turned out, for within moments, something within its inscrutable contents started to stir.  Certainly not what anyone was expecting, a crude, enormous eye suddenly peered out at them; bloodshot, with a deep, fluctuating black pupil, its blazing gaze brought pallor to everyone’s countenance.  The monster, growling behind the mystical opening, clamped its beastly claws upon each of the entrance's fringed sides, and, using an uncanny strength, managed to tear the space rip wider, wider, and wider until it became a great hole.  It was now just large enough for this nightmarish beast to crawl through.
At its full height, the towering anomaly was terrifying.  It has skin of smoldering thunderstorms, and horns that looked as though they were crafted from the malleable shapes of falling stars.  When it opened its mouth to let out an earth-shaking roar, it revealed, also, jagged and craggy teeth, seemingly made from powder garnered at the sites of shattered asteroids.     
"Is this some sort of beast manifested from the stars?" asked Dimentio.
"'Ey!" cried O'Chunks, overcome with slight trepidation, "I don't give a cat's behind what it be!  I just want it dead!" 
"You fools!" the storm beast bellowed.  "I know the place of which you seek.  To get there one cannot be meek.  I guard that garden with lightning and thunder.  Fight me now, and pray you don't blunder!" 

Storm Beast:
HP:  30
Attack power:  4
Storm Cloud #1:
HP:  3
Attack power:  1
Storm Cloud #2:
HP:  2
Attack power:  1

MegaSonic

• in rehab
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2007, 07:22:56 AM »
Luigi used Super-Jump on Storm Beast!
(Sorry about the wait.)

Storm Beast
HP:  24

Luigi:
FP:7
this is a signature

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2007, 07:23:47 AM »
" Ey," O'Chunks side. "Ye may know where we want to go, but teh call me a fool is fighten' words! Argh!" He threw up his hands and dashed towards the beast at a mighty velocity, slamming head first into it's lifeless heart. O'Chunks continued the punishment by grabbing the beast by it's cloud-like tail and tossing it sideways! "Just...just go away!" O'Chunks landed back on his feet and waited for his teammates to attack. Before they could though, the Storm Beast roared and spawned forth another storm cloud; a total of 4 enemies stood in the way of Mario's team now!

Storm Beast: 21 HP

Cloud #1: 3

Cloud #2: 2

Cloud #3: 3

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »
"Mimimimimimi... take this, stupidheads!" Mimi pulled a glistening red Rubee out of her purse and threw it at Cloud2 with pin-point accuracy!

Storm Beast: 21 HP

Cloud #1: 3

Cloud #2: is dead

Cloud #3: 3

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 11:51:12 AM »
(ooc: Umm is it my turn?)

"Bleh heh heh heh Bleck!" Count Bleck's trademark laugh would have echoed throughout the realm had it not been for the fluffy clouds that absorbed the sound.  "Prepare yourself for a shocking experience!"  A bolt of lightning flew from his staff and struck Storm Beast.  The bolt caused paralysis in the dark monstrosity.  Paralysis will last for two turns.

Storm Beast: (PLZ) 19 HP

Cloud 1: 3

Cloud 3: 3

(ooc: if it wasn't my turn yet, I appologize)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »
It doesn't matter what turn order it is I guess. Just remember, if you attack more than once before the enemy, then you've gone too far.  :P

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 02:28:41 AM »
"How come I'm always late?" Francis questioned to no one in particular, "Nerr! You guys freak me out! You're totally not high-technicaaal! Have at you!" Francis pulled out his laptop once more and summoned a Meowbomb on Cloud 1! Meowbomb exploded!

Storm Beast: (PLZ) 19 HP.

Cloud 3: 3 HP.

Francis:
FP: 4

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2007, 08:01:12 AM »
The Storm Beast roared and spawned yet another cloud! The Beast then attacked the entire party with lightning blast!

Storm Beast: 19

Storm Cloud #3: 3 HP

Storm Cloud #4: 3 HP

O'Chunks: 5 HP

Dimentio: 3 HP

Count Bleck: 5 HP

Francis: 5 HP

Luigi: 4 HP

Mimi: 15 HP

(I believe it's Dimentio's turn now)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:07:06 AM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2007, 11:38:23 AM »
Dimentio delivers Enclosion Explosion!  With a simple snap of his fingers, Dimentio bids a box to form around the Beast of Storms, who, with little warning, becomes caught in a perilous trap of fire!  The air around the foul beast bursts into smoldering ash, costing Dimentio 5 FP points and the beast 7 HP points. 

Storm Beast:  12 HP
Storm Cloud #3:  3 HP
Storm Cloud #4:  3 HP

Dimentio:
HP:  3 (OMG!!!1_) 
FP:  8 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:42:48 AM by The Blue Toad »

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 04:38:36 PM »
MegaSonic isn't taking his turn...I guess he "ran off and messed up everything", huh? (No offense! :P)

I'd like if this continued...it's great so far.

(Hope this isn't a bump since it was somewhat down the page...)
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »
Nah, it's not a bump. I'd like for it to continue as well...

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »
Well, if either MegaSonic replies or we stop waiting for him (again, no offense), can I be Mario?

HP: 15

Attacks:
Jump-2 damage, twice
Power Jump-6 damage, 2 FP
Hammer-4 damage
Power Hammer-6 damage, 2 FP

Random thought: Right before the final boss, something should make the heroes get mad at each other and fight, just for sheer drama.

EDIT: Forgot FP.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:35:23 AM by Reading »
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2007, 11:21:33 PM »
Storm beast was horrified and angry that he was losing in battle. "Ohhh!" Francis exclaimed in delight "That's great material!" Francis took a photo of Storm Beast! Dizziness effects worked!

Storm Beast: 10HP (Dizzy for two turns)

Cloud 3: 3HP
Cloud 4: 3HP

Francis:
HP:5
FP:4

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 07:42:16 PM »
Count Bleck said nothing.  He didn't need to say anything.  Everyone knew he was going through a hard time, with Tippi missing, and everything.  The light reflected off his monocle.  His red eyes were gleaming; a gleam that meant he was done fooling around.  With a wave of Count Bleck's staff, the Storm Beast was sucked into a black hole.  Soon afterward, the satisfied black hole belched out Storm Beast.  It was a critical hit.  "You found it tasty, didn't you?" the Count chuckled, slightly amused.

Storm Beast: 3 HP

Cloud 3: 3 HP
Cloud 4: 3 HP

Count Bleck:
HP: 5
FP: 9

Finish him!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 10:55:20 AM »
(Okay, I will!)

Mimi pulled another Rubee from her purse and flung it at the Storm Beast, poking his eye out(that's gotta hurt!) and costing him the rest of his health.

Storm Beast: is dead

(Um, did that get rid of the other cloud thingers, too? I dunno how these things work.)

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 11:30:18 AM »
"Ey, the wee littl' buggas are still alive!" O'Chunks charged forth and killed the 3rd cloud.

The enemy cloud tried to kill O'Chunks, but he missed!

Cloud 4: 3
Cloud 3: Dead

(After this, Mega Sonic writes the next chapter)

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 11:46:48 AM »
"Ah ha ha!  It seems the omnipotent Storm Beast has met its downfall!  Why, then, would you, flippant and contumacious cloud, continue to fight?" Dimentio shook his head and chided Storm Cloud #4 (Pete).  The time has come to end this battle!

With the power of a thousand asexually producing organisms, Dimentio split his body into a plethora of smiling copies!  As they laughed with tantalizing jeers, forming a cyclone of jesters that swarmed the semblance of Pete, the team watched in awe as the battle's end came near.  And so, using 3 of his FP, Dimentio unleashed Doppelganger!   

Pete:  He's dead, I tell you!

Hoorah!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 11:48:19 AM by The Blue Toad »

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 11:53:25 AM »
Actually, I think Kojinka should write the next chapter, since Mega Sonic hasn't even shown up in a long while.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 04:20:47 PM »
The battle had been won.  A glittering light shined around each party member; a feeling rejuvenation flowed through the heroes bodies.  Their HP and FP have been restored.  No sooner after that, another vortex consumed the party.  The same pangs and churnings flowed through the party again for a moment.
"Ugh!" Mario gulped and covered his mouth. "I wish I hadn't had that platter of spaghetti right before going off on this adventure."
The party found themselves in a world with levitating brick blocks and blocks with question marks inscribed on them.  Some blocks were in a row.  In the background was a fence, and a lakitu flying around peacefully on its cloud.  The whole environment, seemed homely, yet pixelated.  A pixelated, mustachioed man in a brown shirt, red overalls, and red hat ran by.  He skidded to a halt.  Did a double take at the party, then muttered something about mushrooms under his breath, and ran on.  The lakitu followed the man, and pulled a spiny egg out.
"Nerrrr!!!" Francis squealed.  "This place kind of reminds me of my home!"
Mario's stomach finally calmed down.  He was able to take a good look at their new surroundings. "I think I know where we are."
"Mushroom Kingdom circa 1985," Luigi added.
"High Technicaaaaaaall-er I mean RETRO!"
"This song can get stuck in your head really easily!  Doot doot doot doodoot-doodoot..." Mimi started singing
All of a sudden, the classic, cheerful music stopped.  The sky darkened.  The the pixelated Goombas and Koopas that were absentmindedly trotting along, fled.
"Did you bring a light?" Luigi asked Mario.
"...no..." Mario turned toward his little brother.
"Byaaaaak Haaaaak Haaaaaak!!" a voice sounded out of nowhere.
"I know that laugh!" Count Bleck snarled.  "You're the one that took Timpani away!  Release her now!"
"Thank you, Count Bleck, but our Tippi is in another dimension!" the voice cackled.
"If I hear that line or a paraphrase of that line one more time," Mario exasperated a sigh.
Luigi snickered.  "Thank you, Mari-"
"Shut it, Luigi!"
"Oh, I hate to be the one to break up sibling arguments," the voice said, "but I have a little treat for all of you!"  A spider-like creature with one eye fell from the sky.  "I searched many dimensions for this beauty!  I told him that you are somewhat associated with the boy that killed his wife, Queen Gohma, and that if he defeated you, I'd help him avenge his wife's death!"
"Blimey!" O'Chunks gasped.
"We don't know of any snotty boy that washed some itsy bitsy spider out of a spout!" Dimentio said.
The giant spider roared so loudly and terribly that the surroundings started to rumble.
"I wouldn't anger King Gohma like that if I were you," the voice said mockingly.  "Byaaaaak Haaaaak Haaaaak!  Have fun!"  The sky returned to its original light.

King Gohma
HP: 33
Attack power: 4

(I hope I didn't mess it up too much)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 05:47:22 PM »
"Blimey!" screamed O'Chunks. "I hate spiders! Teh lot of 'em are usually a wee bit smalla' than this big brute! He creeps me right down to me bag pipes!"
"I don't even wanna know where that is," sighed Luigi.

O'Chunks charged at King Gohma, but he was too scared to attack! O'Chunks did nothing.

King: 33

Print