Print

Author Topic: the mario trivia game!!!!  (Read 89224 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2002, 11:38:46 AM »
"Mob Burial" death.  Amusing.
Alright, then...

Question:
In what game does an enemy boo not hide nor shy away when Mario looks it in the face?

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2002, 12:24:48 PM »
Mario Tennis.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2002, 01:14:42 PM »
I think he means when boo is an enemy. If that is correct...the answer is SMRPG!

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2002, 01:36:36 PM »
I have a correction to make...

The Nintendo 64's original code name was Project Reality. When the system was about to be released, it was called Nintendo Ultra 64. As a last-minute change, Nintendo dropped the "Ultra" from it's name and simply called it Nintendo 64.

I have 2 questions for you guys...
1. Super Mario 64--in the Big Boo's Haunt level, what is the quickest way to get to the adjacent platform with the Blue !-Block on the second floor in the lobby?

2. What is the only Mario game that has an enemy from Kirby's Dreamland?
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2002, 01:47:46 PM »
1. Long jump from other side.

2. Super Mario Land 2

« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2002, 01:59:47 PM »
is the Big Boo not shy in Super Mario 64?

I'll take Mushrooms for $200  :)

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2002, 03:58:48 PM »
Do you fight any boos in Mario RPG?  I really can't remember.
But it's not SM64.  The ghosts hide when Mario looks them in the face, just as always...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2002, 04:15:10 PM »
I honestly don't know. I recall back to every Mario platformer and think that every one I remember has the Boos running or covering their eyes when you look at them.

I honestly don't know... but yes, they don't shy away in SMRPG.

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2002, 05:33:46 PM »
So, do I get the question, or did you have some other game in mind?

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2002, 06:36:04 PM »
Hmmm.... I do have another game in mind, so I'd rather somebody get the answer.
Hint:  read the question again; I phrased it very exactly.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2002, 06:40:11 PM »
Face, face.... hmm...

When does it matter whether or not it's the face?

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2002, 07:04:58 PM »
My guess is Super Mario World, because when you look at them, the ghosts just SIT there, they don't do anything to shy away.

Or, my secondary guess is in the Running of the Bulb game in Mario Party 1.

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2002, 11:15:40 PM »
Mario Maniac:
Yeah, the N64's code name was what I was thinkin' of. Not the working name. Annyywayy...

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2002, 11:48:49 PM »
I only added "face" because the ghosts in SM64 will keep moving if they don't notice Mario facing them.
And neither of those were the game I was thinking of, Insane Steve, though it seems that there are a lot more technicalities than I'd planned, so I suppose I'll give the answer:

Yoshi's Island.  The key word was Mario.
When Yoshi's standing still or moving slowly, Mario sits on his back facing the other direction.  The boos couldn't care less if Mario sees them, as long as they can still surprise Yoshi.

And on that note, the Mariopedia still says that one "stops moving when Mario looks at it."  A copy/paste error, I presume.

So I guess the question'll be open to whomever gets to it or deems him or herself most accurate.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2002, 09:08:00 AM »
Hmmmmm, I should have known, seeing as how about 80-90% of the questions have been on YI.

Anyway, I'll give this question to someone else. I think either MadMario (For the SMRPG answer) or WanWan (Because of the correct answer a while back) should get it.

CYNICMAN!!!!!

~I.S.~

Print