Print

Author Topic: Mario Palace... It's more than meets the eye!  (Read 24435 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2003, 04:04:32 PM »
Oh, Mario trivia mistress! Can't you answer this question? Or are you to afraid that you'll not know it? Huh? Huh??

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2003, 04:05:12 PM »
Oh, Mario trivia mistress! Can't you answer this question? Or are you to afraid that you might get it wrong? Huh? Huh??

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2003, 04:45:07 PM »
Adventures, or other stuff too, like Mario Kart? Would you count Game&Watch gallery games? C'mon, ya gotta be more specific!!

39 if all that stuff (excluding cameos and remakes) is included. (Oh, and I'm including SMB2-J --aka The Lost Levels)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2003, 04:48:57 PM »
After he saves Paliune Donkey Kong takes Mario and throws him off the building and he dies. Donkey Kong takes Paliune and does some stuff with her. I'm not telling what he did to her, but I'll just say I wish I was Donkey Kong. Anyways, who is Mario Trivia Misstress?

It''s ah me Marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2003, 04:56:58 PM »
That would be me. :)
(I mentioned it earlier in this thread.)
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2003, 05:09:19 PM »
Oh yeah, would you like me to *LIST* them all? 'Cuz I CAN do that for you.

Marioguy, Mario didn't die (heh...that rhymed) after Donkey Kong (the game, not character). DK fell down a story and Mario rescued Pauline. Afterwards (the next game, DK Jr.), Mario sends him back to the jungle (or captures him or something), and DK Jr. tries to free his dad. Same Mario, same DK. Mario Bros. (NOT *S*MB) is his crossing into the Mushroom Kingdom.

Bottabing, there's your plotline.

PS- You have a REALLY perverted mind, MG.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2003, 08:30:10 PM »
I said to COUNT remakes. OK, OK. I may be wrong with how many games Mario has been in. I'll let this question pass. I Found 48 total with keeping remakes and getting rid of cameos. How 'bout this:

Q4: What's Mario's last name.

Is Wario related to Mario? I heard once that he is. Is Waluigi related to Wario. If so, ad Wario is related to Mario that means that they all have the same last name and all that. Although, Yoshi's Island shows that Mario is only related to Luigi. I'm just plain cunfused. Can somebody answer this question?

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 5/8/2003 7:35:59 PM

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2003, 08:38:18 PM »
Sapphira, how about you do name all of the Mario games. include cameos, but seperate them.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2003, 08:49:57 PM »
*Sigh* Why do I do this?

Do you want me to count Mario games that don't actually have Mario in it (e.g. Yoshi's Story or Wario's Woods)?

--------------------

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2003, 08:50:27 PM »
Mario
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2003, 08:59:28 PM »
Yes, Mario's last name is Mario, as retarded as that seems.
I still refuse to accept it, though, even though Nintendo itself made it clear (See in an issue of NP. I think it's in the one before SMS on the cover.) Anyway, Mario writes a postcard to Luigi, and on the address it's labeled to Luigi Mario.

~
Gah! There are too many remakes to count all of 'em. I mean, Donkey Kong? That was on Arcade, NES, e-reader, combo games like it DK Arcade Classics, and the list goes on. Yeesh!

--------------------

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2003, 09:05:45 PM »
Okay, "just keep complaining" about Mario's last name, and they will change it.

If you count them, you are more bored than I.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2003, 09:18:42 PM »
Heheh... I'm not THAT big of a complainer to do anything about it. "Jumpman" actually might be a good likely last name, in my opinion.

I'm not gonna count all the games. I already have a HUGE database on just about EVERYTHING Mario related. --Even more in-depth than the Mariopedia. I even made a likely timeline. *cough* OCPD *cough*
So, I already have the games listed--excluding Japan-only releases and the OLD remakes. All I'd need to do is count from the list.

--------------------

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2003, 09:24:03 PM »
k, but Nintendo calls him Jumpman Mario in the original DK games.  Not Mario Jumpman.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2003, 09:32:19 PM »
Oh, GM79, to anwser your other question...

Mario and Luigi are brothers (duh). Argue with me if you like, but according to YI, they're ferturnal (fraturnal?) twins, Mario older and Luigi younger. (Well, duh. Mario went on a whole adventure w/ Yoshi before Luigi was (maybe) born.)

As far as Wario's connection, the only thing I've heard is that they were childhood rivals. Waluigi has never been said to be related to Wario. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

--------------------

Print