Print

Author Topic: Brawl Creativity  (Read 6966 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« on: September 30, 2008, 01:23:19 PM »
So, I'm sure a lot of you remember the movesets thread that kinda sorta died out.  Ah, good times.  That's why I made this, a thread where you can post not just character movesets, but also ideas for items, bosses, pokeballs, [assist, gallery] trophies, stickers, and any other things that you can think of that would be cool in SSB.

For example:

ITEM
(Pokeball)
Darkrai--Dark Void
Darkrai appears and uses Dark Void, covering a sizeable patch of ground with dark energy that puts anyone standing on it to sleep.

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 02:03:05 PM »
I sense the creation of a good thread. Oh wait...

Assist Trophy: Dr. Mario

Comes out and uses his pills, and then finishes him by using a syringe on the fighter.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 10:05:05 PM »
Stage: Fight Stage (paper mario)

A seemingly basic flat stage, but enemies are there fighting you until you kill them, then more Paper Mario enemies come on stage. Occasionally audience members throw things on stage (food, rocks to hurt you).
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 11:02:52 PM »
I don't get how these end up in Forum Games... I mean, don't you want your ideas to be taken seriously?

The random character switch. I don't usually like to play as the same character for more than a couple of matches in a row, which is why I play as plenty of characters regularly--to keep the experience fresh while not just being one to play as everyone and never get especially used to any particular character. But I sometimes can't decide who to go with next. This option would be just like My Music but for characters, assigned to a player's name. You would set your favorites to appear more often than those you don't especially like using, and if there are characters you simply don't like to use you could set their probabilities to zero. Example, I'd set Ness, Yoshi, Wario, Pikachu and Captain Falcon to a full bar each. Following them with about half-full bars would be characters like Mr. Game & Watch, RED and Lucas--characters I like, but don't really love. I like a lot of the characters but never really decide to play as Zelda or Snake on a whim, you know what I mean?

For more depth you could set which alternate costumes would and wouldn't be used.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 04:16:30 PM »
Item: Lightswitch (or whatever)
Moveset/costume switch

Basically, this causes you to switch costumes, final smash, and movesets with a random other player, although the character's basic stats (speed, etc.), and appearance will stay the same. So, for example, if Rad Spencer switches with Phoenix Wright, then Nick will go around in green fatigues and have the bionic arm, while Rad will be wearing the blue suit and have all of Phoenix's powers of litigation. And if, say, Gordon Freeman switches with Pikachu, then Pikachu will run around in glasses and the HEV suit and Gordon will be wearing a big goofy Pikachu costume.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 09:15:19 AM »
I don't get how these end up in Forum Games... I mean, don't you want your ideas to be taken seriously?
Gordon will be wearing a big goofy Pikachu costume.

Too late.

Also:

ITEM
HM #1-8
The hidden machines from the Pokemon series are in Brawl!  I guess you might call them mini-final smashes.  Coming in the form of small, multi-colored CDs (smaller than music CDs), their effects can be randomly selected from the following list:

HM01 Cut-This will deal a powerful slashing blow to anyone directly in front of you.
HM02 Fly-This is a recovery move and an attack; it will launch the user higher into the air than most recovery moves can, and it will also bat aside anyone in the way.
HM03 Surf-A giant wall of water will sweep horizontally across the battlefield, catching and pushing any opponent in the way along with it.
HM04 Strength-Similar to DK's giant punch, but much stronger, it's a straight-forward attack.
HM05 De-fog-This will move any items (including Smash Balls) to random parts of the stage.  No offensive power, but great if your opponent is about to get a really good item.
HM06 Rock Smash-This is another punching move.  It's less powerful than strength, but it stuns the opponent after the hit is dealt.
HM07 Waterfall-Many gallons of water rush down directly in front of the user.  This has a meteor smash effect and is great in midair.
HM08 Rock Climb-The user of this move will automatically rush across the landscape, following the exact shape of the environment, even scaling sheer walls.  Anyone who gets hit by the user will have their Control Stick reversed for the next few seconds, making right=left, up=down, etc.  The user can press the control stick in the opposite direction to turn around during the attack.

All these are activated by pressing B after grabbing the CD, similar to a final smash.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:34:05 PM by Turtlekid1 »

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »
Sorry to pick out stuff in a great idea but...
Surf is Piplup's move in Brawl. The rest are great.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »
Oh, yeah, I thought about that, but Surf in the above context is quite a bit larger than Piplup's, and is more similar to Isaac's...hand...thingy... actually, in the category of pre-existing moves, I also listed Waterfall, which is Suirtle's Up-B.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 07:07:58 PM »
Different-styled boss fights

This is kind of odd, but basically, all (or most) of the bosses in the single-player game would have a different play style. One might be a racing stage; one might be a WarioWare-esque minigame collection; one might be a regular fight, but with a full-3D third person camera; another might be a FFT-style grid-based strategy game (complete with party members). The rules would be explained before the match, but the idea is to mix up the game's strategy.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 09:06:24 PM »
ITEM
(Assist Trophy)
Thwomp

A Thwomp comes out of the assist trophy and takes its position in midair above the platform it was released on.  It acts just like it does in the Mario series, dive-bombing anyone who approaches and dealing serious damage.  Occasionally, the thwomp will move from side to side instead of up and down.

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 07:11:58 PM »
Assist Trophy:
Chain Chomp.

It's peg will stick down in the ground below it and stay there. It will lunge at nearby enemies as it does in the Mario series. It's size is the same as it was in Super Mario 64, but attacks like it does in Super Mario Bros. 3.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 11:06:24 AM »
ITEM
(Assist Trophy)
Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris will appear and round-house kick anyone nearby, causing a one-hit KO even if they don't have any damage.

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »
How in the heck are we supposed to follow that up, Turtlekid? You've pretty much pwnd everyone else in the topic!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 12:46:56 PM »
How about... a Mr. T AT?!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 03:03:34 PM »
If Isaac is playable in the next Smash, then his AT could be replaced with Wall Street Kid, attacking with Adam Smith's Invisible Hand.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 10:26:03 PM »
Assist Trophy: Temporal Paradox

A horrific distortion within unseeable particles causes time and space as we understand them to unravel. A single fraction of an instant is stretched over the course of an infinite number of eternities as everything becomes nothing, and nothing becomes everything. The entire scope of everything is compressed into an infinitely small singularity, at once impossibly giant and undetectably small. All that is known by anything is wiped out.

Does medium damage to all players nearby.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »
ITEM:
Hologram projector (Original Item)

When the user picks up the hologram projector, it seems like nothing happens... then, when the user takes a hit, instead of taking damage, they will fade away, turning out to be a hologram.  The player re-materializing where they originally picked up the projector.  That's right, this is essentially a free dodge with no chance of failure.  Just make sure you don't pick it up while standing on a platform that isn't always there, or the platform may not be there for you to return to if/when you take a hit

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 07:58:02 PM »
The random character switch. I don't usually like to play as the same character for more than a couple of matches in a row, which is why I play as plenty of characters regularly--to keep the experience fresh while not just being one to play as everyone and never get especially used to any particular character. But I sometimes can't decide who to go with next. This option would be just like My Music but for characters, assigned to a player's name. You would set your favorites to appear more often than those you don't especially like using, and if there are characters you simply don't like to use you could set their probabilities to zero. Example, I'd set Ness, Yoshi, Wario, Pikachu and Captain Falcon to a full bar each. Following them with about half-full bars would be characters like Mr. Game & Watch, RED and Lucas--characters I like, but don't really love. I like a lot of the characters but never really decide to play as Zelda or Snake on a whim, you know what I mean?

For more depth you could set which alternate costumes would and wouldn't be used.

That would be pretty awesome. I always use a certain costume with every character, and will play as nearly any one of the characters in SSBM. (I don't have SSBB but I'm sure I'd do the same in it) However, I am partial to playing as a few select characters (Mario/Doc/Luigi, Ness, C.Falcon/Ganon, Marth/Roy)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:00:59 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 11:33:09 AM »
STAGE:
Comet Observatory (Super Mario Galaxy)
Unlocked with Rosalina
Size: Medium

The observatory is here!  Consisting of different environments just like the various domes in SMG, there's literally an engine room right above the bedroom!  Lumas constantly fly past as you Brawl with your opponents.  The stage is very dynamic; as time passes, different parts of the observatory will have power restored/removed to them.  If a section isn't lit up, it won't be solid, as if it doesn't exist, so if you see lights starting to blink out in one area, jump to a different spot quickly or suffer an instant KO. 

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 12:34:41 PM »
EVENT
Speed Survival

Playing as Sonic, you must avoid Captain Falcon and Fox as they try to do you in!
Rely on your speed and evasion skills to endure until the time is up!

Print